• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout |OT| Party Royale (free on PS+ for August)

GeorgPrime

Banned
SH2Eire.png

Whitecrow

Banned
Well, not that I want to defend TLOU2 but those 1.8 billions cant be from PS4 'sales' since it was free on PS+.
Also, the budget for TLOU2 makes making profit a lot harder.
And FallGuys had the 'luck' of scratching an itch noone knew they have, just like Minecraft.

Anyways, take that ND! HAHAHAHAH

cormack12

Gold Member
Well, not that I want to defend TLOU2 but those 1.8 billions cant be from PS4 'sales' since it was free on PS+.
And FallGuys had the 'luck' of scratching an itch noone knew they have, just like Minecraft.

Sony have to 'pay' to have it on PS+ per copy. It's not 'great' but is somewhat worth it last time the discussion came up. I imagine if it retailed at £15.99 then Sony may agree to purchase each copy redeemed at 75% discount or something

GeorgPrime

Banned

You can buy 5 Dollar Costume Package and a 10 Dollar Starter Package with Kudos, Customes and other stuff. I guess thats why its so high. So many people buying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

TwiztidElf

I don't like TLOU2 and I do like FallGuys, but seriously, comparing the latest shallow flavor of the month flash in the pan, against a real game?
Ten years from now, people will remember TLOU2 for whatever reason.

“Island of cheaters”: why the developers of Fall Guys abandoned their own anti-cheat

Lv 40 and now I just sign in time to time to check what’s in the shop. Do my crowns and kudos carry over to next season or do I need to spend them all before?

bitbydeath

I just got four golds in a row and then was given Hex-a-gone as the final round. :messenger_sad_relieved:

Lv 40 and now I just sign in time to time to check what’s in the shop. Do my crowns and kudos carry over to next season or do I need to spend them all before?

Don’t see why they wouldn’t carry over.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Pretty disappointed with Season 2. There just isn't enough in there to keep me playing. Seems to be taking much longer to find a game now too.

Hestar69

Pretty disappointed with Season 2. There just isn't enough in there to keep me playing. Seems to be taking much longer to find a game now too.
Sadly that's how I feel. The hype died for me a few week after the game came out. Haven't played it in a month,played as few games and was bored.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
Sadly that's how I feel. The hype died for me a few week after the game came out. Haven't played it in a month,played as few games and was bored.
There just isn't enough new maps in season 2 to keep the game interesting. I don't really play anymore. My son might have 3-4 games once every few days but that's the extent of it now.

Hestar69

There just isn't enough new maps in season 2 to keep the game interesting. I don't really play anymore. My son might have 3-4 games once every few days but that's the extent of it now.
Yeah sadly none of my friends have even tried season two and all stopped playing. Playing solo isnt fun sadly (atleast for me)

kunonabi

Tried season 2 and eh. Slime Climb sucks now because everybody just stands on the yellow balance beams to stop people from crossing. The new version of the seesaw is awful too. The medieval obstacle course is cool if a bit too easy.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I haven't bought a single legendary yet because I don't give a fuck about any of the games they promote. Sonic skin looks cool but I don't like Sonic.

S2 has ironed out A LOT of the issues on PS4 and in general on base PS4 it runs better. I'm level 15 on the season pass and got 3 Ws so far from this season.

waylo

Banned
So like, are there new maps? My friend and I played for around an hour the other night and didn't see a single new map/game.

kunonabi

So like, are there new maps? My friend and I played for around an hour the other night and didn't see a single new map/game.

I ran into two new games and a couple variations on old ones in the handful of matches I played today. one where you push blocks to climb over walls and another obstacle course.

bitbydeath

There’s a few new levels.

Knight Fever - New Race
Wall Guys - New Race
Hoopsie Legends - Survival version of Hoopsie Daisey
Egg Siege - New version of Egg Scramble... i hate it

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Wall Guys is the scrub stomper and Hoopsie Legends is so funny, like seven people DESPERATE to grab one gold hoop while you snatch all the regular ones.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
The game crashes everytime after the new update . . . what happened there ?. I contacted FallGuys via Twitter but damn no one gives a shit there

Banned
How good is fall guys? Its on sale in the PS store is it worth buying?

me and 3 friends played it for 2 weeks and then it got really boring really fast.
also beware that the base PS4 version doesn't run that well. they have unlocked the framerate at some point (before it was locked at 30fps) and the friends of mine who played on it said it didn't control very well, the game doesn't control very well in general, part of it is by design... but the lower the framerate the worse it gets.

it was a fun PS+ freebie but I don't know if I could recommend it for more than 10€ ($10)

bitbydeath

How good is fall guys? Its on sale in the PS store is it worth buying?
Depends if you enjoy the sort of game or not. It does offer great value with the season passes being free and it also receives a lot of updates in between too.

For example season 3 released before Xmas and contained 7 new levels. They tend to release new seasons every two months.

There’s 36 levels in total right now and each have multiple variations, there are tons of skins but typically when a new really good one releases such as the guy from Doom most switch to that.

But it really comes down to if you enjoy this sort of game.

Top Bottom