• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1648 (Paper Mario: The Origami King)

Bullet Club

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1648

Paper Mario: The Origami King and more scored.

XghzARu.jpg

This week’s Famitsu review scores are in.
  • Blair Witch (PS4, Switch) – 8/7/8/7 [30/40]
  • Indivisible (PS4, Switch) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
  • Paper Mario: The Origami King (Switch) – 9/9/9/9 [36/40]
  • Pushy and Pully in Blockland (PS4, Switch) – 7/8/7/7 [29/40]
  • Rigid Force Redux (Switch) – 7/7/7/8 [29/40]
  • Sword Art Online: Alicization Lycoris (PS4, Xbox One) – 8/8/8/8 [32/40]
Source: Gematsu

Exede

This games release is next week! Thought Origami King is a holiday title. Now i'm curious what N has in store for the holidays. Any ideas?

Tangerine

I have the game preordered and looking forward to it. But the Famitsu score alone doesn't mean much to me when:

Previously, Famitsu gave Color Splash (Wii U) a score of 35/40 and 3DS’s Sticker Star 36/40.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Blair witch 30/40 ? That's very high considering the game is terrible...

Yeah that was a bit of a let down. Oddly though the games quite decent looking, and has a brilliant visual style for what it is (a lower budget game). But gameplay wise it was a bit... Off. Famitsu usually are very critical of games, so the high score is surprising. Though the market there is a lot bigger for horror titles, so that may be something.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I have the game preordered and looking forward to it. But the Famitsu score alone doesn't mean much to me when:

Previously, Famitsu gave Color Splash (Wii U) a score of 35/40 and 3DS’s Sticker Star 36/40.
Very fair scores for both games, although I’d invert them because Color Splash is clearly the better game.

Sticker Star is one of the most unjustly underrated games of the decade.

Codes 208

Please be better than the last two paper mario games (barring M&L: paper jam, that one was atleast a competent rpg)

Top Bottom