• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Xbox Series X is the least console-feeling console I've had

Redlancet

Banned
It's not exactly wrong. The launch lineups aren't exactly loaded with new games that could be considered killer apps.
That both sides only exists to made damage control for the Xbox launch lineup disaster, Sony did their home work

2E7gehu.jpg

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
That both sides only exists to made damage control for the Xbox launch lineup disaster, Sony did their home work

2E7gehu.jpg
People keep throwing up the Sony list like there's something inherently impressive about it or that it somehow speaks for itself. What exactly on this list is so impressive for launch day? The top two games are still older generation games. Ratchet and Clank is going to be good, but "Launch Window" is just a fancy way to say "not available day 1." Like I've been saying, the good stuff isn't until next year with God of War and Gran Turismo.

This time around both consoles are relying on previous generations to carry their launches. "Both sides" absolutely applies to launch. The face off is how well they both play your old content, which is ok, but seriously these launches are weak.

TrebleShot

People keep throwing up the Sony list like there's something inherently impressive about it or that it somehow speaks for itself. What exactly on this list is so impressive for launch day? The top two games are still older generation games. Ratchet and Clank is going to be good, but "Launch Window" is just a fancy way to say "not available day 1." Like I've been saying, the good stuff isn't until next year with God of War and Gran Turismo.

This time around both consoles are relying on previous generations to carry their launches. "Both sides" absolutely applies to launch. The face off is how well they both play your old content, which is ok, but seriously these launches are weak.
At least PS5 has new games and is trying to innovate on a hardware and UI level.

Genx3

This, its hilarious people pay $500 for the console then $60 a year for the privilege to play online and they still got ads on their screen. Microsoft got a dick in their ass and their mouth and they happily accepting it.
It's almost as bad as paying for all of the above and paying $70 - $80 per game.
That would be like having 2 of each in your mouth and ass.

All the fake outrage over having a small tile with an inobtrusive ad on it and then pretending its some type of major drawback. You guys are so transparent.

It's almost as bad as paying for all of the above and paying $70 - $80 per game.

All the fake outrage over having a small tile with an inobtrusive ad on it and then pretending its some type of major drawback. You guys are so transparent.

Did you really need to bring this thread back from the dead to defend advertising in game console dashboards?

Lol get the fuck out of here with your transparent shit, I swear anytime anyone on this site criticizes anything Xbox does you either get a response saying b-but Sony does it so its fine or you get someone trying to call you a PS fanboy to discredit your opinion, here's two for the price of one. I've been with Xbox since the start, I'm just not a blind fanboy like most the Xbox community on this site.

Imagine trying to argue a post saying paying for online and getting ads on your screen are bad, talk about being transparent.

Last edited:

WakeTheWolf

Lol get the fuck out of here with your transparent shit, I swear anytime anyone on this site criticizes anything Xbox does you either get a response saying b-but Sony does it so its fine or you get someone trying to call you a PS fanboy to discredit your opinion, here's two for the price of one. I've been with Xbox since the start, I'm just not a blind fanboy like most the Xbox community on this site.

Imagine trying to argue a post saying paying for online and getting ads on your screen are bad, talk about being transparent.
1OisQ95.jpg

Genx3

Crying about a tile in the dashboard is seriously pathetic.
You won't see me trashing any other console on some nonsense like this pathetic post. Call fanboy names all you want but you don't see me trashing other devices on some stupidity.

tichamac

Banned
You won't see me trashing any other console on some nonsense like this pathetic post. Call fanboy names all you want but you don't see me trashing other devices on some stupidity.
Is it? I can understand them promoting tv shows/movies/etc. when you're in the media section (or whatever they might call it,) but if you're getting ads for shit on the base home screen, that's a bit fucked up.

Last edited:
Paying for a yearly service and not wanting ads is pathetic now lmao. Get out here defender, downplay it all you want.

Shit like this is why I avoid all the Xbox threads on this site except the Halo OT, luckily most the defenders stay out of that thread.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Paying for a yearly service and not wanting ads is pathetic now lmao. Get out here defender, downplay it all you want.

Shit like this is why I avoid all the Xbox threads on this site except the Halo OT, luckily most the defenders stay out of that thread.
I hate to tell this guy about cable / satellite TV. $100+ dollars a month and commercials every 5 minutes.

I hate to tell this guy about cable / satellite TV. $100+ dollars a month and commercials every 5 minutes.
Here's the other excuse I mentioned, trying to bring up someone else doing something similar to try to justify Microsoft's decisions. Whenever there's any criticism against Microsoft its always the same replies.

Cable and satellite company have to pay millions to studios to run their shows on their channel your $100 goes to them, the ad revenue is going to the network. On Xbox everything is under Microsoft and they doesn't have to pay anything to anyone.

I like ads, the reason why I don’t subscribe to YouTube premium is because I do want *some* ads. Agree I’d rather not see the same ad 50 times. But how else would I know what I want to buy next/what I might be interested in without ads?

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
Here's the other excuse I mentioned, trying to bring up someone else doing something similar to try to justify Microsoft's decisions. Whenever there's any criticism against Microsoft its always the same replies.

Cable and satellite company have to pay millions to studios to run their shows on their channel your $100 goes to them, the ad revenue is going to the network. On Xbox everything is under Microsoft and they doesn't have to pay anything to anyone.
I ain't justifying Microsoft ads. I wish they didn't have them.

You do realize cable TV is a dying breed. They loosing lots of subscribers to streaming subscriptions. Right now I'm paying $12 a month for commercial free hulu. I have access to almost every networks tv show. Thousands of episodes. The shows cost millions to develop yet i can access them for $12 instead of $100. How do you explain that?

Genx3

MS practically gives away the games with Game Pass and here you are crying about a small, inobtrusive tile Ad on your home screen.

Barakov

Gold Member
Are people defending ADs?

2021 started well.
Those memes about 2021 being 2020 part 2 might be right.
MS practically gives away the games with Game Pass and here you are crying about a small, inobtrusive tile Ad on your home screen.
Honestly, they shouldn't be there in the first place. It also doesn't help the Xbox UI is a cluttered mess. Ads in the store? Sure I get that but people don't need to see that crap while on their home screen.

You do realize cable TV is a dying breed. They loosing lots of subscribers to streaming subscriptions. Right now I'm paying $12 a month for commercial free hulu. I have access to almost every networks tv show. Thousands of episodes. The shows cost millions to develop yet i can access them for $12 instead of $100. How do you explain that?
What are you even talking about? Your first post was about the ads and now your asking me to justify you having to pay $100 a month when that was never the point of the discussion...
Lmao the same company that gives online access to free to PC players and makes Xbox players pay $60 a year and still puts ads on their console. Trying to change the topic to gamepass to justify the ads lmao, talk about pathetic. Got any other excuses defender?

sainraja

Um, lol, you brought up cable TV as an example. 😂

What are you even talking about? Your first post was about the ads and now your asking me to justify you having to pay $100 a month when that was never the point of the discussion...

Lmao the same company that gives online access to free to PC players and makes Xbox players pay $60 a year and still puts ads on their console. Trying to change the topic to gamepass to justify the ads lmao, talk about pathetic. Got any other excuses defender?

You really gettin militant about this, huh

Yea I'm sick of it at this point. Every post that I do that is remotely negative about Microsoft ends up the exact same way. I don't think I've ever had one without being called a PS fanboy. Don't even go into any Xbox OTs because of all the sensitive defenders, I just stick to the Halo OT.

That's fair. Both consoles have their negatives, but I've loved pretty much every minute I've played on the PS5 and XSX. Console warring kinda embarrassing at this point. Except Stadia, that shits cheeks bro

Fredrik

It’s the most perfect console hardware I’ve ever had with the worst launch lineup I’ve ever experienced.

I use it for sneaky retail Retroarch gaming MS don’t want me to know exist, 360/One backwards-compatibility and Dirt 5.
Finished a Kameo playthrough yesterday. 🤷‍♂️

hybrid_birth

Gold Member

Forget i said anything. Sorry for posting.

Um, lol, you brought up cable TV as an example. 😂
Im so glad i can make you laugh. I should stick to shits and giggles. Now im reminded why i don't post anything serious.

Its all good. Tough skin and all. Enjoy

BigLee74

Do PlayStation have an ad in their UI?

I'm not defending MS (or maybe even Sony), but as long as the ad isn't obtrusive in any way (I'm thinking YouTube levels that interrupt viewing), then what does it matter?

I don't even notice them as I quickly fire up a game/netflix 🤷‍♂️

Certainly nothing to get riled over.

Top Bottom