• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout |OT| Party Royale (free on PS+ for August)

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
IbNc8OF.jpg

Platforms: PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows (Steam)

Free on PS+ for August 2020

BJg0IU5.gif

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout flings hordes of contestants together online in a mad dash through round after round of escalating chaos until one victor remains! Battle bizarre obstacles, shove through unruly competitors, and overcome the unbending laws of physics as you stumble towards greatness. Leave your dignity at the door and prepare for hilarious failure in your quest to claim the crown!

XJD1YGV.gif

Massive Online Pandemonium: Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with masses of other competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem.

WOzCJTG.gif

Competitive & Cooperative: Shift between competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where the losing team all get eliminated!

fAD92UT.gif

Comically Physical: Watch in delight as your fellow competitors bend, bounce, and bash their way to hilarious, physics-based failure!

mCsP7bu.gif

Delightfully Customizable: Fail in style with everything from fashionable pineapple couture to the latest in bunny hats available to customize your look in Fall Guys.

Trailer:

Gameplay:

Codes 208

Game looks like a lot of fun, I was thinking of trying it on ps+ but I already have several friends who bought the steam version so I’ll likely play there.

ksdixon

Had a great time playing this last night. Even after all my group was eliminated it was fun picking randoms to root for and laugh at.

Biggest complaint so far is that there are no control options on the PS4 version. I need my inverted Y axis damnit!

Can you not remap it in the PS4 system menu?

G-Bus

Banned
It's okay. Enjoyed it more when I turned the music off. Probably play some more tonight.

Couldn't get passed the 2nd round and I'll admit, had some close ones where I'm telling at the TV. Definitely some fun to be had.

manfestival

I really enjoy the game and the sounds. The game is so goofy and fun. I also had my roommate play the game blind(he didn't know the game existed) and he instantly loved it. I read that the game is crossplatform so it would be nice to play with my PC friends as well. Only thing that sucks is the egg mode. Stealing eggs and trying to traverse feels so difficult. Everything else is fine.

MiguelItUp

It's a nice, simple, and fun game. But man, skill based matchmaking or something would be helpful in team games. It's so lopsided sometimes, lol.

ksdixon

That would invert the up and down directions everywhere including menus would it not?

I can't remember to be honest. I think it only kicks-in when in a game.

There is a setting to put the Accessibility category onto the quick menu when you long-press the PS button, so you can quickly toggle the button remap profile on and off. Worth a try, at least.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Thanks for making this OT, I have been seeing this sitting high on twitch so I have been curious about it.

Nymphae

Banned
I can't remember to be honest. I think it only kicks-in when in a game.

I can't recall if it applies to XMB as well now that I think about it, but I mean in game all your menu vertical axis controls would be reversed as well if you simply wanted inverted aiming. Which is manageable I guess but not ideal really.

ksdixon

I can't recall if it applies to XMB as well now that I think about it, but I mean in game all your menu vertical axis controls would be reversed as well if you simply wanted inverted aiming. Which is manageable I guess but not ideal really.

True. It might be doable in a patch if enough people ask the devs on twitter.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
The ball physics and the reactions to players trying to hit them are so bad in the football minigame. The egg hunt is becoming my favorite, it starts normal but gets crazy when people start stealing eggs. :)

Overall it's a cool little game, but too much relies on physics going one way or the other and pure luck, especially when you're travelling with a "horde" at the beginning of the level.

Last edited:

nowhat

True. It might be doable in a patch if enough people ask the devs on twitter.
Apparently devs are aware of the issue and it should be fixed at some point: https://www.ign.com/articles/fall-guys-controller-options-invert-y-axis-ps4

Still, kind of baffling that it isn't there in the first place. As someone whose first foray into "3D" (well, vector graphics emulating something 3D-ish anyway) was with the likes of Gunship and Stealth Fighter on C128, invert-Y is completely hardwired into my brain, I just can't do "regular".

Bombolone

Gold Member
I need a Fall Guys x MXC
I will pay cold hard cash for costumes and audio paks of Vic Romano & Kenny Blackenship commentary, feat. Guy LeDouche
'Lets get it on'

It's a fun game, interested to see what updates they have in store.

down 2 orth

It's a great game! Definitely suitable to play around family, friends, girlfriend, etc. And if you have even a shred of a sense of humor, then you're probably in for a good time.

RavenSan

Off-Site Inflammatory Member
Played a few rounds with my brother earlier. A lot of fun, but can (obviously) be super frustrating sometimes when it's not going your way.

Mista

Banned
Having a blast with the lads. Great party game!

Laughing non-stop and screaming like idiots
I heard they were having server issues on the 4th. Is that all cleared up?
Yeah they didn't expect all those players but now all is good

Last edited:

PresetError

Neophyte
This game can keep the pace of its amazing start on some degree if they are quick adding new content. Shouldn't be so difficult to create a couple new stages each month with the visual style of Fall Guys and the size of the maps.

I'm sure they have already lots of new cosmetic skins prepared for the microtransactions.

Abear21

Banned
This seems like exactly what we need right now!

I’m going to hop in and try later tonight, already have it installed. Hopefully the servers stay afloat tonight!

Blade2.0

They should have an underdog mini game where the top 3 winners of that mini game come back in during the 3rd round. Or something for an extra try.

diffusionx

Gold Member
So I played this for an hour or two last night, it’s definitely fun but I’m not sure it will hold up long enough to justify all the GAAS bullshit.

MiguelItUp

I swear to god grabbers bring out the purest form of hatred within me. Jesus Christ I hate them so much, especially when it's completely unnecessary, lmao.

Yea, there are 5 rounds I think, and the last one is a race and whoever grabs the crown is the winner.
There are UP to 5 rounds. I've had Episodes as short as 3 rounds because so many people got knocked out in the first two rounds lol

Last edited:

Xanine

Neo Member
Yea, there are 5 rounds I think, and the last one is a race and whoever grabs the crown is the winner.
It’s not always a race. There is a hexagone minigame which is being the last man surviving the disappearing platforms and another tail grabbing game with only one tail.

Last edited:

nkarafo

It's nice to see a MP game with characters that are no human so no generic white chads, fat lesbians, sassy black females and trans women.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Was watching Arozay Arozay play this last night on stream. Looks pretty fun. Some of the levels look random though, like wait for the other guys to see what blocks fall.

The Skull

Super fun game. I put this in the same category as Rocket League. Easy to pick up and play for a few games at a time. Should have long legs hopefully.

Bryank75

Banned
Having a great time when I get time to play, great for short bursts and seem to be loads of different games.

manfestival

I was actually super surprised to see that this game did not get an official thread before release. Especially seeing the immense popularity that it got through twitch beforehand.

PresetError

Neophyte
I'm sorry but some gaming journalists are unbearable and amazingly unprofessional.

"I don’t see the game having the quarantine staying power of something like Animal Crossing unless developer Mediatonic adds dozens of challenges to prevent repetition. (Side note: the company’s overly thirsty social media presence almost turned me off to the game before I was able to play it, so engage with Fall Guys tweets at your own risk.) But for now, at least before Twitch’s most popular streamers ditch it and go back to Call of Duty, Fall Guys is the perfect game for a horrible moment in time."

Last edited:

SilentUser

Tried today for the first time and had a blast playing it. Now I will convince my friends to download/buy it too so we can play together.

Top Bottom