• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everwild is Something “the World Hasn’t Seen Before” – Lead Designer

martino

Ho no i wasn't aware it was gaas....pffffffff
Tumblr_mkzlhvE9pd1rgjkhbo2_250.gif

Last edited:
I heard that before about Death Stranding and i still want my 10 hours back i put into this boring piece of shit.

I actually liked and enjoyed DS BUT i think i couldn't stand reading bor watching any interview with Kojima. That self smelling farts ego...the bullshit he makes up the game is about.....its something new, its stranding with other people. While yes people together build something together its not even real time and all those HELLO...I AM HERE....voices, that aint real time thats just an echo left from their structure. Its like the guy never played a multiplayer game and doesnt know what voice chat is or real time teamwork.

Riky

$MSFT
Sounds interesting, we need to see some gameplay but it obviously isn't going to be in the Gears/Halo mould so it will be welcome.

According to Rare’s James Blackham, lead designer on the game, it’s going to be quite a unique experience. Taking to LinkedIn, Blackham said that Everwild is “something the world doesn’t have and hasn’t seen before”, saying, “Something unique is brewing at Rare.”
When someone says this, usually would have been better if no one saw the thing they speak about

I'm worried lol

Krisprolls

Banned

According to Rare’s James Blackham, lead designer on the game, it’s going to be quite a unique experience. Taking to LinkedIn, Blackham said that Everwild is “something the world doesn’t have and hasn’t seen before”, saying, “Something unique is brewing at Rare.”

They didn't even know what Everwild would be a few months ago, it wasn't even a concept, so it looks a bit early to hype it up. Especially with their track record.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's some generic LinkedIn "EverWild is going to be unique" postings..

It truly sounds like the game is still barely off the ground. Snippet from the ad:

When was the last time you boldly stepped into the unknown, threw away the map and forged your own path?

The Everwild team are doing just that. We are a diverse group of people who want to create a game the world does not have. Our heads are full of ambition and our backpacks crammed with passion to bring players an adventure that celebrates the wonder and mystery of nature in a magical world.

We're searching for fellow explorers, dreamers and magic-makers who share our desire and want to be part of Rare’s latest ground-breaking game.

This is a Senior Design role, so you’ve already been on a few adventures of your own. Bring us your experience and leadership and we’ll give you the chance to test and grow your skills in a team that cares deeply about their game and each other.

Here’s what you’ll need to pack for this adventure:
  • A vivid imagination, brimming with ideas that you can take from conception, through prototyping and into production.
  • Plenty of blank paper and pens. We’re drawing new maps - not following old ones - so you must be self-motivated to stride confidently into the unknown.
  • Problem solving in preparation for not knowing what’s over the horizon. Creating new experiences means tackling challenges that you may not have encountered before.

The stuff the article links to is just some dorky posts from the heads of Rare's creative teams echoing the ad posting.

IntentionalPun

They didn't even know what Everwild would be a few months ago, it wasn't even a concept, so it looks a bit early to hype it up. Especially with their track record.
It's LinkedIn postings.. it's not them hyping up what they've created, it's them advertising a job for people interested in creating a "unique" game.

And none of this shit is meant to be reported on by the media lol, not like they hyped it in an interview or something.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Man stuff like this always deflates my hype right into the netherrealm.

Just make a good fuckin' (action) adventure game. It's okay if you're doing a prettier version of BOTW, guys. We'd lap that shit up.

So basically lets ban any developer marketing / selling /saying even good things about their games to not hurt your feelings.
Yeah, wont work.

IntentionalPun

I would think you guys get sick of all the Ubisoft templated stuff full of map markers, towers, and such. I had no idea so many on here want more of the same. :LOL:

Why is this surprising? Those kind of games exist in spades because they sell well. They sell well because people think they are fun; including people on this forum.

I've been playing Scrabble my entire life because it's fun; same with Chess. What I find bizarre is people hating on others liking games that have some familiarity.

Granted I don't "hate" games that try to be unique.. but it's hilarious how up their own ass people can be about liking "unique" things vs "familiar" things.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

That's actually incorrect.

They used a vague quote to describe a game in active development and certain people tried to pile on using the least generous interpretation of said quote.

Keihart

I bet it's going to be unique, they did the trailer before even knowing what the game was going to be lmao

VN1X

Banned
So basically lets ban any developer marketing / selling /saying even good things about their games to not hurt your feelings.
Yeah, wont work.
That's not what I meant lol.

When devs/publishers start to phrase shit like this it always comes down to it being some "brand new type of experience unlike anything come before it" which just reeks of it being some experimental half-assed nonsense. And definitely not something I want from Rare right now (I'm a gamer and I deserve to be heard damnit!).

Give me their A game. Leave the marketing speak at home.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

When devs/publishers start to phrase shit like this it always comes down to it being some "brand new type of experience unlike anything come before it" which just reeks of it being some experimental half-assed nonsense. And definitely not something I want from Rare right now (I'm a gamer and I deserve to be heard damnit!).

Translation: I want another formulaic game we've all played hundreds of times before.

JLB

Banned

Theres thousands of amazing AAA games where devs say exactly this. I dont think even a quick google is well worth it to verify :)

Anaways, good Monday, just wanted to squeeze my jackass nerve a bit.

One of the best looking games shown off last summer, IMO. Been waiting for more info/trailers to drop.

Have no idea what the game is really about, but that teaser trailer has me pretty hyped for it.

VN1X

Banned
Translation: I want another formulaic game we've all played hundreds of times before.
Yup that's exactly what I said when I say I want their A-game. Lord have mercy...

Also formulaic isn't a bad thing per se. The tried and true can still be something captivating.

sobaka770

Banned
I mean Sea of Thieves is certainly... unique. The graphics look good but there really needs to be a good gameplay loop in there. How do you even design a game art first?

Top Bottom