• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Fan made] Dino Crisis Remake concept are looking gorgeous

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
banner_608.jpg

Capcom is slowly working on getting their classic IPs back on the current generation consoles but they haven’t done anything with Dino Crisis IP. They have remastered some old games like Onimusha and Okami while remaking others like Resident Evil 2 and 3. Dino Crisis is an IP that could offer a lot of potential with the advancement in technology, but there is no official announcement on what Capcom is planning to do with it.
Dino Crisis fans have been requesting a return for the IP for a long time, some are even taking it to themselves to either remake the classic game, or create one that is similar to it.
One fan has now created concept art for a Dino Crisis Remake, re-imaging how it would look like with a gameplay reworked for the current generation of consoles.

dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-4.jpg
dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-3.jpg

dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-1.jpg
dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-2.jpg

This concept art for a Dino Crisis Remake was made by Alexander Forssberg who shared it on his art station page as well.

Aggelos

I've posted it here, into the bargain...

There's also Team Arklay's who's working on a fan remake based on Unreal Engine

Dinosaurs were cool in the 90s. Not anymore.

Dinosaurs are still modern and contemporary.

JurassicWorldDominion_Poster.jpeg

Even Shinji Mikami (presently positioned at his company Tango Gameworks) remembers Dino Crisis more than Capcom themselves.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I've posted it here, into the bargain...

Haven't seen that sorry !

I have a hunch that this guy was eviserated.

Insider Dusk Golem say he is ok

Last edited:

Aggelos

Insider Dusk Golem say he is ok

Oh my gosh, note that bloke again.

During its 5th anniversary interview (from the 5th Anniversary Pack that came out on 1st of July 2004 in Japan), producer Kobayashi prompted Shu Takumi to write the script for the real sequel of Dino Crisis 2.
They talk about the much-debated ending of Dino Crisis 2 at 15:38

-Takumi-san says that the controversial ending of Dino Crisis 2 was made in a way that everything would have been settled in the next installment.
-Then Kobayashi-san butts in by saying "Oh you really had the sequel in your mind...".
-Takumi-san replies "Well it was somehow expected..."
-Then Kobayashi-san goes on by saying "In my mind, it was always that Regina manages to return to the present. And then we see the two of them (Dylan and Paula) stay until the end. But since time travel was at play, seeing Dylan as a middle-aged grown-up, married, and having children, it means that he had already traveled into the future. All in all, the ending of Dino Crisis 2 implies that he doesn't die. Therefore, to me, it's a happy ending conveying that Dylan has made it after all. Thus, if the player interprets it that way, it comes readily across that Dylan doesn't die at that juncture. Thinking about time travel, honestly, Regina would probably go back to rescue Dylan and everything would work out eventually".
-Takumi-san comments " So you really want to take it like that?" and with a palpable sigh, Takumi voices his desire "Really, someday, I would really love to make the sequel (to Dino Crisis 2)". Afterwards, he goes on by adding in a rather longing tone of voice," Before we depart from this world" .
-Kobayashi-san prompts Takumi-san to do it -> "Then, please, just write the script."

-And then Takumi-san says something that is not quite audible but sounds like " The outline of the script is ready/done" .

Even though Takumi expressed his longing and desire back in 2004 to make a real sequel to Dino Crisis 2, it never happened.
Yet, still both of them are employed by Capcom.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I really thought they were going to announce a Dino Crisis remake after Jurassic World came back and was a big hit.

MrS

Banned
If DC got the REmake2 treatment, it would be extremely well received - even more so than REmake2 was because it's not as fondly remembered as RE2 98 so there's more scope to wow people. Capcom really should do something with the IP and it's a travesty that it's been dormant for so long.

SCB3

I never have understood why Dino Crisis hasn't had a new sequel or remake yet

Than again capcom rarely focused on non RE or Street Fighter games tbh I mean look how long it took to get DMCV and the Onimusha remaster(speaking of which, where's the other 2 in the series?)

Aggelos

Guys, I must confess that the "Jurassic people" are killing it (especially for those who say that Dinosaurs are a thing of the '90s. Contrary to what Capcom has been doing with Dino Crisis)
Man, and had it not been for the Corona Virus madness, Jurassic World Dominion would have been a nice 2021 summer blockbuster.

Last edited:
banner_608.jpg

Capcom is slowly working on getting their classic IPs back on the current generation consoles but they haven’t done anything with Dino Crisis IP. They have remastered some old games like Onimusha and Okami while remaking others like Resident Evil 2 and 3. Dino Crisis is an IP that could offer a lot of potential with the advancement in technology, but there is no official announcement on what Capcom is planning to do with it.
Dino Crisis fans have been requesting a return for the IP for a long time, some are even taking it to themselves to either remake the classic game, or create one that is similar to it.
One fan has now created concept art for a Dino Crisis Remake, re-imaging how it would look like with a gameplay reworked for the current generation of consoles.

dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-4.jpg
dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-3.jpg

dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-1.jpg
dino-crisis-remake-fan-art-2.jpg

This concept art for a Dino Crisis Remake was made by Alexander Forssberg who shared it on his art station page as well.
Rediscovered these now and holy shit, they are amazing

Dc is my favourite capcom series and one of my absolute top 5 ever, miss it so much

SinDelta

Too bad its fanmade. It looks amazing, and I say this as someone who has never played Dino Crisis. Rain scene is definitely evoking the T-Rex breakout from Jurassic Park.

Another iconic franchise left to rot. Just like Chrono Trigger.

Last edited:

NahaNago

So why is she wearing a one piece bikini. Is it simply due to male reasons or is there a plot behind it. Like maybe she encounter a dinosaur after a dip in the pool.

Hugare

A remake using RE Engine for next gen consoles would have the potential to bethe most scary game of all time

Capcom nailed RE 2, so I have faith in them

I mean its concept art. This doesnt really tell me anything except that a guy is a good artist. If it was in-game screenshot, that would be different because it would look like a game. I actually dont even get the headline that this is how "he would imagine the game would look like on next gen"...what, paint brush strokes...night sky, dinosaurs walking next to cars...concept art and game screenshots are 2 totally different things. This could be used for any generic dinosaur title, movie, cartoon etc.

Top Bottom