• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everything shown running on Xbox Series X and PS5 so far

Given that I've seen a lot of people arguing about what we have seen running on PS5 or XSX I decided to try to list everything shown so far running on these machines, I'm not going to include the "representative" stuff and if I'm missing something, please tell me. I'll be updating the list as more things are revealed.

Current Gen games running on the XSX:
Quick Resume Demo with Hellblade, State of Decay 2, Ori and the Blind Forest and Forza Motorsport 7

00:00 Gears 5 at 4K/60 w/ lots of graphical upgrades over the Xbox One version and 08:20 Minecraft fully path traced

Current Gen games running on the PS5:
Loading demonstration with Spiderman

Next Gen games running on XSX:
The Medium, it is running on Xbox Series X acording to the description

Haven

Next Gen games running on PS5:
From 05:55 until 1:06:50 everything shown is running on a PS5, not listing every individual trailer, but there are 25 games here (not counting GTA 5)
9kOUTEf.jpg

Individual games shown:
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Gran Turismo 7
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
Project Athia
Stray
Returnal
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Destruction Allstars
Kena: Bridge of Spirits
Goodbye Volcano High
Oddworld: Soulstorm
Ghostwire: Tokyo
Jett: The Far Shore
Godfall
Solar Ash
Hitman 3
Astro's Playroom
Little Devil Inside
NBA 2K21
Bugsnax
Demon's Souls
Deathloop
Resident Evil Village
Pragmata
Horizon Forbidden West

The Pathless

Godfall

Bugsnax

Astro's Playroom starts at

Gotham Knights (You can see the Circle icon when Batgirl is opening the door at 4:50)

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Extended Demo

Quantum Error

Bonus: Lumen in the Land of Nanite

Last edited:
ITT

dismiss all Xbox Series X games running in development environment

give a pass to all PS5 games running on developer kits

what possible can go wrong?
To be fair, I didn't include the things where they outright said "representative of the experience on Xbox Series X".

Never mind Sony. Their next gen console is releasing in 3 months and they haven't shown any next gen games running on it. This shit would be be weird af even if they had zero competition.
To be fair Sony waited pretty late to show actual games or even their usual tech demos.

But MS must be making some serious efforts to beat some Guiness world record here.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Lol no agendas here at all
Agenda or not.. it's rather shocking.

Now for 100% accuracy sake; OP should indicate most of what we've seen on PS5 are cinematic presentations not gameplay.. and we have no idea how much of it is actually real time on PS5..

But MS literally showing NOTHING on XSX that isn't a BC title less than 3 months from release is just bizarre.

I know it'll just get dismissed as fanboyism, but I really do wonder if something has gone wrong with XSS/X development for us to have seen this little running on the actual hardware. Hardware that's meant to be on store shelves in just a few months time.

It's like MS weren't prepared for next gen, but had also given up on current gen already too.

Last edited:

BigLee74

And the point of this thread is? Do you think the XSX is vapourware, or isn't ready? Are you going to update this in the next month or so when every game is shown on an XSX, including the 1000s of backwards compatible titles?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
And the point of this thread is? Do you think the XSX is vapourware, or isn't ready? Are you going to update this in the next month or so when every game is shown on an XSX, including the 1000s of backwards compatible titles?

we all know what the point of this thread is.
Ps5 got bad news today(launch title delay). MS got good news(critically acclaimed game, bunch of game pass game).

Gotta even the scales!

Last edited:
There's a misconception that we haven't seen anything running on the Series X which is not true and I wanted to put everything we have seen actually running on XSX and PS5 in one place. And if those 1000 BC games you say have ray tracing or a 120fps mode and we have a showcase of that, I'll try to add them too.

Ps5 got bad news today(launch title delay). MS got good news(critically acclaimed game, bunch of game pass game).

Gotta even the scales!
And you would have no issues with this thread if it was the other way around. Again be mad at MS. Make them do better

Gotta even the scales!

Well if you feel that the OP left anything out please let him know.

He will update like he did with The Medium.

Which is on the XSX BTW.

rapid32.5

lack of E3 puts no pressure on big three, quite sad representation of next gen. I feel unfazed playing my backlog and nobody is getting my money thus far.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
I appreciate OP's clear effort in throwing this post together, but I'm not much clearer on what GAMES have actually been shown on either console.

PS5: Ratchet & Clank looks good. Legit game running on next gen hardware..

Xbox: The Medium looks good. Running on Series X. Some additional back compat stuff.

Everything else shown has been cinematic trailers BS (Sonys big list is 90+% CGI trailers). No knock on HZD2, Demons Souls, Miles Morales, Hellblade 2 (they all look sick), but that type of showcase of CGI doesn't do it for me.

I want gameplay. Take out all the CGI crap and both consoles have an extreme lack of actual gameplay with consoles launching in 3 months.

Ar¢tos

I appreciate OP's clear effort in throwing this post together, but I'm not much clearer on what GAMES have actually been shown on either console.

PS5: Ratchet & Clank looks good. Legit game running on next gen hardware..

Xbox: The Medium looks good. Running on Series X. Some additional back compat stuff.

Everything else shown has been cinematic trailers BS (Sonys big list is 90+% CGI trailers). No knock on HZD2, Demons Souls, Miles Morales, Hellblade 2 (they all look sick), but that type of showcase of CGI doesn't do it for me.

I want gameplay. Take out all the CGI crap and both consoles have an extreme lack of actual gameplay with consoles launching in 3 months.

90%?... OK...

Top Bottom