• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan-Remake of GoldenEye 007 made with FarCry 5 on PS4

Kuranghi

I sold my PS4 copy of FC5 last week for £3:

tumblr_mn9l448ThR1qgr0y2o1_250.gif

edit - Wait I can play on PC?!??:

Piety1.gif

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Never played the game myself, but appreciate the time and talent this guy did to pull this off, and I know a lot of you like this game.

For those that don't know:
GoldenEye 007
Released 1997
For the Nintendo 64

Here is a preview video:

Here's his playlist for every level in the game on Youtube.

This game is available for anyone who owns Far Cry 5, and is available for Playstation, Xbox and PC.

From the author:

Source: Reddit thread.

How to find these levels in Far Cry 5:

Some people have requested that he also do Perfect Dark (released 2000 on N64), but he thinks that the limitations of the Far Cry 5 editor is not up to it, and he's a little burnt out after working on this for 2 and half years.

I don't own Far Cry 5 myself, as I got tired of the series after 4, but considering buying it, just to check out this guys work.

The fact he worked on this for 2.5 years on the PS4, using the controller is insane! Probably would have been easier on the PC using a keyboard/mouse, but I'm unfamiliar with the Far Cry 5 editor.

There is currently a sale (Save 80% - Offer ends 9/6/2021) on the PlayStation store, for "Far Cry Insanity Bundle", which includes Far Cry 3 Classic Edition, Far Cry 4, and Far Cry 5. ($17.99 US Store, $23.99 Canadian store). Currently not on sale on the Xbox store ($89.99 US), and the Insanity bundle is not available on PC.

I still prefer FC2 level design because you can use those on PvP. Still, lots of fun with FC4/5 and custom level designs.

nkarafo

Did they really have to use all of those indicators? Gondeneye only needed the ammo count indicator and nothing else.

Last edited:
On PC, go to Arcade-Mode, choose "Solo & Coop", and do a search for Perfect-Dark1982 and you will find all his levels.

Same instructions for Xbox, and PS4/PS5.
That doesn’t work, at least for me.

Here are the instructions from the guy:
Yes, on PC and XBO. Just search for levelname "GE64" and check that the creator and original creator is "MapSwapper2". He ported my levels from PS4 to the other platforms.

Saber

Gold Member
This looks amazing! I'm impressed on how closer it looks to the original in terms of models.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Arcade mode seems to open after playing to a certain point in singleplayer. Does by chance anyone know what or and where that point may be? Thanks in advance. Eager to look at these maps.

tylrdiablos

Arcade mode seems to open after playing to a certain point in singleplayer. Does by chance anyone know what or and where that point may be? Thanks in advance. Eager to look at these maps.
I think you just have to get to the first little town and there's an arcade machine in the bar. Interact with that and you're good to go.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Far Cry 5's level editor is pretty robust, and now someone has just straight-up remade GoldenEye in Ubisoft's first-person shooter. So enjoy the nostalgia trip as we play through the first two maps from this iconic game.

YouTuber "Krollywood" has spent the last two and a half years essentially remaking all 18 levels of GoldenEye on the PS4 version of Far Cry 5.Thanks to the sharing feature in Far Cry 5's arcade mode, other players can try out Krollywood's GoldenEye remake by looking up the PSN username "Perfect-Dark1982" in Far Cry 5.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

It was alright, the AI is set to some mode where it wont leave the area/room/specifc spot its spawned into so it wasn't really that fun. I understand they wanted to not have the AI just all run to your exact location when they hear a noise like FC5, but this was a bit too far in the other direction. Great recreation of the levels and objectives but not so good AI compared to a 25 year old game, but thats not really the creators fault, more Ubisofts.

RoboCain

So, MGM complained and the creator had to took down the maps. Any ideas if this can still be downloaded on Xbox? I just heard about all of this today.

Top Bottom