• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Faith No More to Release First Album in 18 Years, Plot U.S. Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hopefully it doesn't sound like a bunch of 50-year-old men, which we are!" says bassist Bill Gould of 2015 release

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...irst-album-in-18-years-plot-u-s-tour-20140902

Influential alterna-metal iconoclasts Faith No More are set to release their seventh album — their first in 18 years — in April of 2015, bassist Bill Gould tells Rolling Stone. The record will be a totally independent product — produced by Gould, recorded in their Oakland rehearsal space and released on their own imprint, Reclamation Records (which will be distributed by frontman Mike Patton's long-running label, Ipecac Recordings).

"The name has to do with the fact that we realized we were free from our recording obligations," says Gould. "We weren't touring, we have these songs that we were working on — that we think are pretty cool — and why don't we just do our own imprint and kind of reclaim our future, in a way? We own the future more than we ever have."

Though no dates have been booked, the band is planning a full U.S. tour around the album's release. Since their return to the stage in 2009, they've only played five American cities.

The album's first single, "Motherfucker," a song they premiered in London's Hyde Park in July, will be released on a seven-inch due for November 28th release and limited to 5,000 copies as part of Record Store Day's Black Friday. The B-side will be a remix by electronic art-pop sound designer J.G. Thirlwell.

Update:
Official Thread is up: Faith No More - Sol Invictus |OT| Eighteen Years of Separation Anxiety

Sol Invictus Release Date: May 19, 2015
AzwN0Tl.jpg

1. Sol Invictus 2:37
  2. Superhero 5:15
  3. Sunny Side Up 2:59
  4. Separation Anxiety 3:44
  5. Cone of Shame 4:40
  6. Rise of the Fall 4:09
  7. Black Friday 3:19
  8. Motherfucker 3:33
  9. Matador 6:08
  10. From the Dead 3:06

Singles released so far:
Faith No More - Motherfucker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glr878X82PE

Faith No More - Superhero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKP98hDBJ8w

Update 2:
North American Tour Dates
  • April 15 PNE Forum Vancouver, BC Canada
  • April 16 Paramount Theater Seattle, WA United States
  • April 17 Keller Auditorium Portland, OR United States
  • April 19 Warfield San Francisco, CA United States
  • April 20 Warfield San Francisco, CA United States
  • April 22 The Wiltern Los Angeles, CA United States
  • April 23 The Wiltern Los Angeles, CA United States
  • April 24 The Wiltern Los Angeles, CA United States
  • April 25 The Observatory Santa Ana, CA United States
  • May 7 Concord Music Hall Chicago, IL United States
  • May 8 The Fillmore Detroit Detroit, MI United States
  • May 9 Sony Centre for the Performing Arts Toronto, ON Canada
  • May 11 Orpheum Theatre Boston, MA United States
  • May 13 Webster Hall New York, NY United States
  • May 14 Webster Hall New York, NY United States
  • May 15 Electric Factory Philadelphia, PA
European Tour Dates
  • May 29 Grune Holle Festival Nurburgring Germany
  • May 31 Rockavaria Festival Munich Germany
  • June 2 Sonisphere Milan Italy
  • June 4 Vienna Rocks Festival Vienna Austria
  • June 5 Rock For People Festival Hradec Kralove Czech Republic
  • June 6 Zitadelle Berlin Germany
  • June 8 Tauron Arena Kraków Poland
  • June 12 Pinkpop Festival Landgraaf Netherlands
  • June 13 Download Festival Donington UK
  • June 20 Hellfest Clisson France
  • June 21 Graspop Festival Dessel Belgium
  • June 23 Sporthalle Hamburg Germany
  • June 26 Bråvalla Festival Norrköping Sweden
  • June 27 Provinssirock Festival Seinajoki Finland
  • June 28 Tinderbox Festival Odense Denmark
More North American Dates
  • July 26 Austin Music Hall Austin, TX United States
  • July 27 South Side Ballroom Dallas, TX United States
  • July 28 Bayou Music Center Houston, TX United States
  • July 30 Masquerade Music Park Atlanta, GA United States
  • July 31 Red Hat Amphitheater Raleigh, NC United States
  • August 1 Skyline Stage at the Mann Center for the Performing Arts Philadelphia, PA United States
  • August 2 Merriweather Post Pavilion Columbia, MD United States
  • August 4 Blue Hills Bank Pavilion Boston, MA United States
  • August 5 Madison Square Garden New York, NY United States
  • August 7 Ricoh Coliseum Toronto, ON Canada
  • August 7–9 Heavy Montreal Montreal, QC Canada

Sweet!. I'll buy this. Always liked Faith No More. Both The Real Thing and Angel Dust are still really interesting to listen to. (Patton's Fantomas stuff is more out there. Interesting, but a lot harder to listen to in general).

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Saw them at the Hyde Park gig when they played Motherfucker. (Yes, they still have it, worth seeing live still!)

Caught me by surprise, had me confused for a second as I dithered between thinking it was either a cover of something I didn't recognize or new material, but that dissolved to new material pretty sharpish as the track did have FNM's signature style all over it.

Winter John

Gold Member
Great. I hope it's the original line up. I saw them play at The Venue in Edinburgh back in the late 80s. Had an excellent time.

After BST I was expecting this so glad to see it confirmed. Seen them twice in '09 (Download and Edinburgh). The Edinburgh gig is in my top 10, hopefully get the chance to see them again next year.

Altazor

Fuck yes! Seen them twice after their reunion and they killed it. Mike's an awesome frontman and still has the pipes.

I was at this show. God I loved it.

kMStbAR.jpg

Saw them at the Hyde Park gig when they played Motherfucker. (Yes, they still have it, worth seeing live still!)

Caught me by surprise, had me confused for a second as I dithered between thinking it was either a cover of something I didn't recognize or new material, but that dissolved to new material pretty sharpish as the track did have FNM's signature style all over it.

You guys weren't lying that Patton still has his pipes O_O.

Dude still sounds really good.

Novocaine

Fuck yes.

They are one of my all time favourite bands since my teenage years. I finally got to see them a few years back at a festival and the show was amazing.

I hope like hell the new album will be good, they have a flawless record of releasing albums so far.

CloudWolf

I was there too, great show. That other new song they played (Leader of Men?) was awesome too.

Gigarator

I was so confused when they played that, I put it down to it being some parody or joke I wasn't in on. Then I got home and saw the news that they'd debuted 2 new songs.

That was such a great day out.

EYEL1NER

Saw the news yesterday morn on metalsucks. I am so fucking pumped for this. When they announced that first reunion show a couple years back (Download Fest I think?), I was disappointed that I would likely never be anywhere near where they would be playing for years. And FNM has always been on my 'bands you wish you could have seen live' list. But when that news broke I remember saying "This better fucking lead to a new album."
Now if Mike could do a new Lovage album after this, my life would be complete...

I updated the OP with album art, track list and the singles so far.

Faith No More Sol Invictus: the previews are in and they’re great
http://newfaithnomore.com/2015/02/2...nvictus-the-previews-are-in-and-theyre-great/

Some choice quotes:

Beez
‏@Beez_says
Fourth listen to the new Faith No More album. It's breathtakingly brilliant. How high's your expectation? Really? It's better than that.
https://twitter.com/Beez_says/status/568575891992920064

@jamesjammcmahon
So the new @FaithNoMore record is absolutely fucking brilliant!
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/568049703302123520

@jamesjammcmahon
Also, struggling to review the Faith No More record. The best I've got so far is, 'remember how you felt when you first watched Star Wars'
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/569988806339895296

@jamesjammcmahon
@Beez_says Great isn't it. Album of the year and it's only February. What a time to be alive
https://twitter.com/jamesjammcmahon/status/569998375380234240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom