• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Facebook Acquires Ready At Dawn

DonF

I hope it's not a loss for the medium. Facebook could publish some of their games on consoles or they just publish on pc?

Keihart

Welp, their best game was made as part of Oculus Studios, so this sounds great for them.
Lone Echo it's very good, i look forward to playing the sequel.

Ar¢tos

Whoa crazy...

Hey if my theory about Microsoft selling Mixer to Facebook theory pans out and Microsoft uses Oculus for their next gen console VR then i guess they in a round about way they just gained access to Ready at Dawn huh
FB, or any other VR manufacturer, have nothing to gain by making their VR device compatible with Xbox.
There is no profit in the hardware and giving the digital sales to Xbox storefront would remove the only profit they get from VR.
Even if Xbox gives them a cut, the profit difference would be big, after publisher cut, storefront cut and other costs, very little would remain.

The only way Xbox is getting VR is by making their own device.

Hal.

Absolutely amazing studio for PSP - I loved Daxter and their God of War games.

Shame the Order didn't really take off. Will be interested to see what they come up with.

I want an Order 2 so fucking bad I can TASTE it!

I mean it's rumored to be happening, but this might complicate things.

But fuck Facebook, GIVE ME THE ORDER 2, GIVE IT TO ME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

FUCK YOU ZUCKERBERG! GIMME THAT ORDER 2 NOW YOU FUCKING FUCKASS FUCK!

I'm not joking when I say The Order is one of the coolest worlds ever conceived for video games, yes the first game was flawed, but there's so much potential in the premise, it'd be fucking insane not to give it one more try.

I'm such a stan for The Order I spent almost 300$ on the game's artbook, come at me bro!

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I know that RAD will surprise us with their upcoming projects regarding this news .. I’m happy for them and can’t wait for what they have back there 😉

McCheese

We need some more big hitting VR games and companies like Valve and Facebook are going to have to take the risks by funding them. Facebook have done a very good job with the Oculus Quest so far and just need to keep pressure on expanding its reach further, gen 2 quest could be massive.

I can't wait to play The Order 1887 on Facebook!

I think the best part of the sequel will be that you can take selfies with werewolf filter! Imagine how fun that will be that all your friends can participate and make your day from bad to really great! And all the notifications that you get from the microtransactions!!

Man fuck this. I really hoped for sequel to The Order 1886 for Playstation.

Wonko_C

So Microsoft ditches mixer to join Facebook gaming and now this. Whats next, Facebook console? Facebook Stadia? No matter what it is, I will not support it fuckkkkkk that shiitttt.
The Facebook console already exists. It's called Oculus Quest.

Sad news, RIP RAD.
RIP? They weren't shut down nor stopped making games, they've just not been making them for your platform of choice for the last three to four years. 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely amazing studio for PSP - I loved Daxter and their God of War games.

Shame the Order didn't really take off. Will be interested to see what they come up with.
They already have come up with 4 games and are working on at least one more (Lone Echo 2). You can check them out on their homepage:

I really wish Amazon, Facebook and Google would stay the fuck away from this industry but here we are...

What a shitty situation. RIP to this talented studio.
I've seen this same thing said when Microsoft was about to enter the console market. No one wanted them and look where they are now.

Wait what's Facebook got to do with gaming?

cAdYnvP.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom