• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5 |OT| Welcome to Hope County

AddiF

Maybe this has been discussed but we are getting a gamebreaking error code that throws us out of the game 10-60 seconds in, sometimes up to 10 minutes in, we're sent back to the starting screen and have to select profile.

Snowshoe-D0A4780B

I've read somewhere it's related to the controller, but we have 3 and all work properly but we're having the same issue in the game. We however put the Xbox into offline mode and then it works fine, no disconnects.

Xbox One X

Any ideas?

AddiF

Maybe this has been discussed but we are getting a gamebreaking error code that throws us out of the game 10-60 seconds in, sometimes up to 10 minutes in, we're sent back to the starting screen and have to select profile.

Snowshoe-D0A4780B

I've read somewhere it's related to the controller, but we have 3 and all work properly but we're having the same issue in the game. We however put the Xbox into offline mode and then it works fine, no disconnects.

Xbox One X

Any ideas?

Spoke too soon. Now we're getting wireless controller disconnecting error Snowshow-3E3384CF. What the heck?

Thanati

I gave it a go the other day and got my refund pretty much straight away. It’s so bland! Also, the unskippable cutscenes really bugged the crap out of me.

I tried Just Cause 3 after it and it’s so much better!

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
The Classic Edition is out and I have started playing it.

Strangely it doesn't show that it is 1X enhanced in the menu, but the resolution definitely seems higher than 1080p.

Inuteu

The Classic Edition is out and I have started playing it.

Strangely it doesn't show that it is 1X enhanced in the menu, but the resolution definitely seems higher than 1080p.

Im curious if this is a remaster or they just bumped the resolution

hope at least its 4k/60

WaterAstro

Okay, I just did everything possible, then I finished the game...

What the fuck I just wasted my time.

It didn't start out feeling like a collectathon, but it ended up being one of the worst collectathons as well as a boring narrative style.

Inuteu

I liked the Vitnam DLC so far

its a breath of fresh air from the infinite spawning of cult rednecks of the main game

iorek21

Really linking the DLC, it actually gives me a feel of Far Cry 2/Crysis...

Lone warrior in the jungle, I love it

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The Vietnam DLC was more enjoyable than the main FC5 story. I really liked the stealth and large area to explore. I didn't do everything and I still spent 7.5 hours getting through the story. I felt like Rambo, all it was missing was good 60s rock music.

badboyyy

Yep absolutely brilliant DLC, I spend 9 hours to complete everything. That atmosphere of Vietnam, music, sounds, gameplay was superb, I hope more people plays this dlc

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Mars seems awful so far. Generic bug creatures that are no fun to fight, open boring landscape, boring weapons, etc. Even the jet pack controls are unintuitive. I had a great time with the first DLC.

badboyyy

Reminder to myself and other people: Please dont buy season pass. I hope zombies dlc will be a lot of fun, because what was in the Mars dlc, it was absolutely crap.

120v

yeah i really got burned on he gold edition. got hyped about arcade and AssCreed Origins buttered me up for going delux on an ubi title.

DLC were okay little time wasters at least. but i could've easily passed them up

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
A2QAkut.jpg

Kupfer

Ok Far Cry 5 owners,
I'm digging out this old thread because I finally want to play this game but only find reviews for the releaseversion of the game.
I want to play this with a friend and many reviews say, that the coop mode is basically trash - in terms of progress.

The host makes story progress, the guest gets perks, exp, money, guns.
So after many updates, did they change the system, so both can make story progress and did they change the tethering system, so both players can are able to move around freely?

If not, **** this game :)

The Shepard

The input latency on this game is the worst I've come across in a very long time and I am playing in game mode. Switch HDR off and it's fine, every ubisoft game is like this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom