• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 worth it today?

Riven326

Banned
It's on sale for $16 on PSN. For those that play it or have played it recently, what do you think? I'm a big Fallout fan, but I stayed away from 76... For obvious reasons.

When it hit Game Pass I tried it and....well, I lasted less than an hour.

Probably user-error, as it played like shit on my good PC, but still. Just felt like a janky mess.

YMMV, just my own experience.

The addition of walking, talking NPC's has done wonders for the game & overall questing and story progression, however the biggest appeal for me has always been the world itself. The environmental storytelling through props, holotapes, terminals (and now NPC's of course) has been great from the start.

I bought the game for full price, and while the launch was rather rocky, I've always enjoyed returning to this game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Personally I think the game is pretty decent these days, just from a single-player perspective. From a value standpoint, you're probably better off buying the Fallout 4 GOTY edition, but if you're like me and you've played that to death then this is a good alternative.

The Wastelanders update added an actual story, and the recent Dawn of Steel (both free updates) expanded on that quite a bit. There seems to be no shortage of things to do in the game, and so far I've had a steady stream of constantly better gear and leveling up etc to do so I can survive more in increasingly dangerous areas. The music is fantastic, and starting with the Wastelanders update they actually added a great DJ into the mix.

If you're a Fallout fan, there are worse ways you could spend $16.

Neil Young

It's good. If you liked the exploration of 3 and 4, you'll like this. The Waste landers content has some cool stories and the construction is a nice distraction.

Top Bottom