• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans of “The Office,” do you watch/listen to Office Ladies

#Phonepunk#

Banned
if they were playing clips from the show then yeah i can see how a lawyer somewhere would get mad about that

it's dumb but that's life on youtube, sadly

Teletraan1

Banned
if they were playing clips from the show then yeah i can see how a lawyer somewhere would get mad about that

it's dumb but that's life on youtube, sadly
Just audio. Never more than 30s-1m per episode. Yet people have reaction videos of new shows that show up to 10m of video and audio and that is considered fair use. It is probably a bogus claim by some crap LLC.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Yeah if it’s straight audio you really can’t get away with more than a few seconds of that. If they are playing minute long clips no wonder they were pulled

GymWolf

I think the first season is mostly bad. Things definitely start getting better in 2. I go back and forth on 3/4/5 being my favorite. Season 4 has the best episode of the entire show: Dinner Party
watching the third season now.

i don't know, every character has his moment, but i still find almost half of the character being unsefferable\cringe...i kinda like more the secondary chara like the intern, angela, cerny's lost brother, kevin, creed etc.

michael has some glorious and hilarious moment but he is cringe personified, same for dwight.

rashida jones is spectacular as usual tho.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
early seasons are the best. when Michael leaves it definitely lost something.

Andy is not a good replacement. he was just a horrible person. weird how Michael was a horrible person yet it worked for him. at least he had some kind of absurd "love" of his work and employees. Andy was just a rich psychopath. he didn't give a shit even for his girlfriend. i think they could have stood to make him more likable.

when James Spader is the boss, those episodes are all insanely good. the dynamic of the whole office being scared of him works really well.

Last edited:
I think seasons 2, 3, and 4 are the best stretch of a comedy show I can remember. Every season is good but these seasons were the glory years with probably 8 out of my top 10 favorite episodes of the show

#Phonepunk#

Banned
aw man i have a huge hangover after drinking too much wine last night. spent all day in bed, mainlining Office episodes lol. i have to file this show alongside Seinfeld and the Simpsons in being something i can always throw on for comfort food.

watching season 2 and it's good stuff. Todd Packer is hilarious. when he shows up they really nail the business frat culture. also something i forgot about, Michael has a copy of Trump's book displayed in his office. kind of ironic how NBC also had the Apprentice going on at the same time. they made so much money off that Bad Boss archetype. lol they've been (inadvertently?) promoting Trump for decades.

rv7sTuu.jpg

Last edited:
aw man i have a huge hangover after drinking too much wine last night. spent all day in bed, mainlining Office episodes lol. i have to file this show alongside Seinfeld and the Simpsons in being something i can always throw on for comfort food.

watching season 2 and it's good stuff. Todd Packer is hilarious. when he shows up they really nail the business frat culture. also something i forgot about, Michael has a copy of Trump's book displayed in his office. kind of ironic how NBC also had the Apprentice going on at the same time. they made so much money off that Bad Boss archetype. lol they've been (inadvertently?) promoting Trump for decades.

rv7sTuu.jpg
Great comfort show.

'how's it going Halpert!? Still queer?'

GymWolf

you people need to watch parks and recreations.
the first season is hit and miss but from the second one become stellar (and continue to improve every season)

and chris pratt is far more funny here than starlord can even dream to achieve in marvel movies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
yeah parks rules. Andy Dwyer is funny as fuck. that episode where Leslie is running for mayor and they all have to go out on the ice bc they got a red carpet that only goes so far, and Andy is carrying a three legged dog, had me laughing sooo hard.

def the most cringiest thing about the Office was when they made Andy out to be a p3do.

stuff like this just isn't funny to me, it's sad, i'm like, why am i watching this pathetic grown ass man. how is his co worker not immediately going to the police? is this supposed to be funny?

still blows my mind the whole idea to have Andy replace Michael Scott. like whose bright idea was it to take the beloved bad boss Michael who was somehow charming & innocent enough to excuse his constant bigotry and replace him with a rich snobby failson p3do nobody that likes? it def made those later seasons a real chore to get through.

Last edited:
Didn’t realize there was an uproar over him selling it - I had assumed this was a quarantine only show anyway. Will be tough to maintain without him as the face, but I don’t begrudge him for stopping.

I just saw some tweets referenced along the lines of "just when you think there is something positive in the world, someone goes and makes money off it" or something like that. Twitter...is weird

Top Bottom