• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evil Dead: The Game will be free on EGS next week.

MiguelItUp

If this were to be free I'd highly recommend everyone jump on! Game is actually pretty damn good, even more so if you're an Evil Dead fan. I should hop back into it. I stopped playing for a bit cause there were some issues with hackers. But I think they've taken care of it since then. They've also added a bit more content.

Forsythia

That's very fast. And while I like getting the game for free on pc, won't this turn the game into hell due to all cheaters getting multiple free copies (like happened with DbD)?

MiguelItUp

That's very fast. And while I like getting the game for free on pc, won't this turn the game into hell due to all cheaters getting multiple free copies (like happened with DbD)?
So it IS true and is apparently only free from November 17th - November 22nd. But you get to keep it forever. I'm not sure what they've put in place to counter cheating, but I'd like to think it's been working. Hopefully.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Wow, that was fast. A friend of mine want to play this game with me for months and now i dont even have to spend anything. Perfect.

MiguelItUp

Is this coming over to Steam soon then or what?
I figured it's probably got the standard 1 year exclusive on EGS or something? That seems to be standard with a lot of their "exclusives." Predator Hunting Grounds and Chivalry 2 for example. Probably just them seeing if they can get a bump in traffic or something. I mean, it is a AA title after all, but it is a lot of fun IMO. Especially if you're an ED fan.

I'm not sure what kind of content they have planned for ED, but they seem to have added quite a bit, and there appears to be more on the way.

Last edited:

fermcr

Forget about the Evil Dead game... go play the great game called Shadow Tactics, that Epic are offering this week.

drotahorror

Looks like that EGS exclusive worked out great. Game's heart stopped and now they're bringin out the paddles.

Damn shame, would have been a day 1 for me on Steam and plenty other folks I'm sure.

Togh

I'm in! I played the shit out of Friday The 13th: The Game and to me it's way more fun than Dead by Daylight. I wanted to play Predator: Hunting Grounds but it was too expensive here where I live and now the game is kinda dead now but I have high hopes for the Evil Dead game

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Supposedly there is some single player content. Is the coop against AI or other people?
You can choose vs ai demon or pvp
I'm in! I played the shit out of Friday The 13th: The Game and to me it's way more fun than Dead by Daylight. I wanted to play Predator: Hunting Grounds but it was too expensive here where I live and now the game is kinda dead now but I have high hopes for the Evil Dead game
Evil dead is way better than any of those games

Gamezone

Gold Member
Something tells me Evil Dead is already dying and it's a move to increase the playerbase. They're giving it away awfully quick, the game released in late spring.

Probably. On Steam we're able to see concurrent players on each game. Not so much on EGS.

Hugare

Something tells me Evil Dead is already dying and it's a move to increase the playerbase. They're giving it away awfully quick, the game released in late spring.
Paid multiplayer game in 2022 is a risky choice

Especially for a kinda nichy proprrty like Evil Dead

That Killer Clows from Outher Space game will also be dead on arrival. I also expect the same for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game.

Top Bottom