• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ex CD Projekt Red developers will be announcing a new studio later today named REBEL WOLVES. | UE 5 next gen

Because cdprojekt and techland became woke. Well, this new studio might be different since it's smaller, but I'm not too optimistic.
What is woke about dying light 2? Not played it.

And isn’t cyberpunk supposed to be a dystopian hellhole or is there something extra woke about it…?

I’m not going to be cynical about this new game until I see it.

Last edited:

samoilaaa

And isn’t cyberpunk supposed to be a dystopian hellhole or is there something extra woke about it…?

some people just like to be negative , its one thing to not be optimistic but to say that the game will be woke without any proof its just ...im not even gonna say it

Last edited:

ToxicWeeb

Banned

Cdprojekt is basically like any AAA company now, rainbow flags all over their social media, they keep telling about how diverse their team is, about how they hired tons of women. It's over for them.

Dying Light 2 has two major red flags: they changed some cute npc for some ugly cuban actress and plastered her face all over the marketing. And this:

6f3KMux.jpeg

I can't tell for sure if the game is woke or not just because of that, but things are not looking good...

Cdprojekt is basically like any AAA company now, rainbow flags all over their social media, they keep telling about how diverse their team is, about how they hired tons of women. It's over for them.

Dying Light 2 has two major red flags: they changed some cute npc for some ugly cuban actress and plastered her face all over the marketing. And this:

6f3KMux.jpeg

I can't tell for sure if the game is woke or not just because of that, but things are not looking good...
Lol how about they get some diversity in talent/management skills…

Well I wasn’t interested in dying light so w/e. Maybe we can get a witcher 4 that’s good but after cyberpunk i’m not holding my breath too much.

Honestly i’m getting really tired of long ass bloated open world games so they have to really stand out for me to care… I honestly don’t know how people are so excited for things like dying light / horizon after so many of these.

This new game might be promising though.

ToxicWeeb

Banned
Lol how about they get some diversity in talent/management skills…

Well I wasn’t interested in dying light so w/e. Maybe we can get a witcher 4 that’s good but after cyberpunk i’m not holding my breath too much.

Honestly i’m getting really tired of long ass bloated open world games so they have to really stand out for me to care… I honestly don’t know how people are so excited for things like dying light / horizon after so many of these.

This new game might be promising though.
Yeah, same. If this new crpg manages to be a real rpg with choices and builds then it's already better than most open world games as far as I'm concerned.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Tomaszkiewicz said the studio is targeting a 2025 release date for this first game — and the company said in a press release that it will be hiring to fill roles “in the coming months.” The goal is to “create a medium size studio with a cap of about 80 people,” Tomaszkiewicz said. He’s funding Rebel Wolves “by myself,” and the studio is “searching for business partners on this journey.”

So 2026 then huh?

Braag

There are already a few ex CDPR / ex Techland dev studios in Poland. Flying Wild Hog is one of those studios and they make Shadow Warrior games. Hopefully these guys manage to do some cool stuff.

Denton

There are already a few ex CDPR / ex Techland dev studios in Poland. Flying Wild Hog is one of those studios and they make Shadow Warrior games. Hopefully these guys manage to do some cool stuff.
Almost every polish developer worked at CDPR at one point or another. It is like a burnout incubator.

Top Bottom