• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europe Sales Week 14 2021: Animal Crossing passes 1m in Uk and PS5 sells best in Spain

Kerotan

I'm not really sure I can agree with you; Xbox One was a pretty damning time for Xbox as a whole, hell you could argue that the tail end of the 360 gen wasn't too hot either. Comparatively, the Series X and its prospective pipeline at least looks promising.

And seeing as Series X's are selling as fast as Microsoft can produce them, I don't think they're doing all too poorly sales wise either.

If you choose to believe that every positive article and thread is covert Microsoft shilling, you are free to do so, but I think you'd be taking all this a bit too seriously if that's the case.
They're not though. Multiple countries in Europe you can get an Xbox at any time and don't pretend the series S doesn't count.

europe being "sony land" didnt come from nowhere. the brand truly is dominant over there. when you look at the gap between playstation and xbox in uk and us, it isnt that big. yet the total gap between them is massive. its comes from all the european countries adding up. outside of xbox being cheaper and getting fifa on gamepass at launch, im not sure what else they could do to change perception.

If the astroturfers are to be believed xbox has a blank check to do whatever it is they want. Console Sales, game deadlines, review scores, software sold, none of that matters. Its just a bottomless pit to absorb losses to get the rental service up and running.

If MS has a blank cheque they should just buy Sony.

Red-Town

Playstation es una bestia.

G2QvIlp.gif

EDIT: Is Outriders any good? Thinking of getting it for PC.

Last edited:

Three

Lol at TLOUS2 not being at top 40 UK.
There is a sale on Playstation store which makes it £20 cheaper than buying physical in the UK at big stores like GAME. It's even £7 cheaper than amazon who usually try to price match better. I don't think it will be top 40 in most places. It was hovering outside the top 20 before the sale anyway.

Banjo64

cumsessed
There is a sale on Playstation store which makes it £20 cheaper than buying physical in the UK at big stores like GAME. It's even £7 cheaper than amazon who usually try to price match better. I don't think it will be top 40 in most places. It was hovering outside the top 20 before the sale anyway.
Physical was £20 over the last couple of days and regularly drops to this price.

Three

Physical was £20 over the last couple of days and regularly drops to this price.

Where is the regularly? These are all sellers on amazon

It's £42 at the UKs biggest video game retailer GAME.

I see a hotukdeal at Monstershop only. Can't say I've heard of them and I'm from the UK but good on them for going lower than the store. Anecdotal but I'd rather just pay the £3 extra and get it digital (can game share too) than sign up for monstershop.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Where is the regularly? These are all sellers on amazon

It's £42 at the UKs biggest video game retailer GAME.

I see a hotukdeal at Monstershop only. Can't say I've heard of them and I'm from the UK but good on them for going lower than the store. Anecdotal but I'd rather just pay the £3 extra and get it digital (can game share too) than sign up for monstershop.
Here’s the regularly mate, just type in TLOU 2 in to the HotUkDeals search bar.

6IeXuze.png

was £14 new from Argos and AO last month, and £19 from Smyths Toys.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Xbox can't even outsell ps4 in Spain and the ps4 is more supply constraint then the Xbox. Despite this big online campaign by Xbox guru's it's still tumbling into irrelevance in most of the world.
Last time I made a joke similar do this - 2 days ago, I had 6 fanboys attacking me here. I hope you’re well!

Three

Here’s the regularly mate, just type in TLOU 2 in to the HotUkDeals search bar.

6IeXuze.png

was £14 new from Argos and AO last month, and £19 from Smyths Toys.
The argos deal was a steal, damn missed out on it. Still 3Weeks, 4 weeks, 1 Month ago pre owned. The UK charts are weekly charts so only a retail sale last week would affect it in any way not those hotukdeals from weeks ago.

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Yes charging full price for ports of old games and charging alot for weak as hardware that is usually a generation behind your competition will do this to your bank account.
It's a free market after all.
Good game = good words of mouth = good sales

turtlepowa

Banned
real life strill breaking fanboys souls as usual,get used to it

pf
the funny thing its the spanish xbox fanbase makes a lot of noise,they are very rabid and toxic,and after the fucking reallity exploding in their faces they will go worse
I bet they are all so toxic and rabid that they are on perm warning.

Woopah

Isnt that pretty much the all switch library? What are the others 27 games
The Switch has been out over four years, thinking it only has 13 games is ridiculous.

There are 14 more games in that top 40 that are on Switch, so just looking at that chart will help you find a big chunk of the 27 other games you want.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Playstation will outsell Xbox even if it's a 2TFLOPs console with no exclusives.
Gamers are irrational consumers

They seem perfectly rational to me, they get the console with steady supply of excellent games, not useless theoretical GPU power. And the funny thing, PS5 is actually performing better than XSX at technical face offs more cases than not lol.

So people are actually wise to get PS5. Also the DE at $399 🔥🔥 best deal in gaming right now

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
They seem perfectly rational to me, they get the console with steady supply of excellent games, not useless theoretical GPU power. And the funny thing, PS5 is actually performing better than XSX at technical face offs more cases than not lol.

So people are actually wise to get PS5. Also the DE at $399 🔥🔥 best deal in gaming right now
Notice how all the recent news, attention isnt focused on face offs but games. The most active threads right now have very lil to do with specs, TF or face offs. And a couple of DF analysis did happen during this time.

That should tell ppl games might matter a wee bit more than TF.

People need to realize that in many parts of the 🌎, PS is not in competition with anyone, just like Nintendo. Playstation is synonymous with gaming or game console. It doesn’t matter what’s in Microsoft’s box or what service they offer, people just don’t register it. I can tell you first hand because I live there.

Not until Microsoft gets rights for UEFA Champions League will they ever be able to make a dent and that’s why Sony is so jealously guarding it.

Woopah

E3mWvTv.jpg

Latest German charts have been released. But there's a mistake as they have put Harvest Moon as a Switch exclusive when really it is multiplatform (maybe they got it mixed up with Story of Seasons?)

Redlancet

Banned
europe being "sony land" didnt come from nowhere. the brand truly is dominant over there. when you look at the gap between playstation and xbox in uk and us, it isnt that big. yet the total gap between them is massive. its comes from all the european countries adding up. outside of xbox being cheaper and getting fifa on gamepass at launch, im not sure what else they could do to change perception.
Fifa isnt in gamepass at launch, its just a ten hour test, besides euorepan Fifa fans dont give a fuck about xbox

SoraNoKuni

I was almost called a lunatic last week that I said about the Europe market, now I stand corrected. Not that it was much of a prediction or an educated guess, the truth is out there for anyone without green tinted glasses.

Woopah

I was almost called a lunatic last week that I said about the Europe market, now I stand corrected. Not that it was much of a prediction or an educated guess, the truth is out there for anyone without green tinted glasses.
What was it that you said?

SoraNoKuni

What was it that you said?
That most people outside of our gaming forum bubbles don't consider Xbox as a potential purchase for gaming in Europe, the brandname is really weak compared to Nintendo and PlayStation, it's almost certain that if a casual buys an Xbox is because they couldn't secure one of the other 2.
In my home market it's like that, I know for a fact Italy as well, Spain, even northern European countries are the same.

It's just that, Xbox didn't establish it's name in the average Europeans brain, and I guess it's not due to the value proposition but due to the difference in culture between Europe and USA and the end product.

Woopah

That most people outside of our gaming forum bubbles don't consider Xbox as a potential purchase for gaming in Europe, the brandname is really weak compared to Nintendo and PlayStation, it's almost certain that if a casual buys an Xbox is because they couldn't secure one of the other 2.
In my home market it's like that, I know for a fact Italy as well, Spain, even northern European countries are the same.

It's just that, Xbox didn't establish it's name in the average Europeans brain, and I guess it's not due to the value proposition but due to the difference in culture between Europe and USA and the end product.
I'd say that's pretty fair. Xbox was never able to build up it's brand in continental Europe in the same way as it did in the UK.

noshten

Rise will have a pretty strong April from the looks of things, it will be interesting whether it climbs further in the coming weeks when they drop the first update. Still shocked that Harvest Moon outsold Bravely Default 2 & Olive Town in Germany in March.

v_iHuGi

Banned
If MS has a blank cheque they should just buy Sony.

They don't have the money.

Sony would be worth over 200B$, lowest value.

500B in the next few years based on how Stock has grew substantially.

It's basically impossible to buy, & it's Japanese which makes it even harder.

Woopah

Rise will have a pretty strong April from the looks of things, it will be interesting whether it climbs further in the coming weeks when they drop the first update. Still shocked that Harvest Moon outsold Bravely Default 2 & Olive Town in Germany in March.
Bravely Default doesn't surprise me but Olive Town does. Maybe the Harvest Moon IP still holds a lot of weight in Germany?

They don't have the money.

Sony would be worth over 200B$, lowest value.

500B in the next few years based on how Stock has grew substantially.

It's basically impossible to buy, & it's Japanese which makes it even harder.
There goes my dream of an Xstation ;)

Top Bottom