• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everything Sony does to make PS5 more popular benefits me as a PlayStation consumer

Thirty7ven

Banned
I've owned all all 4 playstation systems. Currently own a psp and ps2. Sold the rest.

I dont hate playstation. I hate the moneyhatting bullshit rampant in the industry, and Sony is more prevalent than most with it.

Drop your condescending reductive schtick.

Brother, you can’t spend time on this forum saying Xbox/PC are your platform of choice and that you refuse to buy a PS4 and then turn around and act like you are this impartial dude who owns/owned PlayStation.

Own up to the vibes you send. There’s no need flip flop.

No need to write around it, pal. I'm not saying Sony can't do it, I'm saying blocking superior versions of the game is probably quite clever, if a bit underhanded.

It's also pretty damn entitled. "Our console is the weakest, so we'll pay for there not to be any comparisons."

Don't you think?
Do you not understand what the word entitlement means?

Entitlement: "belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges."

A platform holder acquiring exclusive content can never be argued as being entitlement. Its quite the opposite. Its a recognition that they're not entitled to that content and they enter negotiations to secure the rights to that content. Microsoft has secured the rights to 22 pieces of exclusive software for their user base already. Sony is securing the rights to content for their user base. Nintendo has already done so and will continue to do so. Its the way the game works.

Your platform is only as valuable as the content it holds. Nobody is here to play specs. You can have the best specs or services but if consumers don't like your content, you might as well not exist.

teezzy

Banned
Brother, you can’t spend time on this forum saying Xbox/PC are your platform of choice and that you refuse to buy a PS4 and then turn around and act like you are this impartial dude who owns/owned PlayStation.

I'm not flip flopping on anything. I'm being honest with my thoughts and experience. I've never once said I refuse to buy a PS4 - I used to own one.

It seems exactly the opposite. Where is the outrage over The Medium?

Exatcly!

There were a bunch of "world premie - console exclusive" on MS event and I didnt see anyone making a thread and crying about It.

If anything, it was MS who started this strategy of reaching third parties to sign exclusive content and DLCs wich began there in PS3/X360 era with GTAIV GAY Tommy and later on Tomb Raider games. You can count Rysen son of Rome because it was from a known third party developer also (cryteck).

But apperantly, Just a mere character whom Sony have acquired an expensive license long before the Avengers game that would not even be present on the game (so its more like an extra content, not something taken out) is enough for so much cry.

Mmnow

Do you not understand what the word entitlement means?

Entitlement: "belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges."

A platform holder acquiring exclusive content can never be argued as being entitlement. Its quite the opposite. Its a recognition that they're not entitled to that content and they enter negotiations to secure the rights to that content. Microsoft has secured the rights to 22 pieces of exclusive software for their user base already. Sony is securing the rights to content for their user base. Nintendo has already done so and will continue to do so. Its the way the game works.

Your platform is only as valuable as the content it holds. Nobody is here to play specs. You can have the best specs or services but if consumers don't like your content, you might as well not exist.
Of course I do. They want customers to buy their version of the game, despite it likely being the worst.

So they force it or add inconvenience to those that don't use their platform. That sounds like "belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges" to me.

Banned
But apperantly, Just a mere character whom Sony have acquired an expensive license long before the Avengers game that would not even be present on the game (so its more like an extra content, not something taken out) is enough for so much cry.

Sony does not have the exclusive licence for Spider-Man as a character. at leat we have no official source for such a claim.
last year Nintendo release an exclusive Switch game that had Spider-Man in it with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

so we have no confirmation that Sony has any exclusive licence deal for the character, but we know for sure that they didn't get an exclusive license when they made Spider-Man on PS4, since we saw Spider-Man on a competitors system since then.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
Exatcly!

There were a bunch of "world premie - console exclusive" on MS event and I didnt see anyone making a thread and crying about It.

If anything, it was MS who started this strategy of reaching third parties to sign exclusive content and DLCs wich began there in PS3/X360 era with GTAIV GAY Tommy and later on Tomb Raider games. You can count Rysen son of Rome because it was from a known third party developer also (cryteck).

World premiere does not equal timed exclusive lol. No one cares about some character in the avengers game. They care about Sony spending 750 million to buy a monopoly with COD or GTA 6. Only the Sony warriors want a Sony monopoly and buying COD or GTA 6 ends the series x. People would care just as much if Microsoft spent 2 billion to buy fifa and madden.

Last edited:

KAOS

Game Libraries, smart delivery and good services are important to me which is why I'm picking up an XsX! On the other hand Exclusives, exclusive content or timed exclusives are also important to me which is why I'm picking up a PS 5!

Sony needs to do this! Where would they be if they didn't?!?

Vawn

Banned
World premiere does not equal timed exclusive lol. No one cares about some character in the avengers game. They care about Sony spending 750 million to buy a monopoly with COD or GTA 6. Only the Sony warriors want a Sony monopoly and buying COD or GTA 6 ends the series x. People would care just as much if Microsoft spent 2 billion to buy fifa and madden.

Not World Premiere - but "Console Launch Exclusive". That literally means it will be on Xbox and PC before PS5. And that's because MS paid for it.

Jason28

Has a tiny dick and smaller e-peen
Listen, everything is very simple. If you want to play a timed-exclusive game, you have 2 options:
1. Buy PS5 and play the game now
2. Wait until the game appears on your shitty hw.
Otherwise, STFU.
That's all you can do, folks.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats not the always the case, currently Sony's first party western developers very popular and they will doubling down on that while ignoring the first party Japanese games.

You don't understand what's like to be neutral. Much to learn young padawan.

Top Bottom