• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan remastering The Simpsons: Hit & Run

Holammer

A Hit & Run fan, 'El Gato Del Tejado' on YT found the various mods for the game wanting, so he did it himself from scratch. No Unreal Engine 5 crap, no AI upscaling, everything done by hand and it looks great. The second video where he does the cutscenes with traditional animation is simply nuts. Re-framing the shots and studying style guides to make it look right.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Been an avid reader of gaming news, I had heard about this a couple of thousand times, aye.

I think I prefer the old non cel-shaded style in-game tbh, but outside of that this guy is an amateur (he says this) so more power to him taking on a massive task like this, good luck to you if you're reading this thread mate!

The cutscene work is amazing.

Absolutely, fantastic and looks like a whole studio's work.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Saw this in my recommend page a few weeks back. Was an interesting watch. Along with the guy making if fully open world.

This game was so much fun on PS2. I remember changing the system clock for easy access to the holiday themes.

fart town usa

Gold Member
This game is awesome. Bought it for the wife a few years back, she loves the Simpson PS2 games and this is the best one as far as I know.

Modder is super talented, really impressive.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
hired money GIF by Originals

Max_Po

Banned
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠿⠛⠛⠛⠋⠉⠈⠉⠉⠉⠉⠛⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡏⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⢏⣴⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣟⣾⣿⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⢢⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣟⠀⡴⠄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿
⣿⣿⣿⠟⠻⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠶⢴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿
⣿⣁⡀⠀⠀⢰⢠⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠀⣴⣶⣿⡄⣿
⣿⡋⠀⠀⠀⠎⢸⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠗⢘⣿⣟⠛⠿⣼
⣿⣿⠋⢀⡌⢰⣿⡿⢿⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⣧⢀⣼
⣿⣿⣷⢻⠄⠘⠛⠋⠛⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⣧⠈⠉⠙⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣧⠀⠈⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⢃⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⡿⠀⠴⢗⣠⣤⣴⡶⠶⠖⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⡸⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⡀⢠⣾⣿⠏⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠉⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣧⠈⢹⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⠈⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣴⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⣄⣀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⠀⠀⠙⣿⣿⡟⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⠇⠀⠁⠀⠀⠹⣿⠃⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠛⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢐⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⠛⠉⠉⠁⠀⢻⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠈⣿⣿⡿⠉⠛⠛⠛⠉⠉
⣿⡿⠋⠁⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⡴⣸⣿⣇⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡿⠄⠙⠛⠀⣀⣠⣤⣤⠄

MiguelItUp

I love that this guy basically just came out and put that other guy that was doing this to shame, lmao. This stuff looks REALLY cool. I'm assuming he's wanting to make it available when he's done too? Unlike the other guy.

Mikey Jr.

Don't eat Feef?

Ummm, I think this guy needs to take another pass at this.

Really excellent cutscenes though. Holy shit.

Last edited:

Holammer

Modder put up a 'things to come' teaser for an upcoming video as one of those godawful YT shorts.
With future projects featuring Crash Bandicoot and Flintstones (around 0:31).

ACESHIGH

Banned
I don't understand why these folks don't release a SINGLE video once this is completed and posted online.

They are basically begging to be shut down by the IP holder.

JCK75

I remember I loved this game but cannot recall what system I played it on (gamecube maybe?)
did it release for PC? I had no clue.. I'll be buying it ASAP when I get home and can actually check my steam store outside of this firewall.

Holammer

I remember I loved this game but cannot recall what system I played it on (gamecube maybe?)
did it release for PC? I had no clue.. I'll be buying it ASAP when I get home and can actually check my steam store outside of this firewall.
It released on everything at the time, PS2, Xbox, GC & PC.

kiphalfton

Modder put up a 'things to come' teaser for an upcoming video as one of those godawful YT shorts.
With future projects featuring Crash Bandicoot and Flintstones (around 0:31).

Guy definitely has talent.

Dexter's Lab and Flintstones look a lot better than the usual garbage fan made stuff. Animation is definitely key.

Top Bottom