• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Every developer under Xbox Game Studios and the games they’re working on

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Thats a whole lot of multiplats come on breh :messenger_neutral: :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Vs

Spiderman MM
God of War 2
Horizon 2
Demon Souls
Death Loop
Death Wire Tokyo
Ratchet and Clank
Final Fantasy 16

plus all the same multiplats

PS5 year 1 is undeniably better. We'll see where it goes from there but my money is on Sony

My list is only from launch through Dec of this year, not the next 2 years. There is a hell of lot more especially 1st & 3rd party exclusives if I wanted to play list wars back & forth but not interested.

All you have through Dec 2020 Is the Spiderman DLC, Demon Souls remaster and some multiplats

VAVA Mk2

Thats a whole lot of multiplats come on breh :messenger_neutral: :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Vs

Spiderman MM
God of War 2
Horizon 2
Demon Souls
Death Loop
Death Wire Tokyo
Ratchet and Clank
Final Fantasy 16

PS5 year 1 is undeniably better. We'll see where it goes from there but my money is on Sony
Death Loop and Ghost Wire Tokyo are now just timed exclusives along with FF.

Humdinger

Looks good, thanks for putting that together. I have my eyes on:

• Fable
  • Starfield
  • Avowed
  • Elder Scrolls VI

I thought Obsidian was working on the sequel to The Outer Worlds? Or is that not confirmed?

I'm really curious what The Initiative is up to, but I guess they're not ready to talk yet.

GQQKK3V.jpg

Warablo

I just remember at the start of last gen it was all about power. Well guess what, Xbox had the most powerful consoles last gen and now this gen. So I will be enjoying most of my third party games on Xbox and PC because I find Xbox more enjoyable platform than Playstation, plus it has more power right at the start. Sony's console can wait. Then I can decide if its worth buying a Sony console for exclusives.

I assume its the reverse for Sony or PC users. At least PC players can play and use game pass without needing a console.

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
EidE1n5XkAUoXKU

Microsoft dropped a bombshell on the video game industry this week by announcing the $7.5 billion acquisition of ZeniMax Media, the company that owns some of the biggest developers in the industry including Bethesda Game Studio, id Software and Arkane Studios. That means classic games like the Fallout series, The Elder Scrolls series, the DOOM series, and more are now under the Xbox Game Studios umbrella.
23 studios are now a part of their roster. But who are these studios and what are they currently working on? Here is a list below:

343 Industries – Created after the departure of Bungie Studios to develop Halo games. Currently working on Halo: Infinite, launching in 2021
Compulsion Games – Acquired in 2018, they developed We Happy Few and recently released the last DLC for the game in late 2019. They are working on an unannounced game.
Double Fine Productions – Acquired in 2019, they developed Psychonauts, Brutal Legend, and Broken Age plus remastered classic games like Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, and Full Throttle. They’re currently developing Psychonauts 2 for launch in 2021
inXile Entertainment – Acquired in 2018, they developed the Wasteland and Bard’s Tale series. They launched Wasteland 3 this year with DLC planned post-launch.
Mojang Studios – Acquired in 2014, Mojang is the company behind Minecraft. The studio launched Minecraft Dungeons this year and has already released two DLC packs for the game, with more to follow.
Ninja Theory – Acquired in 2018, the studio developed Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice and Heavenly Sword. They released Bleeding Edge this year and are currently working on Senua’s Saga: Hellblade II and Project: Mara.
Obsidian Entertainment – Acquired in 2018, they developed Fallout: New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity, and The Outer Worlds. They’re currently working on Grounded, which is in early access, and a big budget first-person RPG based on the lore of Pillars of Eternity: Avowed.
Playground Games – The team behind the Forza Horizon franchise, they’re currently working on the next Fable game and Forza Horizon 5.
Rare – Acquired in 2002, the studio’s claim to fame Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Perfect Dark, and Banjo-Kazooie. They developed and continue to support Sea of Thieves and launched Battletoads, a reboot of the original, this year. They’re currently working on a new IP, Everwild.
The Coalition – The development studio was created after the acquisition of the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games. The studio launched Gears 5 in late 2019.
The Initiative – Created in 2018, the studio is currently working on an unannounced game.
Turn 10 Studios – The developer behind the Forza Motorsport franchise is currently working on the next title in the franchise simply called Forza Motorsport.
Undead Labs – Acquired in 2018, the studio developed the State of Decay series. They’re currently working on State of Decay 3.
World's Edge – Created in 2019, the studio will be developing all the Age of Empires franchise, and maybe other RTS like Age of Mythology. Hard at work on Age of Empires IV.
Bethesda Game Studios – Acquired in 2020, the studio as developed The Elder Scrolls III, IV, and V, and Fallout 3, 4, and 76. They’re currently developed Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI.
id SoftwareAcquired in 2020, they’re the masterminds behind the DOOM franchise and released DOOM Eternal earlier this year.
ZeniMax Online Studios – Acquired in 2020, the studio developed and continue to work on The Elder Scrolls Online.
Arkane – Acquired in 2020, the studio created the Dishonored franchise and assisted in developing Wolfenstein: Youngblood, and Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot. The studio is currently working on Deathloop, a timed exclusive for PlayStation 5, due in 2021.
MachineGames – Acquired in 2020, the studio worked on the Wolfenstein franchise since 2014’s Wolfenstein: The New Order.
Tango Gameworks – Acquired in 2020, the studio is known for The Evil Within franchise. They’re currently developing Ghostwire: Tokyo, a timed exclusive for PlayStation 5 due in 2021.
Alpha Dog – Acquired in 2020, the studio develops mobile games for iOS and Android. Their latest project is Ninja Golf and continues to support MonstroCity: Rampage and Wraithborne.
Roundhouse Studios – Acquired in 2020, this one is interesting. The studio was created by Bethesda Softworks in 2019 with former Human Head Studios developers to work on unannounced games.
Xbox Game Studios Publishing – The publishing arm of the game studios under Xbox Game Studios

A massive legions

Pallas

Gold Member

Vs

Spiderman MM
God of War 2
Horizon 2
Demon Souls
Death Loop
Death Wire Tokyo
Ratchet and Clank
Final Fantasy 16

I will be able to play FF 16 by years end? GoW2 and Horizon Frozen Waste?

Damn.

GymWolf

Impressive list, now we only need to see some gameplay fron these games and maybe a release date, for now it's all very abstract, please be excited doesn't cut anymore.

Last edited:

SaucyJack

I must say it, I will buy a PS5 day one, that hasn't change it, but now I am also planning to purchase a Xbox series X because its first party lineup is now crazy.

my plan is unchanged.

PS5 day one, XSX in 21 or 22 depending on when the games actually come. I don’t think any of the Zenimax studios had a 20/21 game beyond the two that are timed exclusive on PS so that strategy doesn’t change.

In the meantime, GP for PC for a month here and there to rinse through the catalogue.

Last edited:

On Demand

Banned

The funny thing about the Bethesda purchase fanboys bring up about sales and pre orders and seem to forget is that nothing changes in the immediate future. You’re not going to see a proper exclusive roll out of those Zenimax studios until 2022 or 2023 at the earliest. So why would sales be affected? This doesn’t make SX have any compelling first party launch games or Halo not get delayed and not have any development issues. It doesn’t make Sony first party games line up redundant or not anticipated. So again would sales be affected.

And by the time 2023 hits fanboys also assume Sony will be standing still the whole time and not increasing PS5’s software more than they already have currently.

Basically I wouldn’t gloat too much. You’re still playing the waiting game and going off hopes and promises with Xbox sadly.

Last edited:

Hudo

Note: World's Edge are overseeing development of Age of Empires IV, directed by Adam Isgreen. The main grunt of the development is handled by Relic Entertainment (which are owned by Sega).
Additionally: The development of Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition is also overseen by World's Edge but mainly handled by Forgotten Empires and Tantalus Media.

Top Bottom