• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu interviews Japanese creators on 2021 ambitions

Woopah

As they do every year, Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has interviewed a range of different developers on their plans for the next 12 months. I've put some of the interesting ones here and there's more at the link below.

Acquire - Takuma Endou

Keywords for 2021: “Re-challenge self-publishing.”

What’s New: “I can’t say anything yet because it’s an unannounced title, but please allow me to introduce our new title in the January 7 issue of Famitsu. Gladiux is also behind schedule, but we’re working hard to muscle our way through development.

Atlus - Kazuhisa Wada

Keywords for 2021: “Carrying out my original intentions.”

What’s New: “My project has been steadily in the works. Thanks to everyone, the Persona series will celebrate its 25th anniversary! We have exciting plans in the works, so please look forward to it.”

Koei Tecmo - Keisuke Kikuchi

Keywords for 2021: “Rebuild.”

Ambitions for 2021: “2020 was a year where things that were normal were no longer normal. I’d like to look at what’s important and what I love once more, and create a game with a fresh perspective. 2021 is also the 20th anniversary of the Fatal Frame series, so I’d like to celebrate it in some way if possible.”

What’s New: “We’re working hard to announce some titles by spring. We’re developing a wide range of titles, from those currently under adjustment to those with pending names.”

Sqaure Enix - Noriyoshi Fujimoto

Keywords for 2021: “Changelessness.”

Ambitions for 2021: “Dragon Quest will celebrate its 35th anniversary, so I hope to be able to announce something.”

PlatinumGames - Hideki Kamiya

Keywords for 2021: “Do my best.”

What’s New: “First off, many people are worried about Bayonetta 3 considering there hasn’t been any new information since its announcement, but verifications of new systems have been going great and development is going very well, so please wait with peace of mind. (This is a copy of my 2020 comment.) Also Project G.G. (title tentative) has finally started moving, so please look forward to it.”

Ys Net - Yu Suzuki

Keywords for 2021: “Shooting / RPG.”

Ambitions for 2021: “1) Reflect on head-to-head battles. 2) Sequel…”

Source: Gematsu

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Shinjirou Takata

Keywords for 2021: “Think outside the box.”

What’s New: “So about Shin Megami Tensei V… we’re working hard on development to make it an even better product. You’ll be waiting a little while longer, but please look forward to it.”
Mother****
200.gif

Fredrik

Koei Tecmo seems busy. I hope we’ll see some DOA7 footage next year. DOA6 was a good game made worse by greed, hopefully they’re returning to the series roots and let us unlock stuff with reasonable grinding this time.

Last edited:
A little while longer uh?

Ive-got-persona-4-as-my-introduction-but-really-fell-645dd99fd7bcc45400819add56d122f6.jpg

On the bright side... Looking forward to the Persona anniversary. Maybe they remake some Persona game like they did with SMT Strange Journey.
L O L this is Atlus, never trust what they say about release dates, especially anything that's not on a 240p handheld.

"Persona 5 was first announced with a teaser trailer in 2013, alongside spin-off games Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth, Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and the PlayStation 3 port of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax.[63] The game was originally announced for a late 2014 release exclusively for the PlayStation 3. During a Sony press conference in September 2014, it was announced that the game would also be released for the PlayStation 4, also announcing that it had been delayed into 2015. According to director Katsura Hashino, the game was delayed to fully develop for the PlayStation 4, and improve the general quality of the game for both versions.[64] The game's first gameplay trailer was revealed during a special livestream on February 5, 2015. A Blu-ray Disc containing an exclusive trailer for the game was bundled with first print copies of Persona 4: Dancing All Night in Japan on June 25, 2015.[65] The song used in the first gameplay trailer was an instrumental version of the main theme.[58] During a special livestream for the game at the 2015 Tokyo Game Show, it was announced that the game would be delayed once again to late 2016.[66] Speaking in a staff interview, Hashino apologized for the delay and stated that it was necessary to deliver a high-quality product without having to hold back in terms of content.[67] In April 2016, Atlus launched an official countdown relating to the game that counted down to May 5, 2016. Shortly after, a special livestream was announced titled Take Tokyo Tower, which would coincide with the countdown date. During the Take Tokyo Tower livestream on that day, the release date for the game was revealed in a trailer shown during the livestream. The game was released in Japan on September 15, 2016.[68]"

Last edited:

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Atlus - Kazuhisa Wada

What’s New: “My project has been steadily in the works. Thanks to everyone, the Persona series will celebrate its 25th anniversary! We have exciting plans in the works, so please look forward to it.”
New Persona game incoming.

GeorgPrime

Banned
As they do every year, Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu has interviewed a range of different developers on their plans for the next 12 months. I've put some of the interesting ones here and there's more at the link below.

Acquire - Takuma Endou

Keywords for 2021: “Re-challenge self-publishing.”

What’s New: “I can’t say anything yet because it’s an unannounced title, but please allow me to introduce our new title in the January 7 issue of Famitsu. Gladiux is also behind schedule, but we’re working hard to muscle our way through development.

Atlus - Kazuhisa Wada

Koei Tecmo - Keisuke Kikuchi

Keywords for 2021: “Rebuild.”

Ambitions for 2021: “2020 was a year where things that were normal were no longer normal. I’d like to look at what’s important and what I love once more, and create a game with a fresh perspective. 2021 is also the 20th anniversary of the Fatal Frame series, so I’d like to celebrate it in some way if possible.”

What’s New: “We’re working hard to announce some titles by spring. We’re developing a wide range of titles, from those currently under adjustment to those with pending names.”

Sqaure Enix - Noriyoshi Fujimoto

Keywords for 2021: “Changelessness.”

Ambitions for 2021: “Dragon Quest will celebrate its 35th anniversary, so I hope to be able to announce something.”

What’s New: “First off, many people are worried about Bayonetta 3 considering there hasn’t been any new information since its announcement, but verifications of new systems have been going great and development is going very well, so please wait with peace of mind. (This is a copy of my 2020 comment.) Also Project G.G. (title tentative) has finally started moving, so please look forward to it.”

Ys Net - Yu Suzuki

Keywords for 2021: “Shooting / RPG.”

Ambitions for 2021: “1) Reflect on head-to-head battles. 2) Sequel…”

Source: Gematsu

lol @ Square Enix.

Changelessness.

Royal-Slime

Banned
Koei Tecmo seems busy. I hope we’ll see some DOA7 footage next year. DOA6 was a good game made worse by greed, hopefully they’re returning to the series roots and let us unlock stuff with reasonable grinding this time.
Oh look, another "businessman" who doesn't know how game development works :D DLC are here to stay, whether you like it or not, nobody asks you.

Fredrik

Oh look, another "businessman" who doesn't know how game development works :D DLC are here to stay, whether you like it or not, nobody asks you.
How much have you played it?
The extreme grinding is the big problem. You don’t unlock a costume each time you play through arcade mode like in previous games, you do it by playing through it over and over and over and over again to essentially earn parts of a costume, which makes it a time sink like few other games. And this is after they’ve patched it to make the process faster, previously it was pure insanity.
And I’m sure there will be DLC too but it’s extremely over priced now, even if you just buy the season passes it’s like buying a couple of games.

Royal-Slime

Banned
"
Hajime Tabata

“The effects of the novel coronavirus have significantly altered our lans. I think it’s more powerful than before. 4Gamer readers, please wait until 2022.”"

There is justice in this world, after all. Burn in development hell, Tabata-kun ^____^
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mhmmm 2077

what abot fucking Babylon's Fall? don't tell me it's dead, it's been over a year of silence...

Last edited:

SantaC

Too bad the Japanese industry suffered harder then the western. I rather have quality titles from Japan then Ubisoft releasing their usual junk.

Astral Dog

Not only Bayonetta 3 is MIA, but other Nintendo games as well, still no updates on Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid V or Metroid Prime 4.just apologies and 'get hyped'messages

I believe those games will eventually come, but Nintendo clearly is struggling adapting to covid/ HD development, not all teams of course.

Woopah

Not only Bayonetta 3 is MIA, but other Nintendo games as well, still no updates on Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid V or Metroid Prime 4.just apologies and 'get hyped'messages

I believe those games will eventually come, but Nintendo clearly is struggling adapting to covid/ HD development, not all teams of course.
Nintendo does not strike me as a company that would adapt well to working from home. It looks like Splatoon 3 and probably BOTW 2 have slipped to next year, and possibly more as well.

Top Bottom