• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Xbox Series X is the least console-feeling console I've had

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
No, it doesn't but saying Sony is good because they use one space but MS is bad because they use one different space is just a weird way of thinking....
MS is capable of doing it better than this, heck with the Blades UI and the original Xbox they did. Right now, one console is ~100% user activity focused, to a fault, and it is the Switch while the other two do push content your way and try to add context based data... one does it in a more obnoxious way with more ads and more content pushed the user way: that is the Xbox One UI which the XSX keeps on using.

To me the Xbox is the most console feeling device. Upgrading the storage is a simple as buying a memory card. Smart delivery makes it totally painless upgrade games you own. Quick resume gets you back into the game fast. Free cloud storage ensures no matter where you last played your game progress is preserved. I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Some just look for negativity.

kyussman

I find it hilarious that with the big first party push and Betheda aquisition I am all but certain to own an Xbox this gen(for the first time since the OG one).....but at the same time I will absolutely not be signing up for GamePass.
I'll be playing multipats on PS5 and Xbox will be for exclusives,which I will simply buy when I want them just like I always have.
GamePass is a great service,no doubt about that.....but I have a huge collection of PS4 games many of which are on the service already and I don't play games the same way I watch Netflix shows(jumping in here and there with an odd episode to see which ones stick).
I know what type of games I like so buying those makes much more sense for me than paying a subsciption fee for access to many games I'll never play.....will this approach cost me more of less over the course of the gen,I've no idea.....but I'll own the games and I'm kind of old fashioned in that regard.

sainraja

Forget i said anything. Sorry for posting.

Im so glad i can make you laugh. I should stick to shits and giggles. Now im reminded why i don't post anything serious.

Its all good. Tough skin and all. Enjoy
I was simply pointing out the fact that you brought up cable tv and its associated cost and later went on to ask him or inform him how it is a dying a breed. If that is the case, why were you even using it to make a point and how did it make sense to you to inform him of how it is dying?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
I was simply pointing out the fact that you brought up cable tv and its associated cost and later went on to ask him or inform him how it is a dying a breed. If that is the case, why were you even using it to make a point and how did it make sense to you to inform him of how it is dying?
Your right. My post didn't make sense. I'll chalk it up to my mental illness and sleep deprivation. I was so tired, i wasn't even thinking. Shouldn't have quoted him or posted.

Hopefully you can understand.

sainraja

I have logged on my PS4 many times with screens advertising games to buy and services to sign up... the home screen...
Most of the feed related content is grouped under 'What's New' and you can turn off contextual cards that show up in the horizontal grid (holiday sale event cards still show and I think their PS Now promo cards show) but that is it as far is what can be considered an ad go and none of those for third-party services etc.

Don't look at me, I decided not to accept the ads and currently block them with a black hole DNS server.

a6p6DCP.png
I'm stealing that picture for future science.

Also, bravo.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I don't see the problem with ads at all. If you know what you want you ignore them - since 3 weeks ago my only activity is turning the console on, pressing A for Cyberpunk 2077, then playing. If you don't know what to do how are content suggestions a bad thing? I checked and the infos are fairly decent - they advertise ongoing sales or some new piece of content being added.

Top Bottom