• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1761 (Saints Row gets an interesting score)

Bullet Club

• Saints Row (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One) – 9/8/10/9 [36/40]
  • Alice Gear Aegis CS: Concerto of Simulatrix (PS5, PS4, Switch) – 7/7/7/6 [27/40]
    ・The fully voiced story is nice, but there are not many stage variations
    ・When viewed on a large screen, the texture looks a little flat
    ・The customization is overwhelming
    ・Overall the explanation is great It's easy to grasp and it will take time to understand.
    ・The feeling of operation that does not accept button inputs during the previous action is sober and stressful.
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
    ・Easy controls and exhilarating battles can be enjoyed
    ・Sortie members tend to be fixed to some extent
    ・Because it is a meta-oriented perspective, it may require more excitement and ingenuity than G-Gene to immerse yourself
    ・It is difficult
  • Way of the Hunter (PS5, Xbox Series) – 8/8/8/6 [30/40]

Hmmm, 36/40 for Saints Row. I wonder how it got that score...

f5jo1d5.gif

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Imagine thinking Famitsu or any critic score matters lmao. Wish we stopped making topics or giving these sites attention but gamers will be gamers.

SeraphJan

I knew SD Gundam Battle Alliance is going to score way better in Japan, most western reviewers just don't understand Gundam

This just shows how subjective the phrase "good games" are

While Ghost of Tsushima is criticized in the west for being Ubisoft like, receive an 80ish score solely for that. In Japan however it was regarded a perfect game with a 40/40. I Remember back when GoT released, most Japanese Streamers were jaw dropped by the presentation of the game.

Last edited:
I don't subscribe to the "gaming sites and journalists are paid for reviews". But, Famitsu is an exception. It's been blatantly obvious for years that's what happens.

Some all-time terrible games got very good reviews from Famitsu.

And I have to laugh at anyone trying to pretend, in any world, this Saints Row deserved a 10.

Last edited:
Well. Woke games sells with gen Z. What makes this sad is if more games goes this path, especially GTA VI.
I think the flaw in that logic is the suggestion that the game wouldn't have sold if it wasn't woke. If something doesn't happen, it's only guesswork if it would have led to better or worse sales. That's a two way street, though.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
The way you’re feeling right now? That’s the same feeling non-Otaku Japanese gamers feel when they see westerners getting into games like Xenoblade 2 and Tales of Arise.

Saber

Gold Member
From the same ones who gave a perfect scores for Sonic Forces and even an award for game of year for it.

Last edited:

radewagon

Saints Row gets an interesting a good score.

It's only interesting (see: assuming bribery right off the bat LOL) if you think that people can't have differing opinions on the quality of a product and that, furthermore, those opinions can't vary greatly depending on the cultural lens through which one creates said opinions.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Saints Row gets an interesting a good score.

It's only interesting (see: assuming bribery right off the bat LOL) if you think that people can't have differing opinions on the quality of a product and that, furthermore, those opinions can't vary greatly depending on the cultural lens through which one creates said opinions.
Dude no, the game's shit not matter how you look at it.

And if someone says it deserves the score their opinion isn't worth a damn and should start looking at getting a job they are actually competent at.

Justin9mm

Games are subjective. I get everyone has different tastes and opinions and all that. But if you honestly think this is a good game then you have no fucking clue about games or gaming. The game is bad on every level. Nothing is good about this game, not the story, not the gameplay, not the graphics, not the performance.. it's all bad!

The only good thing about this game is that it has shown me which reviewers are full of shit and to avoid in future.

TexMex

You guys can stop with the “games are subjective” rebuttal to this. This is clearly a case where it isn’t an opinion on what someone finds fun and someone else doesn’t. The game is - objectively - broken. That’s not a matter of opinion. It would be like someone giving Cyberpunk a perfect score when it came out.

Top Bottom