• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout |OT| Party Royale (free on PS+ for August)

R6Rider

Gold Member
Got my 3rd win last night.

Tail games are still garbage.

Still needs a group only playlist and control options.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Last three levels is a lot of grinding. Hitting 38 soon. I will wait foe 30 days after it for the new season to start

Last edited:
I deleted the game for the second and final time (together with save files this time) when game cynically disconnected me after my hard-fought (3rd) win. It said they will give me my reward after next login which they failed to do. I tried another time just to make sure and nope, no crown.

Bye bye amateurs, you got way over your head with this one.

I’m surprised this hasn’t been cancelled Due to using the name ‘guys’ as generic term to prefer to people. Era like males will be offended at this term as it doesn’t properly represent female players

GeorgPrime

Banned
Haven’t played it but kids love it. I‘m getting Rocket League vibes from the enthusiasm I’ve seen for this PS+ game.

It was even higher than League of Legends on Twitch lol.

The last streamer who was being mocked by Fall Guys Twitter xD got 250.000 Views when he finally won his first crown'

Was great stuff

oYNMEvy.jpg

XDDDDDDDD

Last edited:

GonSama

This game is just so fun.
Some connection issues, like random disconnections in the 2 round (why always the second?) but besides that, it's a funny experience.
And I think they can use all the iconic PS characters to do some cool costumes.

GeorgPrime

Banned
It's "free" for PS+ subs. Personally I wouldn't pay ~20$ for the game. It gets boring quickly because of not having enough minigame types (and frustrating becuase of not being able to skip least favorite games).

Thats a problem they fix with next update

MastAndo

Gold Member
The game is so much fun. A couple of friends and I picked it up tonight, and we were laughing our asses off the whole time. It's been a while since I had so much fun playing online, since we're all up there in age and don't get the chance to play together that often.

I managed to get to the last round after only a few games, and even got to the crown first...only to completely whiff on the jump toward it, since I didn't realize it moves up and down. My group enjoyed watching that one, lol. Managed to get a win shortly thereafter though!

I can see how it might get repetitive after a while, but I hope this one has legs. It's really a blast to play.

I really liked this game for a while, but now that the Honeymoon phase has ended I think I"m growing to hate it. The net code is just so bad.

Everyone knows about Tail games, but after a while it got to me in all games.
-Teleporting balls
- Being thrown a mile or rag-dolling for 10+ seconds because I'm "inside" someone whom doesn't appear anywhere near me on screen
- Clipping through floors on hex-a-gone
- Holding people who run right through you because you aren't really holding them
- Having other colors get credit for Hoops in spite of being first by a mile on your own view
- Jinxed has the same problems as Tail tag

About the only games I still truly enjoy are the obstacle courses/races, because for the most part they are fine unless you choose to be in the fire fighting with others.

TaySan

Banned
The game is so much fun. A couple of friends and I picked it up tonight, and we were laughing our asses off the whole time. It's been a while since I had so much fun playing online, since we're all up there in age and don't get the chance to play together that often.

I managed to get to the last round after only a few games, and even got to the crown first...only to completely whiff on the jump toward it, since I didn't realize it moves up and down. My group enjoyed watching that one, lol. Managed to get a win shortly thereafter though!

I can see how it might get repetitive after a while, but I hope this one has legs. It's really a blast to play.
Im having a blast so far, but hopefully season 2 will bring mote games to the rotation. Hopefully less team games.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I still play a few games every day on pc. Good stuff. Prob got me hooked for long time to come if they rotate games.

DeaDPo0L84

What does this have to do with Fall Guys? Leave me alone if you guys are just going to attack me in every thread when it's not even relevant to the discussion.

People should be aware of who they're conversing with, especially when you say anyone who supports police or views them in any sort of positive light is flat out racist. Dont take the moral high ground now when you've condemned and judged so many people that you happily converse with.

Compsiox

Banned
The game is huge but a game like Fortnite has a lot more going for it in terms of replayability if you ask me. You only have a set of the same obstacle courses and minigames.

I believe they'll have to churn out a lot of new courses and minigames in order to last as long as Fortnite (assuming people are interested for that long in general).

Neolombax

My kids absolutely love seeing me play this game, so that's another reason for me to be playing this. I especially like the obstacle courses, less on the games that require me to memorize tiles and guessing the safe path.

Fox Mulder

No wins for me but a bunch of split second losses at the crown.

I hate the team games and I always get dumped in fucking yellow since I play solo. I’d rather just run around in race or obstacle games.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Got a W in Hexagons and since the patch on PS4 the game feels smoother. I was playing it this weekend and it just felt like garbage and they took out Jump Showdown because of an exploit. But now the game is good again.

JimiNutz

Banned
I really enjoy this in short bursts.
It's the perfect game to log into daily and play for 30 mins.

It helps that my gf likes it too as it's fun to play with her.

I've only managed two victories though and they were both the stupid tail game. I wanna grab the crown :(

Also, the soundtrack is amazing lol

Top Bottom