• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Sales: 6/27/22 – 7/3/22 | Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set debuts at 104,315 retail sales.

reksveks

Famitsu has published its estimated physical game software and hardware sales data for Japan for the week of June 27, 2022 to July 3, 2022.
The Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set for Switch, which includes the base game plus a download code for the Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak expansion, was the highest selling new release of the week, opening at 104,315 retail sales. It was also the only new release to chart in the top 10.
On the hardware side, the Switch family sold 84,281 units, the PlayStation 5 family sold 24,361 units, the Xbox Series family sold 12,530 units, and the PlayStation 4 family sold 15 units. Next-generation consoles continue to face stock issues.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
  1. [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set (Capcom, 06/30/22) – 104,315 (New)
  2. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 20,169 (532,470)
  3. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes (Nintendo, 06/24/22) – 17,841 (115,379)
  4. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 9,937 (4,701,588)
  5. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 8,887 (786,697)
  6. [PS5] Gran Turismo 7 (SIE, 03/04/22) – 8,169 (117,694)
  7. [NSW] Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles (Aniplex, 06/09/22) – 7,872 (130,384)
  8. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,444 (2,691,916)
  9. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 7,101 (3,195,829)
  10. [NSW] Mario Strikers: Battle League (Nintendo, 06/10/22) – 5,953 (58,816)
Rankings 11 to 30 will be announced on July 8.

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
  1. Switch OLED Model – 43,789 (1,971,212)
  2. Switch – 28,063 (18,446,910)
  3. Switch Lite – 12,429 (4,783,517)
  4. PlayStation 5 – 20,028 (1,479,080)
  5. Xbox Series X – 9,756 (123,620)
  6. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 4,333 (248,465)
  7. Xbox Series S – 2,774 (136,884)
  8. New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 214 (1,187,413)
  9. PlayStation 4 – 15 (7,819,733)
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2022/07/famitsu-sales-6-27-22-7-3-22

Dashboarding coming later

Last edited:
PS5 finally got some stock. Still not nearly enough but hopefully it keeps coming.
Gran Turismo 7 going up probably due to some bundles is great to see.

By far probably Sony's biggest 1st party game in japan since Ghost of Tsushima maybe.

leo-j

Xbox sales in Japan are shockingly high. They have made a big dent with their promo and stock availability. Good for consoles though , that’s 36,000 consoles that aren’t handhelds being sold.

yazenov

For comparison,

01./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition <Monster Hunter: World \ Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne> # <ACT> (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥6.990) - 206.156 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Collector's Package <ACT> (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥14.444) - 44.160 / NEW

• 1 [NSW] Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak Set (Capcom, 06/30/22) – 104,315 (New)

Huge decline from MHW Iceborne.

Nautilus

Banned
Finally a good week hardware-wise. Everyone is doing well, with Nintendo leading.

Software has been boring these past few weeks.Hopefully things improve when XC 3 launches.

Nautilus

Banned
For comparison,

01./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Master Edition <Monster Hunter: World \ Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne> # <ACT> (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥6.990) - 206.156 / NEW
02./00. [PS4] Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne Collector's Package <ACT> (Capcom) {2019.09.06} (¥14.444) - 44.160 / NEW

Digital is bigger now compared to when Iceborne release.Probably the reason why.

yazenov

Digital is bigger now compared to when Iceborne release.Probably the reason why.
Digital in not that big in Japan to make up for the huge decline (more than 2x). And digital is not as big for Nintendo compared to Sony.

Its just a big drop compared to MHW: Iceborne. Lets not try to spin the facts or sugar coat it.

Also compare the two consoles userbase wise at the time of the release of the games and its an not a good look comparison for the Switch and MHR Sunbreak.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Digital in not that big in Japan to make up for the huge decline (more than 2x). And digital is not as big for Nintendo compared to Sony.

Its just a big drop compared to MHW: Iceborne. Lets not try to spin the facts or sugar coat it.
Sunbreak, much like Iceborne, requires the main game to be able to play.An expansion being far more likely to sell digitally, as you only pay for the expansion, instead of rebuying the main game + the expansion as a physical copy is just a fact, regardless of the platform.

yazenov

Sunbreak, much like Iceborne, requires the main game to be able to play.An expansion being far more likely to sell digitally, as you only pay for the expansion, instead of rebuying the main game + the expansion as a physical copy is just a fact, regardless of the platform.

25 million Switch userbase and 8.3 PS4 (at the time of iceborne release).

That's bad no matter how you slice it.

Capcom shot themselves in the foot by not releasing the PS4/PS5 version of the game.

3x the user base but only less than half the sales of the previous entry. 🤔

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned

Capcom shot themselves in the foot by not releasing the PS4/PS5 version of the game.

10 million units sold in 1 year and they shot themselves in the foot lol.

Plus your math at the end is stupidly wrong, as Rise is on Switch and PC, while World was on PS4, XOne and PC. But sure, live in your little world.

yazenov

10 million units sold in 1 year and they shot themselves in the foot lol.

Plus your math at the end is stupidly wrong, as Rise is on Switch and PC, while World was on PS4, XOne and PC. But sure, live in your little world.

Settle down Boi.

How many millions more would they have sold on PS4/5? Yeah lost opportunity cost by excluding the Playstation consoles. Check MHW sales for comparison. Its evident by the huge decline in sales that it was a mistake.

And lol at your second paragraph. I was directly comparing Monster Hunte sales of Switch vs PS4 only in Japan. What's with the irrelevant inclusion of the other platforms?

Last edited:

lyan

Settle down Boi.

How many millions more would they have sold on PS4/5? Yeah lost opportunity cost by excluding the Playstation consoles. Check MHW sales for comparison. Its evident by the huge decline in sales that it was a mistake.

And lol at your second paragraph. I was directly comparing Monster Hunte sales of Switch vs PS4 only in Japan. What's with the irrelevant inclusion of the other platforms?
Unlike Sunbreak Iceborn wasn't out on PC day 1 so that would push more PS4 launch sales. That said I doubt steam's numbers can make up the difference in this case.

Bragr

Banned
For comparison,

But thats a given, World hit upon a certain hype Sunbreak never had. Sunbreak is still selling well.

yazenov

Unlike Sunbreak Iceborn wasn't out on PC day 1 so that would push more PS4 launch sales. That said I doubt steam's numbers can make up the difference in this case.

Yeah I guess you could say that it would have affected the sales worldwide outside of Japan, but how did it affect the Japanese sales? Not by a huge amount as PC isn't as big in the country and didn't have an impact to the sales I guess of then the switch or ps4 versions in Japan.

Last edited:

Nautilus

Banned
Settle down Boi.

Relax amigo.

How many millions more would World would have sold on Switch? Yeah lost opportunity cost by excluding the Nintendo consoles, considering how popular MH is on Nintendo. Check MHR sales for comparison. Ita evident by the huge decline in sales that it was a mistake.

Oh, I had guessed that when you said that Rise sold half of World, I guessed that it was the total sales of the game worldwide, and not comparing a reprint of a collection that Capcom released a year+ later just as a bonus for people that didn't have the game already, in which the difference is of only 100k for two games that sold 30 million combined worldwide. Because that difference is so stupidly small that trying to make any kind of point on that tiny difference would be completely stupid. Was I wrong?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69

I wonder why they didn't do ps/xbox versions. An HD version already exists on Steam (and it's awesome). Maybe Nintendo moneyhatted permanent console exclusivity.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Sony really did not like the headlines last couple of weeks :messenger_tears_of_joy:
This pretty much happened...
giphy.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nintendo smacking both Sony and MS by taking the top 3 hardware spots and 90% of the top 10 software sales?
The large male is Nintendo, the smaller male making a move over the female is Sony, and the female putting on the boogies... you get the idea.

lyan

Yeah I guess you could say that it would have affected the sales worldwide outside of Japan, but how did it affect the Japanese sales? Not by a huge amount as PC isn't as big in the country and didn't have an impact to the sales I guess of then the switch or ps4 versions in Japan.
PC is not huge but it is growing, notably every steam sales now gets pretty high on Japan's twitter trend. Again I don't think it is significant enough but it is something.

yazenov

Relax amigo.

How many millions more would World would have sold on Switch? Yeah lost opportunity cost by excluding the Nintendo consoles, considering how popular MH is on Nintendo. Check MHR sales for comparison. Ita evident by the huge decline in sales that it was a mistake.

Oh, I had guessed that when you said that Rise sold half of World, I guessed that it was the total sales of the game worldwide, and not comparing a reprint of a collection that Capcom released a year+ later just as a bonus for people that didn't have the game already, in which the difference is of only 100k for two games that sold 30 million combined worldwide. Because that difference is so stupidly small that trying to make any kind of point on that tiny difference would be completely stupid. Was I wrong?

I dont think MHW could even run on the Switch hardware which makes your point irrelevant whiout making serious compromises to the game, like all the other AAA 3rd party titles that couldn't run on the ancient Switch hardware. So they skip the Switch by default without any moneyheats. But Rise could run on all hardware easily.

MrA

Banned
Probably close sunbreak is already at 2 million
Settle down Boi.

In Japan rise fustigated world, this expansion packs physical release is pointless if you already own the base game, where as iceborne had an ice borne on disc this pack is base and a dlc code, plus there are far more copies of rise out there in Japan then there were of world

Mr Moose

About that...why is Switch Lite in 3rd place if it sold less than PS5? 🤔
Gematsu being weird, they don't even use the same order as their source.
ハード推定販売台数

Switch/28063台(累計1844万6910台)
Switch Lite/12429台(累計478万3517台)
Nintendo Switch(有機ELモデル)/43789台(累計197万1212台)
PS5/20028台(累計147万9080台)
PS5 デジタル・エディション/4333台(累計24万8465台)
Xbox Series X/9756台(累計12万3620台)
Xbox Series S/2774台(累計13万6884台)
PS4/15台(累計781万9733台)
Newニンテンドー2DS LL/214台(累計118万7413台)

Top Bottom