• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Falcom planning at least two more “refined” title re-releases

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Falcom is planning to release three “refined” titles, including the recently announced Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana, president Toshihiro Kondo said in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

Considering Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana will be available for Switch in spring 2023 in Japan, and Falcom previously said it plans to launch three titles for Switch in the fiscal year ending September 30, 2023, the other two “refined” titles will likely also be available for Switch.
Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana is an updated and enhanced—or refined—version of Ys: The Oath in Felghana, which was previously released for PSP in 2010.

Kondo also confirmed that Ys Memoire: The Oath in Felghana runs at 60 frames per second without issue, and that the developer is currently working on replacing textures with high-resolution versions. Balance adjustments are also being made with consideration to the Switch userbase.

lachesis

Since Origin is already out, I guess Ark of Naphyshtm, and perhaps Ys I&II Chronicles?
Chronicles make sense because upcoming Ys X: Nordics happening right after the Ys I / II....

I would actually love to see Ys V Kefin remake in new engine. I'm pretty positive that's what the next Ys title with X's structure - as V is only one that's kinda due.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Playing memories of Cleceta on pc now and its way better than the last two Y's releases. They should refined that one for next gen consoles.

Mr Hyde

Please let it be Ark of Napishtim. Absolutely loved it on PS2 but I want it on modern platforms. A remaster of Oath in Felghana is great news. Good times being an Ys fan.

Top Bottom