• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Guys Coming to Xbox This Summer

ManaByte

Gold Member

A little late? Seems like all the hype for this evaporated after about a month or so.

Last edited:

Skifi28

It's one of those "it's fun but I have better things to do" games. It's a unique way to make a BR with 100 people for sure, but it gets really boring really fast. Not to mention frustrating considering how random it is. There's not much in the way of skill and what little you can do feels meaningless against the random gods when 40 people around you push you all over the place or the team you get put into sucks balls.

DaGwaphics

It's one of those "it's fun but I have better things to do" games. It's a unique way to make a BR with 100 people for sure, but it gets really boring really fast. Not to mention frustrating considering how random it is. There's not much in the way of skill and what little you can do feels meaningless against the random gods when 40 people around you push you all over the place or the team you get put into sucks balls.

I am team kryptonite in this game. The team I'm on will lose while not appearing to try at all, every time. :messenger_beaming:

DaGwaphics

This appears to be the experience of everyone I've talked to. Who are these people on the winning teams that stomp you? Do they exist?

I wonder if they group players by ability, maybe I'm not a good player and get placed with the rest of the shortbus'ers 🤷‍♂️

DonF

Good game, nothing serious... servers fucking suck though. If its not free 2 play or has crossplay, queue times will kill it.

It should be free. We will see. Rocket League was free when it launched on PS+, but when it came to Xbox much later, they had to pay.

It's not free on Switch, but that's to be expected.

jaysius

Banned
Another game boosted by over reacting streamers, it's really not all that great on it's own it's shitty control of the characters that's part of the "meme" game thing wears out after an hour, if they only made the characters control tighter they could have had a real long lasting game here.

Fox Mulder

It’s fun until you get bored of the repetition. It’s easy and I won a few times before moving on.

it’ll almost certainly be games with gold to give it that user boost like they did on the ps4.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Seemed like a game that was all the rage for about 2 weeks tops. Then never heard of again. I wonder how big the active online user base is now.

By the time the summer comes around, that's too late. Ship has sailed????

Erimus

Neo Member
Hyped for this. All my party play on Xbox. I just recently tried this out for the first time on PS5 and had a blast, couldn’t help but think how fun it would be to play with my normal crew. Now have that opportunity. Nice.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I know they say not on gamepass just yet, but its definately not too late for ms to reach out and make a deal. Every game gets its own deal......so they can just throw them a few money hats.

DaGwaphics

I know they say not on gamepass just yet, but its definately not too late for ms to reach out and make a deal. Every game gets its own deal......so they can just throw them a few money hats.

Maybe MS has already made a deal with them for GwG. 🤷‍♂️

Or Xbox users will just need to buy it, in which case I'll just play it on PS4 if I want. 😝

Greeno

Why? I think it would be stupid of Microsoft to pay them upfront. A better deal for them would be an "X dollars per hour" kind of deal. The game isn't exactly that hyped anymore.

LOL. I knew they were lying after all.
Who was lying about what? If they signed a deal with Sony(for it to be on PS Plus), talking about future plans regarding other platforms would violate that contract and could impact Sony's download numbers/data/subscriptions. It sucks, but that's how the timed console release deals go.

Last edited:
Who was lying about what? If they signed a deal with Sony(for it to be on PS Plus), talking about future plans regarding other platforms would violate that contract and could impact Sony's download numbers/data/subscriptions. It sucks, but that's how the timed console release deals go.
Yes, that's obvious. Doesn't change the fact it was still a lie when they were asked about future platforms.

Never too late to enjoy greatness. Fun game.

Never gonna hit the same as Day 1 tho. But you know, we all make our choices.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
The idea itself is amazing and hope to see more of a it’s kind. But this game just feels like ass to play.

Was going to hold out for this but I just got it on Steam last week. It’s fun in small bursts.
I was addicted to the game when it came out and eventually it did get old for some odd reason.

And anytime I try to play again, its not as fun as it used to be. I think it went real hot because it was a very different battle Royale compared to everything else on the market. Best part was that you could troll your friends and other people with grabs.

Throwing people off ledges or cock-blocking them from escaping an environmental death were great times. And it was fun to stream and play with viewers.

kretos

Banned
Ok child.
What is your problem? You have a stick up your ass? Lol. People on this forum are so insecure and hateful, its quite pathetic and sad. I pity you. Go play outside without a mask-on near medical centers. Maybe you'll catch something and will be better off that way <3
5509785be92b9823da16a6f50a19490d.gif

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Why? I think it would be stupid of Microsoft to pay them upfront. A better deal for them would be an "X dollars per hour" kind of deal. The game isn't exactly that hyped anymore.

I'm not saying billions, just enough to get it done. Good for ms as it keeps gamepass subscribers happy and good for the game company as its likely they make money from skins than anything. If a large percentage of gp users download and use it and biy some skins, they might make more overall.....

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Updates on Xbox, Switch and crossplay!​

With so many new opportunities now in our hands, we've realised that our previously announced Summer 2021 Switch and Xbox release schedule is unfortunately just too soon for us to include all of the tasty new features we're working on.

While we want to launch on these platforms as quickly as possible, we believe the Switch and Xbox releases are really going to be worth waiting for and we’re super grateful for your patience. This delay gives our team some time to add features like crossplay, so when we add new platforms, players will be able to stumble in harmony with their pals, regardless of their platform of choice.

Last edited:
Top Bottom