• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores Issue 1714 (eFootball ??/40! Metroid Dread)

Bullet Club

Here are this week's Famitsu review scores:
  • eFootball 2022 (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One) – 9/8/9/8 [34/40]
  • Metroid Dread (Switch) – 9/8/9/8 [34/40]
  • Earth Defense Force 2017 for Nintendo Switch (Switch) – 6/7/8/9 [30/40]
  • The Idolmaster: Starlit Season (PS4) – 9/9/9/10 [37/40]
  • Monark (PS5, PS4, Switch) – 8/7/8/7 [30/40]
So eFootball is as good as Metroid Dread according to Famitsu. Hmmm...

blink-182 wtf GIF

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Cool, glad to read they like the new Metroid.

That Monark score is kinda bummer, I was specting more from the original SMT devs.

GHG

Gold Member
Did they get a special version of efootball from Konami or something? They have to be joking with that score.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Here are this week's Famitsu review scores:
  • eFootball 2022 (PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One) – 9/8/9/8 [34/40]
  • Metroid Dread (Switch) – 9/8/9/8 [34/40]
  • Earth Defense Force 2017 for Nintendo Switch (Switch) – 6/7/8/9 [30/40]
  • The Idolmaster: Starlit Season (PS4) – 9/9/9/10 [37/40]
  • Monark (PS5, PS4, Switch) – 8/7/8/7 [30/40]
So eFootball is as good as Metroid Dread according to Famitsu. Hmmm...
Neither are as good as Nintendogs however.

I still like it a lot because they have multiple reviewers. Remember when magazines used to do that all the time? Those were the days.
I do. If you go back over those reviews today (which IGN's GameScoop podcast often does), it becomes very apparent most of those reviewers often spent less than an hour actually playing the games they were scoring.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Famitsu scores are 100% worthless.

- Almost all bigger name games get great scores
- The games that get bottom of the barrel marks like 5s and 6s are small budget games
- The marks are all rigged as what they do is not even post review scores of each person (assuming there is even 4 people). There's articles on google I remember where some reviewers do their own work, but then for the scores they have a consensus meeting to smooth out scores. I think it was even Famitsu reps themselves who said this
- That's why almost all games have similar scores like 7/7/8/8. It's pretty rare to have games with wide score gaps like 4/6/8/9. It does happen (EDF review above), but rare

StormCell

Yeah, Famitsu is not very useful. In fact, scores under 36 are generally unfavorable. Seeing Metroid Dread get a 34/40 ought to be worrisome, but whatever. It's all kind of a lost cause over there in terms of games that are rehashes or more action-oriented. The scene over there is just a lot different now.

I still like it a lot because they have multiple reviewers. Remember when magazines used to do that all the time? Those were the days.

Yeah, and I remember when game review could be 1-2 well-written paragraphs that told you all you needed to know. Nowadays, we're given an essay on each aspect of the game's quality. That's probably why I stopped reading them. I really only want to know if the game is fun, if it runs well on the hardware I have, and then maybe tell me something special about the game. I don't need a separate audio score.

Maybe they were having a blast looking at those weird faces and whatever glitch that game has... I mean you have to admit that Messi ( or whatever creature they put there) was kind of funny.

Top Bottom