• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every Game Designer in the World Thinks DualSense Is a Lovely Toy, Says Arkane Dev.

kuncol02

Banned
Sony should mandate that every game on the platform must make use of the controller's full feature set. I'd love to see it.
That's amazing idea. Best part of early PS3 games were forced gyro segments. Everyone loved shooting in Havenly Sword, Killzone bombs arming and whole control scheme of Lair.

Hostile_18

Banned
Anyone else triggered by the word "toy"!? 😂

It's a beautiful melding of technology, innovation and imagination that provides a gateway to unlimited worlds of possibility, the likes of which will never be seen again in our life time.

Shmunter

lol, I didn't said the fault is MS. I said developers don't want develop different control settings for consoles, its difficult to find a multi platform game using Gyro or trackpad of DS4.
No you’re right. Lowest common denominator, low hanging fruit. If ms had some of the same features, 3rd party would support it.

thelastword

Banned
Are people really triggered because a French developer used the word toy. He used toy because he is referring to the many things they can do with it, to up the fun whilst playing videogames. Videogames are things you play, funny innit....

The most advanced controller is getting lots of love from developers and it's only one part of the PS5 package, people expecting little usage of the haptics and comparing it to the trackpad on DS4 will be severely disappointed. Pretty much all devs are excited and will be using the DualSense haptics and triggers as Dinga said, he's just not talking because many other devs have expressed their enthusiasm for it.......Even going back to the DS4, the trackpad and speaker had some awesome implementations this gen. it was great for us who played those games. It's just good to innovate on hardware period, and I know who the pessimistic persons are in this thread, but look how MS has now copied the share button, they now have a mic jack on the controller. Eventually they will go with an internal battery too, they're just a bit stubborn on that one, maybe a little pride is holding them back there....

And you can bet your money, that in a year or two, MS will announce a controller with haptics and the full featureset like DualSense and hype it a storm. It's inevitable......Will be interesting to see the feedback from some of the pessimists here, when that happens....

oagboghi2

Are people really triggered because a French developer used the word toy. He used toy because he is referring to the many things they can do with it, to up the fun whilst playing videogames. Videogames are things you play, funny innit....

The most advanced controller is getting lots of love from developers and it's only one part of the PS5 package, people expecting little usage of the haptics and comparing it to the trackpad on DS4 will be severely disappointed. Pretty much all devs are excited and will be using the DualSense haptics and triggers as Dinga said, he's just not talking because many other devs have expressed their enthusiasm for it.......Even going back to the DS4, the trackpad and speaker had some awesome implementations this gen. it was great for us who played those games. It's just good to innovate on hardware period, and I know who the pessimistic persons are in this thread, but look how MS has now copied the share button, they now have a mic jack on the controller. Eventually they will go with an internal battery too, they're just a bit stubborn on that one, maybe a little pride is holding them back there....

And you can bet your money, that in a year or two, MS will announce a controller with haptics and the full featureset like DualSense and hype it a storm. It's inevitable......Will be interesting to see the feedback from some of the pessimists here, when that happens....
No one will care except you, because you think MS "copying" a feature it's somehow a win for Sony in this console war that is running in your head.

Grow the fuck up. It's a controller

The 60fps bit in the interview is so stupid.

I really like Sony's new approach to the controller, we'll see how it fares in games. Since the DS3, no one outside Sony's first parties actually cared about the controller's extras.

Shmunter

Microsoft will never make a controller with new features again. Its counter to their cross gen philosophy. Supporting unique features would disqualify the game from prior hardware.

Guilty_AI

Do people actually care about this sort gamepad gimmick? I'm the type to always disable feedback if given the option, its just annoying and pointlessly consumes battery life.

But i do think haptic feedback would be cool with a VR + motion controllers setup.

JonnyMP3

I love the touch pad. Shame there's not much more to use it for, apart from a glorified extra options button in most games.

Top Bottom