• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout |OT| Party Royale (free on PS+ for August)

GHG

Gold Member
To the guys playing on PC, how rampant is the hacking?

Not sure whether to grab this on PC or just renew my PS Plus sub for a few months to play this.

cormack12

Gold Member

Not sure whether to grab this on PC or just renew my PS Plus sub for a few months to play this.

If you check the discord the pc-questions channel is quite busy. ANti cheat was deplyed but isn't working apparently and at 11:13 today someone basically said 'too many hackers'. It also has issues with ds4Windows if you use it. Most common seem to be the flying bug or 'speeding' - if they speed subtetly you won't notice and they'll be like 5% faster than you on everything.

Reactions: GHG

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Picked this up yesterday after watching Dr Disrespect. Got 2nd this morning. I'm enjoying it. I hope new maps are coming with each season.

Xanine

Neo Member
Got the Jump Showdown once as a final. Ended up with only me and another person left. While the poles do move faster, since the two of us were on the same remaining platform, it took a while for it to finish. I suppose one person has to the risk and mess with the other player?

I mean it is fun, but I hope that it's not going to be the case where the match takes a long time between 2 people if I get it again.

Last edited:

led4lyfe

Got the Jump Showdown once as a final. Ended up with only me and another person left. While the poles do move faster, since the two of us were on the same remaining platform, it took a while for it to finish. I suppose one person has to the risk and mess with the other player?

I mean it is fun, but I hope that it's not going to be the case where the match takes a long time between 2 people if I get it again.

I had it as a final this morning and it went by pretty quick. I ended up getting eliminated early as I wasn’t paying attention to the camera angle and didn’t see the low pole directly underneath the higher pole. Saw on camera the winner just held the other remaining player so they were hit by the rotating pole and rolled off platform.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Got my first win today. Was coming in second several times so it feel good to finally win. Granted I've only been playing since yesterday.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Some good design ideas on Twitter.

EfO7OnkXkAEldq4

EfR3duJU4AAYR8U

Last edited:

Bwesh

Almost all my games have hackers. I'm playing in SEA and on PC. Most of the hacks are jump hacks and it doesn't seem to be fully controllable. They sometimes fly all the way out of the map.

cormack12

Gold Member
This game will have legs, they have so many places they can monetize it not explored, especially with affiliate deals. The levels aren;t exactly complex to stand up in UE so content can be rolled out through beta programmes easily. I'm made up for the studio, stories ans breakouts like this are great.

Holammer

By a rough estimate the game should be close to reaching or already exceeded 3M sales on Steam (amount of user reviews multiplied by x50), it's a decent rule of thumb.
Don't think we've seen a game take off and sell like this since PUBG.

This. I played local Halo DM with some students, and got frustrated as hell that they didn't use inverted-Y. I started off with flight simulators, and Quake/Duke Nukem. Me and my friends all played with inverted-Y, so we never had any problems swapping controllers in games like Goldeneye or Turok. I literally never knew anyone who didn't use inverted-Y. We used inverted-Y on controllers and mouse+keyboard. It was never even a question. I wonder if it's a generational thing. I feel like most young kids don't use inverted-Y.

Totally generational. Inverted-Y disappeared in the 2000s (with Halo?) as FPS controls converged to the standard we know today. Honestly at this point it's easier just to unlearn it. I did!

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

I‘ve had a few games with real blatant hackers zooming around. I did read though that smarter people are just increasing speed like 20% so harder to tell.

Can't believe I got the 5 wins back to back (Infallible?) trophy.
But somehow I believe that this game will soon die, although slowly but still. We need a lot more maps, faster.

Davey Cakes

Played a few matches on Thursday. Farthest I got was the second to last round. Need to get used to the physics of jumping and moving, as it's really easy to get tripped up.

Fun, but rage-inducing almost instantly. I'm surprised some people are able to rack up multiple wins so quickly.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
PC hackers infiltrating a game like Fall Guys. lol

Here's hoping this comes as a GP game down the line. Looks fun. Not sure how much lasting appeal it would have over an afternoon. Watching some videos, some levels look hilariously fun. Some look dry and go on too long.

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
I kept getting disconnected when I end the session so I lose all points. This is starting to get annoying.

Happened to me one day. Got disconnected 10 times in a row. You don't loose the points, they add up the next time you sign in. I know because on that session I wanted to jump from level 13 to level 17 and I did.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Happened to me one day. Got disconnected 10 times in a row. You don't loose the points, they add up the next time you sign in. I know because on that session I wanted to jump from level 13 to level 17 and I did.

When do they add back in? I've played several games with no increase.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
PC or PS4? On PS4 when you get disconnected it appears a message saying you can claim your points the next time yo sign in, I turned off the game and went back in and it worked.

PC here. Same error message. I will see if my exp increases when I log back in.

I figured it would have totaled when I got into the next game. Very strange, as I had no connection issues until yesterday. Maybe a server load issue.

Edit: logged in and it went up. Not sure if it was for all games or not.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Last night on the final level me and three of my boys were against one dude and me and my other friend grabbed the random and got knocked off the stage so my other friend could win. It was down right bang on but he wanted that W.

It was on Jump Showdown btw, it was actually savage imagine thinking you have a chance then two randoms just grab you and suicide the game.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Starting to tire of the game, feels like I got routes and strats for all the courses, winning largely depends if cheaters are around or your place at start.

Game need a better reason to keep going then the pass and the small selection of stuff in the store.

Fbh

Finally got to play this.

I don't know, I had fun with it but IMO it gets old after a couple of hours. I'd be surprised if it was still a thing in six months.

But maybe it's just not for me, lots of people seem to be enjoying it. Maybe if they can keep releasing new minigames at a steady pace it will stick around.

_Justinian_

Gold Member

I have both versions. Haven't really noticed much hacking on the PC version. PC tends to be much more competitive in my opinion.

Reactions: GHG

kunonabi

Best I got was 3 in a row before the game started throwing fall ball into every set for like an hour. Not to going to bother with it. I'll end up with every trophy aside from that and the squad one.

bender

What time is it?
Got a win in my 4th match. It's an interesting concept but any of the games using R2 (hex, tail, egg) are kind of awful.

Another win. I kind of hate this game and love it at the same time. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom