• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout |OT| Party Royale (free on PS+ for August)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Got my first win yesterday by having a clean run on the Crown Run level. Later on after that made it to the same stage again and immediately got grabbed at the start (was in the first row) so i immediately got put into 5th or 6th :messenger_loudly_crying:

Slime Climb is great. So many people rush and it always knocks out a ton.

There is a lot of fun to be had with this game, everyone with PS+ should try it. It's great to dip in and out of especially in between more po-faced games. I can see me keeping it on my hard drive where most games have a short tenure, just plugging away, going for trophies for some challenge and having fun at the same time.

I think frustrations level design wise will be ironed as time goes on, but you gotta accept your bad luck along with the good.

I almost NEVER play online, I cant stand it, but this I like.

PresetError

Neophyte
Things I've encountered in my last playing sessions with Fall Guys.

- Players using speed, jump and fly hacks
- Players using out of bounds glitches to win stages
- Small groups of players ganging up on other players to eliminate them
- Respawning in the stage after falling with a falling animation or laying on the ground
- Other players respawning in front of you while you are running and bumping you to the floor
- Ping glitches causing other players grabbing your tail or grabbing you period while you see them way out of reach from you

Bryank75

Banned

- Respawning in the stage after falling with a falling animation or laying on the ground
- Other players respawning in front of you while you are running and bumping you to the floor
- Ping glitches causing other players grabbing your tail or grabbing you period while you see them way out of reach from you
On PC?

kunonabi

I haven't run into much cheating or trolling yet but the phantom tail grabs are rampant in my matches.

The game needs to be way more dynamic than it is. The limited movement and focus on physics doesnt make for very exciting matches most of the time. The game needs big hits and some personality.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
One fo the worst games to come out this gen. Life of black tiger is more fun to play than this game.

a93a9c2d85f54e532dda3f8a38fb0d60.jpg

Skullkid94700

Neo Member

Weird. I thought I noticed some of these. Glad to see someone else did too.

Some of these are expected; all big games will have hackers. Some do it just to prove it can be done. Otherwise, this list is all about fine tuning the games mechanics, which will come in time.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Haven't seen any hacking or glitching on PS4 outside of bugs. I see the tail grabbing from really far happen a lot. Some visual bugs too, especially when spectating.

Still missing my inverted Y axis option.

cormack12

Gold Member
Patch notes
First patchnotes
- Lowered the weighting for Royal Fumble to add more final round variation
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Improved messaging for matchmaking and server errors
- Fixed physics behaving erratically at high framerate on levels like Tip Toe
- Fixed crown in Fall Mountain not being grabbable in rare situations
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks
- Fixed Parties sometimes failing due to too many requests
- Addressed some special characters causing display issues in player names
- Fixed Big Tease Achievement not unlocking in specific regions
- PC only - Fixed certain game controller models not being detected on PC

RookX22

I haven't ran into hacking on PS4 yet knock on wood. Hope they have crossplay opt out with PC when that happens, every crossplay game needs that option imo. How do you hack on PS4 anyway?

I don’t get all the fun talk. To me, most of the time, it’s just frustrating but also not that addicting. It’s another battle royale basically.

Enjay

Banned
So how much of this one does tencent own? Horrible bugs, repetitive gameplay, microtransactions, shit stability.

Slaylock

Patch notes
First patchnotes
- Fixed crash at launch with certain regional calendars set in the operating system
- Addressed some collisions in Block Party allowing players to bypass the blocks

Sad to see no "invert Y" fix for PS4

DaGwaphics

Just tried this. I think it is a fun little party game, as long as you don't care if you win or lose. I can see this being very frustrating if you are really looking for those wins. Best I managed was round 4, LOL

I'll try again later.

Hestar69

Oh absolutely, I just couldn't resist, haha.

I've now played it more, and I'm ready to double down on my take of "Fuck slime climb"

That is the worst level in the history of levels.
Ohh yeah it's the worst. You have to get ahead of everyone and make those two jumps or else your screwed. So many times people knock me into the slime as I jump.

tillbot8

Banned
It's a fun little game, but far too limited for long term success, it feels hollow after 15 minutes. But hopefully that will be remedied with updates as it has got great potential for party style play and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Running into a lot of cheaters on pc, surprisingly they still lose a lot lol. Dumb fucks cant even cheat right.

Patch notes
First patchnotes
They need to fuck off the 5 wins trophy. That can burn in hell.

daffyduck

"I die for a living in the movies and TV... But the hardest thing I ever do, is watch my leading lady, kiss some other guy while I'm bandaging my knee..."

Bo_Hazem

Banned
IbNc8OF.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows (Steam)

Free on PS+ for August 2020

BJg0IU5.gif

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains! Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics as you stumble towards greatness. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest to claim the crown!

XJD1YGV.gif

Massive Online Pandemonium: Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with masses of other competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem.

WOzCJTG.gif

Competitive & Cooperative: Shift between competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where the losing team all get eliminated!

fAD92UT.gif

Comically Physical: Watch in delight as your fellow competitors bend, bounce, and bash their way to hilarious, physics-based failure!

mCsP7bu.gif

Delightfully Customizable: Fail in style with everything from fashionable pineapple couture to the latest in bunny hats available to customize your look in Fall Guys.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Gives my Takeshi's Castle vibe.

Bwesh

Having a lot of fun playing solo too. Too bad my steam friends don't have it and I already sold my ps4.

Neolombax

I find it fun, but then I've only played 4 games total. It's not addictive, but it has its charm. Its one of those games I can play with zero stress because I find losing funny...mostly likely because the bulk of the fun in this game for me is when I troll other players haha. I like pulling other people's hands for no reason. It helps that the art style is very cute.

Tesseract

Banned
it seems aight for what it is but i just wanted to take some time to pimp og tfc adventure maps (pioneered the formula)

you ain't lived until you ran through sonic the hedgehog in the goldsrc engine

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
Slime Climb is synonym of death to me. I lost all hope of being able to finish it. It's the only stage in this game I can't beat because jump timing windows in the second level are so narrow it's impossible for me to find a moment where I can avoid being tripped or bumped by another player. And if I manage to pass that hurdle I'm already so late that any other error means rising slime gets me. And even if against all odds I manage to get to the top level some asshole will be waiting to push me to my death in the slippery part of the finish line.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I actually really like Slime Climb more and more. Got a win yesterday when we got Slime Climb as the first run and it took out all but 9 players. Next round was an intense finish on Hex-a-Gone.

I'm pretty consisently making the final round but we need more races like Fall Mountain for the final.

Hex A Gone is stupid random luck bullshit, and the grabbing mechanics are so shitty that I've had my tail grabbed from way too far away on that final game.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Lol first time playing Jump Showdown and already a win. Meanwhile I've lost Fall Mountain finale by a tiny margin 5-6 times already.

Top Bottom