• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 5: E3 2017 Official Gameplay

DaciaJC

Gold Member
First far cry had plenty of white enemies actually.

Second Far Cry as well.

Edit: I see that was already brought up, carry on!

More on-topic, it's unfortunate that the trailer did nothing to convince me that Ubisoft is changing up the gameplay in a major way to account for the new setting and protagonist (who is apparently a law enforcement officer, a first for the series if I'm not mistaken). All they showed was the addition of yet more friendly AI elements.

I look forward to the inevitable Ubisoft Downgrade™.

E3 Build:
3244257-fc5.jpg

Final Build:
maxresdefault.jpg

Kssio_Aug

I think FC5 was okay. It looks fun... but looks the same old, same old. Probably gonna skip it until I can get it fairly cheap.

Socreges

Banned
Strikes me as an FPS GTA in some respects. Which is a good thing

Probably a better comparison to be made but that's the best I got

Roussow

That slow intro before the shots go off was really unsettling, pretty horrific really. Then the transition into fun, bonkers action was super jarring.

yansolo

I got a bit of a last of us feel up until the exploding cows, cant wait !
Just hope theres less tower climbing, hated that from the previous fc's

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Somehow I've managed to never play a Farcry game, do they tend to have good stories?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm picturing conservatives complaining that between this, Outlast 2, and Bioshock Infinite, Christians are being made out as an evil religion. "Why can't we have a video game character that prays to God, goes to church, and reads the Bible?"

Good. I was born a catholic, and people getting triggered about this thing like they are some sort of oppressed minority is irritating.

We can have Muslim terrorists in generic middle eastern country, or generic russia bad guy for games, but not fundamentalist right wing militas who may turn into cults? Its not even something unheard of in real life.
Somehow I've managed to never play a Farcry game, do they tend to have good stories?

THey can have decent stories...nothing overtly special but they do a good job of giving you a reason to do stuff without feeling like its just filler to go from A to B. A lot of eccentric characters

Megatron

Looks like it does the same co-op as 4. Did. I.e., not full campaign, just certain mission types?

Game looks great though.

I like that maybe buddies are kind of back?
(or maybe they were back in 4 or primal, i dunno, didnt touch those)

Not sure how these AI characters are integrated beyond being able to order them around. Will there be like loyalty missions? Do they play an active role in the story? Skill trees? Do they do the Far Cry 2 thing of appearing when you're in trouble? Can they get hurt or killed? Can they do more than their assigned role? Or is it, this is the sniper, this is the plane guy etc?

As a big fan of Farming Simulator, this just might be my first FarCry game. I'm only half-joking, I love the setting and the gameplay looks like a lot of fun. Using tractors as weapons just gives this a leg up.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Is there a reason people are claiming this is an anti-alt right game? I watched a gameplay video from gamespot (I think) and the majority of the enemies that the player killed were black...

Is it just the christian thing?

Gold_Loot

Is there a reason people are claiming this is an anti-alt right game? I watched a gameplay video from gamespot (I think) and the majority of the enemies that the player killed were black...

Is it just the christian thing?
Definitely not a Christian thing. Just a few ya hoos making noise.

Still waiting for the "proofs" of a "downgrade" of all of their games of the last 2 years.

Please, please resume shitposting.
The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Far Cry 4 (which was released around 2.5 years ago). Take a look at the before and after with those games. Then feel free to resume sticking your head in the sand while complaining about "shitposting".

shanafan

Will this game see a physical release on PC? Primal did.

I ask because if there is a physical release on PC, Best Buy's GCU works.

Shredderi

I wouldn't worry about downgrades for this game. I mean, it doesn't really look noticeably better than Primal, for example, in terms of fidelity. Like Primal, it looks good, but not good enough where it's even near blowing my mind (like watchdogs reveal back in the day). Now something like Anthem I fully expect to be downgraded. That was some next level shit.

Top Bottom