• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantastic 2D Contra game free w/ Gold

How many of you knew Hard Corps Uprising was set in the Contra Universe?

• I did

Votes: 33 64.7%
  • I had no clue

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

93xfan

Banned
Hard Corp Uprising is a fantastic game that everyone who likes 2D Contra and Metal Slug should play.

Never understood why there kept the Contra name out of the title on this one.

Btw, do the classic code during the loading screen for the first level for a nice throwback.

Just downloaded it for free, thx mate. Will post my thoughts after playing a bit. Never played it but loved the OG Contra.

Last edited:

Pejo

Great game! I played this a ton with a friend back in the PS3 days. I should buy this on Xbox since the fate of the PS3 doesn't look good.

Kazza

I'm not a Contra super fan so maybe I'm just bad.... but this game is super hard. Hard but fun.

It is hard! But the secret is to play the non-arcade mode (story mode?). In non-arcade mode you get to continuously upgrade your character (health, weapons etc) and those upgrades are carried over into new games. Athough you still have to die a lot, the game get progressively easier as your skills and stats increase.

Great game!

Top Bottom