• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex-Zodiac -- The 16-bit Star Fox of your dreams.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
This hit early access today with 6 main and 6 bonus levels (will be double that in the final game)

It's an absolutely pitch perfect homage to the original SNES-era Star Fox, with the benefit of hindsight (and 60fps gameplay). There are also some nice Space Harrier and A.B. Cop nods in there, and a little sprinkle of Panzer Dragoon for good measure. Really well done.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Bought it today after I saw Wario64 tweet about it and I'm looking forward to playing. Recently replayed Star Fox 64 after decades and it was just as fun as I'd remembered.

Holammer

Was thinking about buying this tonight.
How is the framerate? That will lead to my final decision.
No 120/240 options (boo!)
But it runs at a solid 60. There are 15, 20 & 30fps modes for purists that want a more authentic SNES-like experience.

Tried the demo during a Steam Next event and enjoyed it, for just 8€ it's a no brainer.

Saber

Gold Member
Still a bit cautelous about it, since when I played the demo I noticed a few bad things about it.

Still keeping my eye on it, but gonna wait to see gameplays and walkthroughs so I can be sure its a good game.

Quasicat

I know the Kickstarter was also pushing for a Switch version. I’m kind of hoping to see it hit Xbox as well since that would look incredible at 4k/60.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Will buy once finished
Worth noting that the early access is heavily discounted at $9, and the final game will be $15 at launch. Which is still very reasonable of course, but it makes EA feel like the better deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom