• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAKE SCREENSHOTS - [4Chan] - Velvet Veil - rumored FROMSoft PS5 exclusive screenshots and info from internal presentation

Bartski

Gold Member
UPDATE: SCREENSHOTS ARE FAKE.

Nothing to see here.

Sources:

foCk80u.jpg
ENqHcvt.jpg

THREAD: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/570427048

via u/mothmothmoth1

OP claims It was an internal gameplay trailer about 2 minutes long.

vCGf5yy.jpg
lRC8nUG.jpg
noOgohP.jpg

There were two people narrating the trailer one was the little girl in the second picture and the other narrator was an old man.

The dialogue with the girl as far as I can remember was this:

-The apprencites awaken once again

-But as the last night approaches

-The Velvet Veil, protecting us from certain demise-Is at the risk of being punctured

then it switches to an old man.

-Mender of the planes (I don't know if this refers to the main character)

-We ask for you to make haste

-And save us from their murky schemes

The trailer begins with the player character waking up in a dusty old mansion. He holds his head and notices theres a black tar like substance oozing from a wound in his head. Soon after he is approached by the girl in the second picture. And that is not her but a mask. In the next scene (the first screenshot) the character is going through this hallway filled with limbs and fleshy creatures and there is again a black tar like substance on the floor. In the next scene the main character is out on a open field at night looking at a what I could best describe as a late 19th century looking european city however the sky is a very dark purple and there are dark blue stars lighting it up. In the next few scenes we get a look at some enemies.

The first enemy we saw was a bird like creature made out of bones and metals and covered in leather and cloth, it was walking on a rainy alleyway at night. In the scene after that the main character was in a forest during day he was holding a whip and had some sort of glowing white light in his left hand. The main character sprinted towards some normal looking human soldiers equipped with muskets. He attacked them with whip once and then quickly covered the whip with the white light in his left hand and attacked again. This time the attack caused the enemies to be lit on some sort of white flame and they slowly eroded to flakes.

Next scene the main character was in a port in the city during a rainstorm. The most prominent thing was a very large aqueduct quite far away.

The character was holding a musket with a bayonet attached to it. Then what I could best describe as a griffon but with the head of a creature that is a mix between a peacock and an eagle landed in front of the character and started spewing the same black tar like substance. It also had a very faint purple aura around its head. The main character dodged this with bloodborne style dash and blew to his musket and his musket started growing these black vines and then the character aimed and shot at the creature. The bullet had a black trail of smoke behind and once it hit the creature in the it left a small purple explosion.

In the next scene we saw the character slowly walk on water and soon the moon began to turn red and quickly began to descend to the water. The moon then touched the water and began to crack like porcelain and from within came out a large black insect like creature. Then there were some shots of the city with again the large aqueduct being the most prominent feature. The shots of the city usually had humanoid looking enemies dressed in late 19th century clothing and most were equipped with muskets or swords.

In the last scene of the trailer the main character knelt down by a tree during sunset and slowly started to extend his hand towards it and once he touched some sort of rift opened and inside it the old dusty mansion from the first scene was visible and the rift swallowed the player character.

The name of the city was not said in the trailer and we were not told its name. And I unfortunately do not have any other pictures than these 3.

However the city is very large. It reminded me of some central european cities like prague or munich. Most of the time the sky above the city was a very dark purple with what I can only assume to be dark blue stars lighting it up. The city was bright however, the building had lights. If I had to give an exact time period to give a feeling of what to expect it would be 1880s-1890s London. The city is by a sea or a very large lake I am not too sure but I am leaning towards a sea or an ocean. And again the most prominent feature of the city was the very large and tall aqueduct. It could be seen in most scenes and there is also this very large domed tall building that looked like an parliament or a cathedral by the sea/lake.

OP expects an announcement in May or June 2022 and expects the game to be released in 2023

Not quite sure if it is a spiritual sequel to Bloodborne however OP has said that the game has the "Bloodborne" dash and is at least a spiritual sequel Bloodborne in terms of combat.

EDIT: OP asked about the previous leak also claims to match what he saw:

I have not seen any crouching, jumping or swimming in the trailer. However, most of the things he is talking about seems to match with what I saw in the trailer especially the general atmosphere.

via

Velvet Veil (From Software PS5 Exclusive)​

Well last time I posted in here regarding this project someone derailed the entire thread by posting DMs that did not belong to me but insinuated that they did. I don't know how or if I can confirm that I was the person who made the thread about Velvet Veil around 2 months ago but regardless I want to give some new information regarding Velvet Veil and address some recent rumours about this game.

The rumour that there is a PS5 exclusive in collaboration with From Software is indeed true and this project is currently named "Velvet Veil" which might change as it is not the final title of this game. And as I said in the previous leak Sony and From came to an agreement in 2017 and the development for this game began in 2018 and the game is currently scheduled to release on the first quarter of 2023 (March-February). This game is not a sequel or a prequel to Bloodborne and it is a new IP. However, it is from what I can understand a spiritual successor to Bloodborne so while it is a new IP and has no direct relations with Bloodborne it will at least be familiar. Recently someone else has claimed that the new Armored Core has possibly been put on hold at the moment because the development of this game however, I am not certain about this and again last I heard is that it was still on works and nothing else.

Now regarding Velvet Veil, I know for a fact that Velvet Veil is not an open world game. It is your traditional dungeon style interconnected world like Dark Souls or Bloodborne. The game is set in a fictional world and not in the real world like Sekiro is. For the games setting from what I understand they are going for a late 19th century/Belle Époque European atmosphere.

One of the games main new features is how they have integrated spells and sorceries to the core gameplay. For example you can finish every single souls game out there without ever touching spells or sorcery because they require a specific stat or a source that does not regenerate itself to use (int or faith) where as in Velvet Veil no matter which type of build you choose you will be able to use some sort of magic class and the source these spells use regenerates in a manner where you can use them without worrying about your mana too much. The game will also feature jumping, crouching and swimming though to a much lesser extent compared to Sekiro however, I do not know if you can hang on to ledges like in Sekiro.

For the graphics I previously stated that you can compare it to the difference between Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne. To give a clearer understanding expect a departure from the graphical quality of Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3, Sekiro and Elden Ring. The game will look significantly better than these games but do not expect an Unreal Engine 5 demo game or something in the graphical quality of the remake of Demon's Souls.

It's a From Soft Castlevania

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
The name of the city was not said in the trailer and we were not told its name. And I unfortunately do not have any other pictures than these 3.

However the city is very large. It reminded me of some central european cities like prague or munich. Most of the time the sky above the city was a very dark purple with what I can only assume to be dark blue stars lighting it up. The city was bright however, the building had lights. If I had to give an exact time period to give a feeling of what to expect it would be 1880s-1890s London. The city is by a sea or a very large lake I am not too sure but I am leaning towards a sea or an ocean. And again the most prominent feature of the city was the very large and tall aqueduct. It could be seen in most scenes and there is also this very large domed tall building that looked like an parliament or a cathedral by the sea/lake.

kyussman

I've no idea if this is real or fake......but if Sony haven't yet made a deal with From for another exclusive then I have to wonder what the fuck they are doing.

Bartski

Gold Member
the first picture was not part of the OP and I can't tell if it was posted by the same Anonymous or is indeed blurred ROM arena from Bloodborne (sure looks like it) pasted to muddy the waters

Flabagast

Man From software has become a company so boring. Always the same brain dead gibberish and inane high fantasy concepts, all and all for copy paste games that have even less difference between them than your typical assassins creed.

nowadays I do not respect this company at all anymore

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Why? I mean I could understand if it was sequel after sequel, but there's several IP's (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Elden Ring, and now this).
Yeah, several ips which are so similar it could have been the same ip. They all feel like spin off series. I like them, I've played ds 2 and 3, bloodborne and sekiro and they're amazing but I wouldn't call them very different games/ips. Honestly, with their animation and style, and how their games feel to play it can seem like from is churning them off the track. But if people like it I guess that's fine. I'd just like something more different.

MonarchJT

Banned
No. Miyzaki does the best Souls like and I cant wait. Love his games
well i would hope...they did invent it the genre....that said is like people get excited for something like batman 12 .......i mean ok first...second ok 4 games but between demon / dark/ bloodb/ sekiro /elden ring how many games with the same notes? i understand there's an little niche of huge fans but the model is already gutted that it is becoming monotonous ..... as soon as you hear from software you already know that it will be a game where you have to find out the pattern of the boss to be able to kill him and that it will be highly punitive .. that's it.

to be clear no offense to the developers (who have found a winning formula in the past) or to the niche that wants more of the same flavor
I would simply like to see their great artistic direction (i think is the greatest merit of this software house) in 1 other genre / game model

Last edited:

FunkMiller

This all sounds entirely plausible to me.

Comparison would be

Demon’s Souls = Bloodborne.

Dark Souls = Velvet Veil.

Similar gameplay and setting, different story, world and characters.

This would be quite something.

Last edited:

hlm666

What are those original images from, has that vfx studio done anything like that for movies? do they have a demo real?

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

well i would hope...they did invent it the genre....that said is like people get excited for something like batman 12 .......i mean ok first...second ok 4 games but between demon / dark/ bloodb/ sekiro /elden ring how many games with the same notes? i understand there's an little niche of huge fans but the model is already gutted that it is becoming monotonous ..... as soon as you hear from software you already know that it will be a game where you have to find out the pattern of the boss to be able to kill him and that it will be highly punitive .. that's it.

to be clear no offense to the developers (who have found a winning formula in the past) or to the niche that wants more of the same flavor
I would simply like to see their great artistic direction (i think is the greatest merit of this software house) in 1 other genre / game model

I think having a Miyazaki game every 2-3 years is awesome and not getting stale for the fans of his games. I can understand for people who arent big fans.
The stories, characters, setting and lore are completely different and quite deep normally, which is a part of his games being awesome.
Plus the combat is very different between Sekiro, Bloodborne and Dark Souls. Different ending and play styles make for just an overall awesome gaming experience

Top Bottom