• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Even If I never bought another game I'd still never get through my backlog

saintjules

I have my fair share of backlog. I started an excel spreadsheet a few months ago, but got tired at adding all the names.

Some of the games in backlog goes back to the PS3 era. I think at this point I'll just focus on current and the previous gen games.

I still have a few sealed games that I'm not sure when I'll get to. On the up side, the games will probably be updated to the most recent patches, so there's that lol.

Fuz

Banned
I'm not a big spender and I am the same. No way I will ever play all the games I have and intend to play.

Don't think of it as a checklist of things you need to "finish" or "accomplish" in your life, and more of a personal library that you have access to forever, and can enjoy if you want, or never touch if you don't have the time. As I get older, I think sometimes it's better to change your mindset, to let go of things rather than clutch at everything in your near vicinity.

No point in stressing yourself out over games especially games that you already brought. Just focus on making time to play the games you have a urge to play and don’t buy anymore games on impulse.

RAIDEN1

I was thinking of buying Huntdown and Dead or Alive 4 but then I thought....hmmmm....better not yet....I'm still waiting for Cowabunga Collection, not to mention I need to go through my backlog on the PS4....(God of War, Star Wars, Batman...Call of Duty...Ninja Warriors...)

fart town usa

Gold Member
Guilty myself.

ZOclxBf.jpg

K' Dash

I crossed that line more than a decade ago.

You'll get used to it.

I can relate OP, I have a 9 month baby girl and I'm back to college, I turn on my consoles maybe once a month for 30 min.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Why do we do this? I was on the Wii U eShop yesterday buying the Metroid Prime trilogy and some GBA games I know I'll never get to "because oh no it's shutting down". Every day I check my inbox to see if I can order a steam deck yet.

I have a kid now, if I get to play a couple hours a week that's a lot.

What am I doing

Custom firmware that Wii U and just install everything you want that way

Save your money for the kid, brother 🤙

Irobot82

Why do we do this? I was on the Wii U eShop yesterday buying the Metroid Prime trilogy and some GBA games I know I'll never get to "because oh no it's shutting down". Every day I check my inbox to see if I can order a steam deck yet.

I have a kid now, if I get to play a couple hours a week that's a lot.

What am I doing
Man when you're retired at like 70ish and we've extended human life to 120, you get through that shit. For sure man.

Kdad

Yep...I still have games to open (and many opened but not finished) on my PS3 and WiiU. I think i'll be done if/when there is a PS6.

Amory

I am waiting my first kid in 2 months and i am playing all i can (around 4 hours per day) as i know gaming will take a break soon :)
Congrats! It's pretty great. But...the loss of sleep everyone warns you about is true. For the first few months anyway, then it gets way better

Belthazar

I completely stopped buying games on impulse due to being on sale, like those that seem like an unmissable opportunity but ones that you'll end up never playing anyway. I'm slowly digging into my backlog and I'm making progress, while also discovering some pretty good games on my library that I had never touched (like Salt and Sanctuary, Hob, Baldo, Death's Gambit, Children of Morta, etc.). HLTB has been helping tremendously as I'm picking smaller games due to my limited play time

Top Bottom