• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fanatec to partner with Gran Turismo for racing peripherals to reduce gaps between sim racing and real racing

cormack12

Gold Member
LGhpyC.jpg

Fanatec and Gran Turismo Partner to Develop New Racing Peripherals​

LANDSHUT, Bavaria (July 13, 2021) - Gran Turismo has partnered with Fanatec, a leading brand in sim racing hardware, to develop new racing peripherals that will use advanced force-feedback technology, the companies announced today. A representative from Fanatec added that the collaboration will help "aim to reduce the distinction between sim racing and real-world racing."

About Fanatec​

Founded in 1997, Fanatec introduced several significant innovations to sim racing over the years such as the incorporation of belt-drive technology in consumer-grade wheel bases, load cell brake technology and contactless sensors to mass-market pedal sets, and the launch of the first-ever direct-drive system for PlayStation®4. Its partnerships with leading automotive manufacturers and world-famous racing series have helped to increase awareness of sim racing, making it an integral part of modern motorsport.

Kazunori Yamauchi, Gran Turismo Series Producer​

“Fanatec has been on the leading edge of simulation hardware technology for many years. While the quality and performance of their products are impressive, it's their desire to innovate in motorsports that resonates with us the most. Polyphony Digital and Fanatec share this same spirit and long-term ambition, and I'm very excited about what we can create together.”

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor AG​

“For many years, Kazunori Yamauchi has pushed the limits on the software side and played a massive role in making sim racing popular. Now we have joined forces with the shared goal to continue to merge virtual and real-world racing together. We have several exciting projects in the pipeline and I can’t wait to see how they perform in Gran Turismo.”

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I always wanted to get into thr wheel scene, but could never get the sensitivity dialed in. Anyone know if this company does well in that regard?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
To increase gaps in your bank account/pocket/wallet more like :d

Last edited:
I always wanted to get into thr wheel scene, but could never get the sensitivity dialed in. Anyone know if this company does well in that regard?
Erm, as an owner of a DD1 drive from them, hell yeah. It's easy as hell to configure, just be prepared to spend a good amount of money to do so :messenger_winking:
Tbh, it's complete overkill for GT Sport, this gear really shines when you go to +roper simulators like iracing or ACC. I personally recommend getting an additional rally wheel and go for dirt rally 1/2. Get the shifter and obviously the hand brake module.
Also, don't forget to invest in a proper racing cockpit. If you cheap out on it, chances are you'll tear it apart with the g force of a direct drive.

Bundle with pedals will probably be around 500-600eur.
the loadcell pedals alone are circa 250eur :)
Obviously no one should go for anything below load cell. That's arguably as important, if not more, than having DD on the wheel itself.

sncvsrtoip

Bundle with pedals will probably be around 500-600eur.
fanatec hinted that there will be bundle direct drive wheel + load cell pedals under 700 (so probably 699 ;d), its not cheap for sure for casual gamer but for load cell and direct drive its very good price

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Saw this yesterday, I've been really tempted to buy a wheel but was waiting for the inevitable new offical one to see what it would be. Looks awesome with the DD, no mention of the pedals yet right? Anyways glad I waited and I hope it's price will not be over 400€ Happy dreaming I guess

Last edited:

TTOOLL

I’ve always wanted a wheel but never had the courage to invest in one. The simplest Logitech for PS4 is already very expensive here. Maybe next year!

fanatec hinted that there will be bundle direct drive wheel + load cell pedals under 700 (so probably 699 ;d), its not cheap for sure for casual gamer but for load cell and direct drive its very good price
Must be the recently released csl dd. It's the budget line of fanatec products.
Normally loadcell pedals go for 250 eur, the cheapest wheel for 199 and the base would be around 350 for this csl one.

So yeah, it's about 100 eur discount over buying the parts separately.

Not sure how good the csl dd is, it's 3 times cheaper than even the DD1, normally that means something.

Maybe CSL DD GT PRO version with wheelbase+rim+loadcell pedals+8nm supply for 699€.

And CSL DD GT wheelbase+rim+stock pedals for 499€.
Yeah, agree.

But honestly guys, if you buy a wheel, do not buy stock pedals. You'll regret it once you realize you miss every single braking point. Forget proper trail braking and being consistent. Pay the extra 100 and get loadcell, you'll thank me later.

nullpoynter

If only Fanatic had the CSL DD in stock. Unfortunately, their new budget direct drive wheel base isn't available until November.

sncvsrtoip

Must be the recently released csl dd. It's the budget line of fanatec products.
Normally loadcell pedals go for 250 eur, the cheapest wheel for 199 and the base would be around 350 for this csl one.

So yeah, it's about 100 eur discount over buying the parts separately.

Not sure how good the csl dd is, it's 3 times cheaper than even the DD1, normally that means something.
according to first previews its very good (especialy with optional 8nm boost kit)

Top Bottom