• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 76 Players Are Protesting Fallout 1st In-Game.

Doczu

Yeah, great way to split an userbase of a slowly dying game into whales and the rest 🤷🏻‍♂️
And fuck me with a stick if this isn't a precedent for other developers, publishers and games. If this catches on (and it will thanks to some fucking no life loosers than love to be facially abused by the big boys) we will see other games tainted with these shitty subscription models.
You don't need to be some Sterling to know the usual suspects are monitoring if this scheme is shitty enough to add it to their games...

Kacho

Hope they keep the pressure up. We already have prominent Bethesda YouTubers pushing back against this like MrMattyPlays.

zeorhymer

That's pretty stupid. Protesting is one thing, but actively targeting people who just want to play is scum tier.

I'm going to be honest, if Bethesda would have done something like this for Skyrim or Fallout 3 (when they were released), I would have bought it without question. A constant drip-feed of content for a game I really enjoy? That sounds like a great deal! I don't like Fallout 76, and I'm never going to play it again, but I understand why people subscribed to Fallout 1st. There are people out there that actually enjoy the game. For them, it's not really a bad proposition. They get more content for a game they like.

I see the other side of the coin as well. I can't imagine what it must be like to play a game like Fallout 76, that's ostensibly built around a base assumption of fairness, only to have that all fairness and balance stripped away because some players want to pay more money for the game. It must be incredibly frustrating for players who like the game as it was, to see it change for other players.

Actually, I know exactly how that feels. I liked single-player Fallout games, and now the only Fallout for the next decade is Fallout 76. Hah! We're all doomed.

Stuart360

I dont know whats more funny, the fact that Fallout 1st players are getting griefed (very nice), or that buffoons Bethesda couldnt even see the potential backlash and instead put a 1st icon on 1st subscibers so everyone knows lol.

manfestival

This reminds me of all of those people back in the day that were protesting COD MW2 by buying and playing the game.

Reactions: Fuz

NickFire

I'm still a bit shocked that they added the subscription without making it F2P first or simultaneously, and before launching NPC's. They might as well just rename the game to Fallout: Bleed the suckers dry.

That fat bloke was right
kttcoliohhh

mcz117chief

Yes and no.
Vethesda doesn't give a fuck because you already paid for the game and wouldn't pay for the subscription. It's the wales Bethesda wants
Still, if there are no people playing then there is no content to interact with aside from enemies, which will sour the game for everyone, even the whales.

SweetShark

I never played a Fallout game and this whole shitfest makes me to maybe play Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics.
I already got them for free in a Greek magazine WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY back.

Max_Po

Banned
protesting by playing the game... I mean cute but they are still playing that turd...

Bethesda ... 1 ... players 0

#Phonepunk#

Banned
LOL this is amazing.

buying a product in order to protest the product.

protesting a company by buying their product. amazing.

this is why it is so funny whenever i see the phrase Late Capitalism i'm like, no way, capitalism is super strong rn, we have this type of stuff going on. we have passed ironic consumption and now are at some post ironic genuine love where people now find deep meaning through consuming and the performance of consuming.

in the end, they get your money, and you still promote the game. it's hilarious.

TacosNSalsa

This seems like a "Dont care , had sex" kinda moment for Bethesda. I dont think they care what you do in the game once you log in .lol that video already looks like more fun that I had with the game during launch,

Yumi

I feel like Bethesdas reputation is irreversible at this point. The only way Fallout 76 coukd have worked is if they did what square enix did with FF14 with reborn.

That or just left the damn thing alone after launch cause they had an active user base who just liked playing in their world cause it was wonky. They more they try to fjx it the worse it gets.

Petrae

Whatever happened to breaking the disc in half or filming the screen as you uninstall the shitty game in disgust? Papa Bethesda and Little Todd care not about lame in-game protests.

Now... class warfare between the Firsts and Not-Firsts is something I can get behind. As the meme says... LET THEM FIGHT.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Whatever happened to breaking the disc in half or filming the screen as you uninstall the shitty game in disgust? Papa Bethesda and Little Todd care not about lame in-game protests.

Now... class warfare between the Firsts and Not-Firsts is something I can get behind. As the meme says... LET THEM FIGHT.
Because some gamers can't help but keep playing it.

"This game sucks. Microtrans, pay to win, buggy"

"How long did you play the game?"

"I'm at about 80 hours"

"If the game sucks, why keep playing it?"

"Duhhhhhhh"

manfestival

Because some gamers can't help but keep playing it.

"This game sucks. Microtrans, pay to win, buggy"

"How long did you play the game?"

"I'm at about 80 hours"

"If the game sucks, why keep playing it?"

"Duhhhhhhh"
That is only part of it. I am sure many of these people do not feel that the game actually sucks. They will say a game sucks to avoid persecution(in their eyes) over being THAT person that actually likes or defends the game. Just a way to avoid the conflict and it ends up with a weird situation if they are being dishonest.

This game is such a tire fire. I got it free, played it at launch, laughed my ass off at what a soulless shell the corporate lizards at Bethesda created and how they took a shit on the Fallout legacy. Havent played it since. I've been thinking I'd wait until they worked out the kinks and added some actual SP content and NPCs and maybe give it a second chance. Instead, Bethesda reaches into gamer pockets yet again before actually completing any semblance of a functional SP game. I don't think I'm ever actually going to play this piece of shit.

Top Bottom