• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Faith No More to Release First Album in 18 Years, Plot U.S. Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the new album really is good. The best thing is that they are going to do more gigs though. Already have got my concert ticket!

SNIKT!

I love seeing you Faith No More and Patton fans on GAF. Warms the heart. I got tickets to their April show in Seattle. HYPE

Hopefully the new album really is good. The best thing is that they are going to do more gigs though. Already have got my concert ticket!

If those tweets are anything to go by, it should exceed expectations. I hope they do a second tour after this one. The tickets for this tour sold out pretty much instantly. I'm going to see them twice, but it's not enough.

I love seeing you Faith No More and Patton fans on GAF. Warms the heart. I got tickets to their April show in Seattle. HYPE

Hell yeah! I'm seeing them in Toronto and Philly in May. Can't wait.

They announced some new North American tour dates, and posted this on Facebook today.
PaZ09L6.jpg

I updated the OP with the dates.

glow

Banned
So weird to see this thread pop up. I've had "Falling to Pieces" playing in my head all night for I don't know what reason. Excited to hear some new FNM.

Xemnas89

I updated the OP with album art, track list and the singles so far.

Faith No More Sol Invictus: the previews are in and they’re great
http://newfaithnomore.com/2015/02/2...nvictus-the-previews-are-in-and-theyre-great/

Some choice quotes:

Beez
‏@Beez_says
Fourth listen to the new Faith No More album. It's breathtakingly brilliant. How high's your expectation? Really? It's better than that.
https://twitter.com/Beez_says/status/568575891992920064

@jamesjammcmahon
So the new @FaithNoMore record is absolutely fucking brilliant!
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/568049703302123520

@jamesjammcmahon
Also, struggling to review the Faith No More record. The best I've got so far is, 'remember how you felt when you first watched Star Wars'
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/569988806339895296

@jamesjammcmahon
@Beez_says Great isn't it. Album of the year and it's only February. What a time to be alive
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/569998375380234240

Sounds like it's going to be awesome and the two singles in the OP support this theory.

EYEL1NER

Fantastic... I just submitted my vacation request yesterday for May 22 through June 29 and FNM is playing Atlanta and Raleigh at the end of July. I've always expressed disappointment that I would never get to see them play a live show, the reform and play one-offs at random places around the globe for a couple years, then finally hit up a place close to my home...a month after I have left the country again.
FNM? FML.

mf.luder

I was waiting for tickets in Toronto to drop a little more but I took an assignment that night and might need to give it back. I need Patton!

They kicked off the tour in Vancouver last night and the setlist is amazing!

Motherfucker
Land of Sunshine
Caffeine
Ricochet
Evidence
Epic
Sunny Side Up (Live debut)
Get Out
Midlife Crisis
Last Cup of Sorrow
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Easy (Commodores cover)
Cuckoo for Caca
King for a Day
Ashes to Ashes
Superhero
Encore:
Sol Invictus (Live debut)
We Care a Lot
Digging the Grave
Encore 2:
From the Dead

EYEL1NER

No 'The Real Thing' on the set list?
I dunno, I'm pretty bummed that I won't be in-country to see them but I would also be really disappointed if I went to see them and they didn't play The Real Thing.

I was listening to FNM earlier though during a 34-hr shift at work. I forgot how good The Cowboy Song is, I haven't heard it in forever. It must be a song I listened to a lot while playing Deus Ex Invisible War on xbox because I immediately thought of that game when the chorus kicked in.

Hasney

Saw them last year at the Black Sabbath Time gig in London. The couple of new things they played were great so I cannot wait for this.

Here's the Seattle setlist from last night's show.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/faith-no-more/2015/paramount-theatre-seattle-wa-7bc88ee0.html
Motherfucker
Land of Sunshine
Caffeine
Ricochet
Evidence
Epic
Sunny Side Up
Get Out
Midlife Crisis
Last Cup of Sorrow
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Easy (Commodores cover)
Spirit
King for a Day
Ashes to Ashes
Superhero
Encore:
This Guy's in Love With You (Burt Bacharach cover)
Sol Invictus
Mark Bowen

For close to 18 years, I thought I'd never get to see them live. Now, it's actually happening. Somebody hold me.

EYEL1NER

I found out shitty news today, that my vacation has to get moved back. I was looking at being a month shy of seeing FNM in Atlanta but now I have a chance, either by allowing my vacation to get moved or by just quitting and returning to the country for good. If I move my vacay, I'll still have to stretch it to about 8 weeks long, which is longer than I would like to take, but for a chance to hear The Real Thing and The Cowboy Song live, taking two months off would be worth it (setting myself up for disappointment though... Like they are gonna play ever of those songs).

I found out shitty news today, that my vacation has to get moved back. I was looking at being a month shy of seeing FNM in Atlanta but now I have a chance, either by allowing my vacation to get moved or by just quitting and returning to the country for good. If I move my vacay, I'll still have to stretch it to about 8 weeks long, which is longer than I would like to take, but for a chance to hear The Real Thing and The Cowboy Song live, taking two months off would be worth it (setting myself up for disappointment though... Like they are gonna play ever of those songs).

If you have the funds to extend your vacation, and can get a ticket, do it! I wouldn't base a decision to quit a job/emigrate to a new country on a single Faith No More show though. Also, know that they haven't played either song on the tour thus far and probably won't.

Matty77

I would love to see them again but not enough to go to Boston, hopefully they add more dates later. At least I've already seen them in their prime and right before they broke up.

EYEL1NER

If you have the funds to extend your vacation, and can get a ticket, do it! I wouldn't base a decision to quit a job/emigrate to a new country on a single Faith No More show though. Also, know that they haven't played either song on the tour thus far and probably won't.
Oh, I wouldn't be quitting based on FNM (though they are a pretty good reason to), I would be quitting because of my vacation being moved. I told my daughter that I would come home and see her this month when I left the country last time and circumstances kept me here. So I told her I would be sure to be home in May and started buying tickets for various activities for my wife, daughter, and I to go do. Having my vacation pushed back isn't something I want to let happen and I have already been up here working for almost three years; I'm gonna need to quit sometime soon anyway and make my way back home. It might just end up being sooner rather than later.

I can understand The Cowboy Song not getting played since it wasn't a big song but I have been a little surprised to have not spied The Real Thing on any of the setlists so far. It was the name of one of their albums, a decently-sized hit off of the album too. I have seen footage of them playing the song numerous times since that reunion show a couple years back. And I can see a couple songs on the setlists so far that would definitely not be missed if they were dropped in favor of Real Thing. It is one that needs to be played (but probably won't).

Oh, I wouldn't be quitting based on FNM (though they are a pretty good reason to), I would be quitting because of my vacation being moved. I told my daughter that I would come home and see her this month when I left the country last time and circumstances kept me here. So I told her I would be sure to be home in May and started buying tickets for various activities for my wife, daughter, and I to go do. Having my vacation pushed back isn't something I want to let happen and I have already been up here working for almost three years; I'm gonna need to quit sometime soon anyway and make my way back home. It might just end up being sooner rather than later.

I can understand The Cowboy Song not getting played since it wasn't a big song but I have been a little surprised to have not spied The Real Thing on any of the setlists so far. It was the name of one of their albums, a decently-sized hit off of the album too. I have seen footage of them playing the song numerous times since that reunion show a couple years back. And I can see a couple songs on the setlists so far that would definitely not be missed if they were dropped in favor of Real Thing. It is one that needs to be played (but probably won't).

I don't think I'm qualified to offer any family or career advice.

They played Be Aggressive last night in LA. If you had asked me before the tour started which is more likely they'd play, The Real Thing or Be Aggressive, I'd have said The Real Thing for sure. All of the new stuff so far has been phenomenal and the old stuff, well, you already know.

Some kind soul posted the entire show from last night.

Faith No More - 4/25/2015 The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA * FULL SHOW *
Setlist:
  • Sol Invictus
  • Superhero
  • Sunny Side Up
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Cone of Shame
  • Black Friday
  • Motherfucker
  • Matador
  • From the Dead
  • Caffeine
  • Evidence
  • Surprise!…
  • Midlife Crisis - Lowdown Tease - ( Boz Scaggs Cover ) - Midlife Crisis
  • Epic
  • Ashes to Ashes
  • Encore: King for a Day
  • We Care a Lot
  • I Started a Joke (Bee Gees Cover)

It's front-loaded with new stuff.

The first nine songs they play are from Sol Invictus, in the order they appear on the album. All that's missing is Rise of the Fall, between Cone of Shame and Black Friday.

EYEL1NER

I didn't know if I should talk more tour stuff in here or the OT but this one had a lot of tour posts and the other doesn't so I guess I'll stick with this thread?
I'm now torn between going to see them in Atlanta or in Raleigh. Raleigh is a three hour drive, where as Atlanta is 4. That right there makes Raleigh seem like a better option. I'm really trying hard to not say "Fuck it" and go to both though. I don't know that I want to drive 8 hours that Thursday and 6 the next day on Friday but after looking up recent encores for the current tour's setlist, I think I may have to. One recent show saw them play From Out of Nowhere and they played As the Worm Turns on another; both of those would be cool to hear live. But then again, some of the shows saw them not play Midlife Crisis and they played I Started a Joke during the encore. So I feel like I have to go to both because I don't want to risk going to only one and hearing I Started a Joke in place of something god-tier like maybe The Real Thing or Stripsearch.

I didn't know if I should talk more tour stuff in here or the OT but this one had a lot of tour posts and the other doesn't so I guess I'll stick with this thread?
I'm now torn between going to see them in Atlanta or in Raleigh. Raleigh is a three hour drive, where as Atlanta is 4. That right there makes Raleigh seem like a better option. I'm really trying hard to not say "Fuck it" and go to both though. I don't know that I want to drive 8 hours that Thursday and 6 the next day on Friday but after looking up recent encores for the current tour's setlist, I think I may have to. One recent show saw them play From Out of Nowhere and they played As the Worm Turns on another; both of those would be cool to hear live. But then again, some of the shows saw them not play Midlife Crisis and they played I Started a Joke during the encore. So I feel like I have to go to both because I don't want to risk going to only one and hearing I Started a Joke in place of something god-tier like maybe The Real Thing or Stripsearch.

The OT could use some love. It's been pretty quiet lately.

If you can afford to go to both shows, do it! Just bring a friend to share driving duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom