• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Game I Have on Switch Love.... Except....

I'm playing Darksiders 3 right now and already this is one of my favorite games.

So far I own quite a few Nintendo Switch games and I have not been disappointed by one.

There is one exception. Animal Crossing.

And it's not because I think it's a bad game. I bought it because I figured I'd play online eventually with other friends who have it or something and just to see what the fuss is about. This is just not my type of game. I really don't like micromanaging everything and I can't get very far. I have cockroaches running through my house and my house is about the size of a shed.

I just can't get myself to expand and build more. I haven't touched the game and maybe a year and a half at least.

Like I said, it is no fault of the game itself. I can see why people love this game and more power to them but I just really don't find it entertaining at all.

But Diablo 3, Darksiders 3, Trials of Mana remake, the Metro games, Bloodstained and so many other games I bought for my Switch I have nothing but good to say about. I feel like most games are like this nowadays and they're actually just good. There really doesn't seem to be that many actual bad games out there these days, at least like it used to be.

I feel like it's more like there's less originality. For instance, I'm a huge fan of Legacy of Kain and Darksiders and the market just doesn't seem to want games like that anymore. Which sucks because those are some of my favorite types of games. I'm still holding out for a Darksiders 4.

By the way I'm very console neutral and this is no way worshiping the Switch. I'm not a console warrior and I like and love PlayStation and Xbox for their own reasons. I include PC with that as well. All have their pros and cons but overall I love them all. But Switch is the one I own right now and my collection is just great. No disappointments sans the game that wasn't really meant for me anyways.

I do kind of wish we would get Metro Exodus on Switch eventually. The two games of Metro on Switch are great.

Quasicat

I’ll be the first to admit, it’s not for everybody, but holy cow did Animal Crossing get its hooks into me. I hate the items that break, and the crafting really stinks as it’s in almost every game now, but it’s so relaxing to fish and hunt for bugs. Plus after awhile, it’s so customizable that I completely destroyed and rebuilt my island.

Everyone has their favorites. Apparently Animal Crossing is the most played game on my Switch:

kgECciS.jpg

Kataploom

Gold Member
I’ll be the first to admit, it’s not for everybody, but holy cow did Animal Crossing get its hooks into me. I hate the items that break, and the crafting really stinks as it’s in almost every game now, but it’s so relaxing to fish and hunt for bugs. Plus after awhile, it’s so customizable that I completely destroyed and rebuilt my island.

Everyone has their favorites. Apparently Animal Crossing is the most played game on my Switch:

kgECciS.jpg
Well, yeah... your profile seems to say so, like, out loud haha of all the games I've bought to Nintendo since I first got a Switch, Animal Crossing is the one I feel I spent the best on... And I don't even play it, but right now my gf must probably be around double what you've clocked, that's a hell of value if you ask me!

I also love most of the games I have on Switch, but My Time at Portia is a terrible version of the game. It's a shame because I believe it sold best on Switch but got the least support of any of the versions of the game. That's on the devs.

Umbasaborne

Banned
For 90 percent of my switch friends new horizons is their most played game, im talking hour counts in the thousands. For me, i put about 200 in before i bounced. It was fun for me while it lasted though! Perfect pandemic game in many ways. I actually find myself returning to new leaf more often than new horizons

Power Pro

Every Animal Crossing game since the DS game has been still too much of samey for me with each iteration, even with the small things they've added over the years, they often don't keep bringing forward stuff that does work. I was one of those first people who actually preordered the Gamecube game when it came out, and always appreciated it's different style of gameplay, so I'm not an AC hater, but the series refuses to evolve, and each new entry refuses to just let the player just do what they want sometimes. It always seems like they embrace more rules and restrictions rather than opening the game up more to let the player fuck around and have fun.

At some point, all the decorating doesn't mean anything if you can't interact with anything in any meaningful way also. Can't tell me they couldn't thought of some ways to change up the gameplay in 20 years. I'm still convinced that the Switch game sold so well because the games were also so limited being half baked like the Wii game, or stuck on a handheld only system like the 3DS one. My mom loves the series, but she can't see the small handheld screen of the 3DS, so she never played that one, and was frustrated she had to wait for so long since the Wii to get a new game on her tv.

Nintendo is very frustrating, because they got one of the most successful consoles ever, but they are sailing out autopilot with so many of their games and IPs on the platform. A lot of people like to say "Buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games", but that's actually not been true for the Switch at all in my case. There is so much more better third party titles that with a few exceptions like a Pokemon, Fire Emblem, or a Zelda, 90% of my Switch library is third party, and I don't even feel like playing the Nintendo games I do own most of the time.

Quasicat

Well, yeah... your profile seems to say so, like, out loud haha of all the games I've bought to Nintendo since I first got a Switch, Animal Crossing is the one I feel I spent the best on... And I don't even play it, but right now my gf must probably be around double what you've clocked, that's a hell of value if you ask me!
It surprised me when I looked it up. I know I played it a lot when I was working remote during Covid, but I didn’t realize it was that much! If things had been normal around here, I probably wouldn’t have played it that much!

kgECciS.jpg
Yeah you kind of make me want to force myself to play it. It's just me and I really don't blame the game but maybe I should try and give it more of a chance.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
My wife has a retarded amount of time spent in AC. It’s not for me either and I always found them boring but they know what their audience wants.

anthony2690

Banned
I also really didn't like Animal Crossing I gave it 10 hours and decided I couldn't bare to do another mundane task ever again.

My other half on the other hand has something silly like 250+ hours and loves it.

She is currently enjoying the Disney game now though.

Top Bottom