• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 will add Brotherhood of Steel, new seasonal rewards, new content roadmap

abcdrstuv

Banned
They could bring back "settlements" by using something like a community garden structure - each player gets a "plot" and can maybe specialize in one thing - sanitation, cooking, whatever - that gives a perk to them and anyone else who visits their sub-CAMP (cooking without wood/fuel, real toilet/bed providing perks, better refrigeration etc.)

Tranquil

Just played through the main quest and wastlanders 2 weeks ago. If you ignore everyone you see which isn't too many people, the game can almost play like a single player fallout game. I enjoyed it, not as good as Fallout 3/NV/4 but it's not horrible or anything.

VertigoOA

Banned
First part of Brotherhood of Steel quest goes live in December.

Saw some impressions from juicehead. Said it was more of the same faction stuff from wastelanders but this time just adding the brotherhood. Narrative will be rolled out over time and into 2021.

Steel Dawn is the first chapter in the new Brotherhood of Steel questline, free for Fallout 76 players. Paladin Leila Rahmani and her troops have arrived from California to establish a new Appalachian chapter. Work with or against the other Factions to achieve success. Visit settlements populated with new NPCs and unlock powerful weapons and armor from the Brotherhood arsenal. Join in their mission to rebuild society and aid in securing valuable technology – but only you can determine how it will be used. Coming December 2020

Ad Victoriam! The Brotherhood of Steel is planning to return to Appalachia this December with our Steel Dawn Update for Fallout 76. Led by Paladin Rahmani, this Brotherhood outfit’s objectives currently remain unclear. However, they will certainly be looking to you for a debrief on the current state of Appalachia, and to lend a helping hand with their endeavors. You will learn much more about the Brotherhood as you take on a variety of new quests that are coming with the Steel Dawn update—but that is only the beginning. You will be able to explore the story further in 2021 with even more Brotherhood of Steel quests that we are planning to release with future updates.

Along with the new quests, the Steel Dawn Update will bring new NPCs, new locations, and new gear to the game. It will also add features, like C.A.M.P. Shelters, a host of rewards, including weapons, armor, and C.A.M.P. Plans, the return of the Holiday Scorched Seasonal Event, and a variety of additional gameplay improvements. If you own a PC copy of Fallout 76 through Bethesda.net, you can head to the Public Test Server right now to join us in playtesting and sharing your feedback on everything mentioned above. If you do, be sure to post your thoughts in the PTS forum.

oagboghi2

Played the game since launch - the original Overseer story had its charm. There was a distinct sense of isolation, and every noise meant something nasty was around the corner.

Wastelanders definitely added in a lot of cool stuff, and it's great to see them continue to update and add a huge amount of content for free.

Criminally underrated game, hated predominantly by people that have never actually played it. But that's cool - I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of it anyway.

Last week I had a day off WFH, and spent 10 hours straight, rebuilding my CAMP to be a useful place for low level people to stock up, and rolling for a bunch of awesome legendary weapons.

Beautiful game, too.
Famous last words of every awful game.

There is always one defender. No matter how bad it is

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
How is the game now? I've always been a Fallout fan but when this launched it got shit on so hard I just never had the interest.

Would it be fun to pick-up now for a new player? Is there lots of fun solo content?

Romulus

How is the game now? I've always been a Fallout fan but when this launched it got shit on so hard I just never had the interest.

Would it be fun to pick-up now for a new player? Is there lots of fun solo content?

It's not that bad after all the updates. Worth it on the cheap.

SCB3

Not bad, wastelanders ironed out alot of the links imo to make it a decent 8/10 game

I look forward to the BoS returning

PhoenixTank

Better than it used to be, but far from the potential it had.
Free to play until the 26th, which is probably the best way to find out if you'll enjoy the main content. It gets pretty hollow once you're down to messing about grinding bullion & scrip, sadly.

Been watching this game since launch. Seems like the game released about 2 years early, what with all the extras finally added. Two questions:

Is it worth a buy in the current state?

Can it be played co-op style with another player?

Everything this is bumped I check for news of a single-player release. I feel like the living embodiment of the GIF of that guy checking the refrigerator and being disappointed.

Top Bottom