• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EXCLUSIVE - PS5 Pro in Development, Could Release Late 2024

We would be getting more than just hints, rumors and speculation of it by now. Especially considering all the shit that leaked out of the ABK hearing. No mention of "pro" consoles from MS or PS.

skit_data

Tom Henderson has been the most reliable leaker outside of possibly the snitch. If the new discless PS5 model is indeed released this year then the PS5 Pro is a certainty as well IMO.

Last edited:
Tom Henderson has been the most reliable leaker outside of possibly the snitch. If the new discless PS5 model is indeed released this year then the PS5 Pro is a certainty as well IMO.
More likely the attachment is for the slim model. They could then use external disc drive for ps6 and others moving forward.

Last edited:

Bry0

I don't know about Tom, but I have a feeling Kepler knows something.
He's know for leaking GPU/CPU stuff.

I'm wondering if he's hinting at the PS5 Pro codename being Viola?

Ok this is the stuff that makes it breaks it for me. Has he spilled the beans yet. After seeing the 7700/7800 rdna3 timespy leaks I’m expecting everyone to be disappointed tbh. Lol

Last edited:

Loxus

Ok this is the stuff that makes it breaks it for me. Has he spilled the beans yet. After seeing the 7700/7800 rdna3 timespy leaks I’m expecting everyone to be disappointed tbh. Lol
I had thoughts that the Digital PS5 is already the Slim and a PS5 refresh with 40CU RDNA 3.5 is all we'll get in terms of a Pro.

PS5 with 40 RDNA 3.5 CUs at the same clock of 2.23GHz is 20,55 TF.
Double the PS5's 10.27 TF.

Last edited:

Gudji

I don't know about Tom, but I have a feeling Kepler knows something.
He's know for leaking GPU/CPU stuff.

I'm wondering if he's hinting at the PS5 Pro codename being Viola?

Exclusive R&D footage of "Viola" aka PS5 PRO being tested:

apprendre-la-guitare-tout-seul.gif

Take that Tom Henderson.

Last edited:

Bry0

I had thoughts that the Digital PS5 is already the Slim and a PS5 refresh with 40CU RDNA 3.5 is all we'll get in terms of a Pro.

PS5 with 40 RDNA 3.5 CUs at the same clock of 2.23GHz is 20,55 TF.
Double the PS5's 10.27 TF.
Yeah but that’s only because of the dual issue shader support, doesn’t mean it’s 2x faster. In reality per cu uplift is something like 20% in games at best. Look at a 7600 vs a 6600xt. Same CUs. Barely any difference. I would think a pro would need to be a bigger chip, more cus, and maybe a price bump up $100-$200 for it to really feel like an upgrade. If he has info on memory and WGPs that would help estimate if Sony is going for a bigger chip, or just a small efficiency and performance bump without having to raise prices. Another path that maybe makes sense would be doing like you say and staying at 40cu on a more efficient node with rdna 3/3.5 but also adding in some accelerators for some kind of proprietary Sony RT acceleration/DLSS equivalent.

Last edited:
My Strix gl702vs has running everything this gen could have offer, I dont mind getting a ps5 PRO if it actually looks near as a decent pc.

Top Bottom