• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every PlayStation Launch Game, From PS1 To PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The PS5 is upon us, so let’s take a trip down memory lane by looking back on all the PlayStation launch titles and seeing how they stack up to the latest console.

Every console has to launch with games, right? Sometimes those games are good and sometimes they’re bad, but they’re always remembered as the games that launched alongside said system. With the PlayStation 5 quite literally around the corner we thought now would be a good time to look back at all the PlayStation launches starting with the first PlayStation in 1994 (1995 in America).

The first PlayStation began with titles like the original Rayman, a Crystal Dynamics game known as Total Eclipse Turbo, and Ridge Racer (you’ll be seeing plenty of that franchise in this video). The PlayStation 2 had some Rockstar games, a bunch of ESPN titles, and a FromSoftware game about a ring--if you can believe it. The PlayStation 3, meanwhile, had Call of Duty, Madden, NBA, and NFL--all those sports games you love. Finally, the PlayStation 4 had Assassin’s Creed, and Knack, but unfortunately no Ridge Racer. Of course, there's a bunch of games alongside those, so tune in to see all those games too.

The PlayStation 5 will launch on November 12 in some regions and November 19 in others, with titles like Demon Souls, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, and Sackboy: A Big Adventure available at launch.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’d say the PS5 has the best launch lineup to date. I had the demo disc with my PS1. It was good at the time. PS2 I had Kessen and Tekken Tag. PS3 I had Resistance Fall of Man. PS4 I had AC and Resogun. PS5 takes it home with CoD, Demon’s Souls, and other various games. Especially having Cyberpunk 2077 to be played on it. I’d say hands down PS5’s is the best.

PS5 launch line up is so good, honestly. Gotta look at somebody sideways when you hear them say PS5 lineup is trash. Like GTFO.

nobody-cares-gif43ae496bf411d34c.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
AAA developers largely choose to release years after release with new hardware that being said I still thought we’d get Halo 6

I tried to look at it, but this is typical gaming journalists, there is no depth, they barely show any gameplay footage of any games... The comments are shallow at best, it feels like it was done by someone who knows nothing about gaming.

So I finished the PSX portion and left them a thumbs down.

Why not have some random gaming youtuber do the same thing, it could be worth my time.

I tried to look at it, but this is typical gaming journalists, there is no depth, they barely show any gameplay footage of any games... The comments are shallow at best, it feels like it was done by someone who knows nothing about gaming.

So I finished the PSX portion and left them a thumbs down.

Why not have some random gaming youtuber do the same thing, it could be worth my time.

That's exactly what I thought. I don't remember some of these, and I would have really liked to have seen gameplay. What a trash video.

-Arcadia-

Banned
PS5 launch line up is so good, honestly. Gotta look at somebody sideways when you hear them say PS5 lineup is trash. Like GTFO.

In terms of first party, Sony has delivered. DS is a genuine next-gen game for launch, in a time where such things are difficult, Spider-Man looks great even if it’s cross-gen, and LittleBigPlanet World just looks like a really fun, Nintendo-style platformer.

That’s a great start, and hits a range of tastes. I probably missed some stuff like Bugsnax too.

Third party, though? One big meh. It’s all the same uninspired stuff we’ve been getting all this generation, with the PS5 acting as an upgrade console, like the PS4 Pro. I couldn’t be much less excited for this aspect, even if I’m looking forward to playing some of these games in top form.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I have a soft spot for resistance, and motor storm, even though the latter wasn't really a launch game, more launch window

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
From a quality standpoint, PS5 is the strongest IMO with Spider-man Miles Morales, Demon Souls, Call of Duty Cold War, Astro's Playroom, Sackboy, and The Pathless

Magog.

Banned
Watch Dogs Legion is the best playstation launch game. Probably my favorite open world game of all time. The living world they have with all of the interconnected NPC relationships is stellar.

ethomaz

Banned
PS1 and PS2 are the only good ones
PS2 launch titles were very weak... only the first year releases (that match the US launch) was good.
I need to check PS1 launch but I don't remember it being something to grab about... the post launch titles that makes it stronger.

Last edited:
Top Bottom