• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer: Xbox Series X is the least console-feeling console I've had

wolffy71

Banned
No, It's unacceptable. Especially on something paid for. Ads are cancer. I don't watch network TV because of ads and block any ad that might sneak through online. I've spent so long being ad free that I mentally associate ads with cheap scam sites. I'm really surprised at this tbh.
Yeah just like cancer. Hopefully it doesnt kill me like cancer did my father. Good post homie

I mean I guess the hilarious joke of putting a madcatz logo on a ps5 controller did go over my head, correct. How silly am I!?!

Moving on....
Here you go this article can spell it out for you, now go back to your argument that I'm a Sony fanboy in a bad attempt to dismiss my criticism of your beloved Microsoft.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Here you go this article can spell it out for you, now go back to your argument that I'm a Sony fanboy in a bad attempt to dismiss my criticism of your beloved Microsoft.
Ah yes, some techradar article that I'm sure has been essential reading for all video game fans........you sure showed me!

I mean when you post shit like this:

This, its hilarious people pay $500 for the console then $60 a year for the privilege to play online and they still got ads on their screen. Microsoft got a dick in their ass and their mouth and they happily accepting it.

It makes you look like a moron. Got nothing to do with anyones "beloved Microsoft". It's calling out idiocy.

Last edited:
Ah yes, some techradar article that I'm sure has been essential reading for all video game fans........you sure showed me!

It makes you look like a moron. Got nothing to do with anyones "beloved Microsoft". It's calling out idiocy.
Bruh you don't need to read the article to get the joke...you just have to have seen a madcatz controller once in your life or have heard what people say about them...you really shouldn't be really someone else a moron, literally everything is going over your head and had to be spelled out for you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
It's beyond sad some of you are curled so tightly up Microsoft's butthole that you are here to defend that after paying 500$ for the console + whatever subscription money you pay monthly, Microsoft will still use the dashboard tho shove ads in your face. Not "games your friends are playing" ad but more hey here's a tv network that paid us millions to throw ads at our "premium customers".

turtlepowa

Banned
Was the same when I still had a PS4.

Also, in the video about the new UI dude said that there are tiles showing DLC you can buy, etc..

How is that different?
I even had ads in my PS4 games!!!! :messenger_beaming:

YtNGj9x.jpg

MrFunSocks

Banned
Bruh you don't need to read the article to get the joke...you just have to have seen a madcatz controller once in your life or have heard what people say about them...you really shouldn't be really someone else a moron, literally everything is going over your head and had to be spelled out for you.
I can honestly say I've never paid any attention to 3rd party controllers. What you said is something that a low IQ person would say. Fact. That's all there is to it. Read your original post and try and say with a straight face that it's a mature way of having a discussion.

Referencing some obscure poorly done joke that someone doesn't understand as "going over your head and had to be spelled out for you" is, again, a childish and low IQ thing to do. Someone not getting a joke that makes no sense isn't "going over someones head". Your avater image isn't so brilliant that it goes over anyones head.

It's beyond sad some of you are curled so tightly up Microsoft's butthole that you are here to defend that after paying 500$ for the console + whatever subscription money you pay monthly, Microsoft will still use the dashboard tho shove ads in your face. Not "games your friends are playing" ad but more hey here's a tv network that paid us millions to throw ads at our "premium customers".
Lol at people like you thinking that paying USD$60 a year for something makes you a "premium customer". I guess if it's your whole pocket money for the year from your parents it might make you feel like that.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
It's 100% wrong. Deliberately wrong, at that. The only way he's right is if all of the PS5's first-party games get delayed past launch.

Acting like both consoles are in the same game-less launch predicament is denying reality. You'd have to willingly ignore every single data point to claim neither Spider-Man nor Demon's Souls have tremendous hype and excitement behind them. Heck, I think if Sackboy is great then that game will turn out to be significantly bigger than expected; possibly even bigger than Demon's Souls.

It's foolish to act like the Series X has a comparable launch lineup. It doesn't. So when a publication claims that the launch lineups are on the same level of suckage, that publication is full of shit.
If we're acting like things aren't the way they are then why are people acting like Spider Man and Demon's Souls are anything other than remade/remastered previous generation games with a new coat of paint? I never said there are no launch games, but if you're going to prop up Sony's launch lineup with a PS3 game and a PS4 game as leading the charge you're kind of proving the point that I was making. If that's the standard then Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 are decent contenders in a launch day lineup.

I can honestly say I've never paid any attention to 3rd party controllers. What you said is something that a low IQ person would say. Fact. That's all there is to it. Read your original post and try and say with a straight face that it's a mature way of having a discussion.

Referencing some obscure poorly done joke that someone doesn't understand as "going over your head and had to be spelled out for you" is, again, a childish and low IQ thing to do. Someone not getting a joke that makes no sense isn't "going over someones head". Your avater image isn't so brilliant that it goes over anyones head.
Lol you won't even address what the post was about because you can't defend the ads on a $500 box that costs $60 a year to play online. Your just butthurt about the Microsoft dick comment lol. I'm not surprised since your all over Microsoft's dick with every post you make on this site so it must have really hit home. Then you actually tried to accuse me of being a Sony fanboy when your one of the biggest Microsoft fanboys on this site lmao.

Marlenus

You don’t need games with your console? That’s some weird ass take...

I never had an Xbox One so being able to get through some of the really good last gen games via game pass is a boon to me even if there is a lack of quality next gen games. Saves me buying remasters like I did with my PS4.

Dr.Morris79

Bullshit its fucking shit. And the beginning of the end.

being defensive about this is good.
the beginning of the end?

You know they've been doing this shit for years, right? The 360 had all kinds of shite on it that pissed me off. The Ps3 had that utterly bullshit 'Singstar' ad hard coded into the UI too

They're all at it, everyone. The BBC has all kinds of shit pop up on it too if you'd kept your eye out, product placement all over the show.

Scumbags, the lot of em.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Lol you won't even address what the post was about because you can't defend the ads on a $500 box that costs $60 a year to play online. Your just butthurt about the Microsoft dick comment lol. I'm not surprised since your all over Microsoft's dick with every post you make on this site so it must have really hit home. Then you actually tried to accuse me of being a Sony fanboy when your one of the biggest Microsoft fanboys on this site lmao.
I don't need to address anything lol. Paying for something has never meant "no ads". Have you ever bought a magazine? Paid for Pay TV?

You're the one making this about microsoft. I'm saying that what you're saying is childish and idiotic. I couldn't care less who you're targeting. I'd be saying the same thing if you targeted Sony or Nintendo. Welcome to the ignore list kid.

SirTerry-T

No, It's unacceptable. Especially on something paid for. Ads are cancer. I don't watch network TV because of ads and block any ad that might sneak through online. I've spent so long being ad free that I mentally associate ads with cheap scam sites. I'm really surprised at this tbh.
No offense but that sounds like an unreasonable obsession. We all know ads are full of shit and lies, just ignore them, even if you can't get rid of them.

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
I get ads on my PS4 pro too, always have plus subscription.
You can disable ads on the PS4 (featured content or whatever it's called) except for the ones appearing on the recent activity wall. Sony also forced ads on big sales twice this year, but the tiles were removable.

Imo people should always talk about it loudly, because Sony and Microsoft are just waiting for more folks to be okay with the ads. Say nothing and a few years from now you might end up with 50% ad tiles on the main screen.

Last edited:

wolffy71

Banned
Its advertising, people get a grip. You wonder why or how they sell consoles at or near a loss. Then complain about something that basically has no impact on you because you dont understand that these are businesses. Whether its ads, product placement, or whatever these guys are in this for $$$. Id rather see the advertising than pay more. And you cant compare these things to tv ads that are unskippable. Literally just dont look at the tile ffs.

pasterpl

So based on this article, it is what ms was aiming for, they put player at the centre. Nice to hear another person confirming how quiet xbsex is, also cannot wait to finish multiple xbone games on xbsex when they will run better (I have got a long list of games that I have delayed playing/completing in because of xbsex improvements).

I don't need to address anything lol. Paying for something has never meant "no ads". Have you ever bought a magazine? Paid for Pay TV?

You're the one making this about microsoft. I'm saying that what you're saying is childish and idiotic. I couldn't care less who you're targeting. I'd be saying the same thing if you targeted Sony or Nintendo. Welcome to the ignore list kid.
Lmao everyone knows that a lie, you go to Microsoft's defense every chance you get. You tried to change the topic to my post being childish after your attempt to call me a Sony fanboy blew up in your face lol.

There you go defending the ads lol, news flash if a $10 magazine has ads that doesn't justify a $500 console with a $60 yearly online fee to have ads. That might be the weakest argument I've ever heard, but you grasp at any straw you can to defend Microsoft.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I never once seen an ad besides for PS Now in the past 6 years on my PS4...

Tho I would not be surprised if that might be region related
I used to get them until I disabled featured content/automatic downloads In the system settings. That Destiny 2 preload I didn't ask for was annoying and I'm glad Sony allows it to be turned off. But it should have been off by default.

FritzJ92

People complain about ads on the Xbox, but I've ran into ads on the PS4 home screen multiple times. They just hide it better, none of them deserves a pass.

No offense but that sounds like an unreasonable obsession. We all know ads are full of shit and lies, just ignore them, even if you can't get rid of them.
I'll just say I strongly dislike them.

Ever since I got basically told that I won't be around for the PS6's gen I dislike it with a passion when people compare silly things to cancer...
Sorry to hear that. I should have chosen my words more carefully.

AeneaGames

Stay strong, who know what will happen the next few years.

The hospital I go to does a lot of research, am hoping they find an immunotherapy for my specific version of the disease, am willing to try anything new they can come up with! I mean, who wouldn't want to see the run up to the release of next-next-gen and compare it to this one!

What does everyone think, could next-next-gen be even worse with the fans behaviour, the FUD, the preorder shenanigans, etc. than this one? 😊

DavidGzz

While people who bought a 3080 for $699 are busy playing next-gen games on it, right?

Good point, were people who bought a $2k computer in 2018 playing next gen games? This whole narrative that we need exclusive software to buy new hardware is dumb. Just fanboy drivel. Was it stupid to buy a Pro or One X? Nope. The same way it isn't stupid to buy a PS5 and/or an XSX. As enthusiasts we want the next upgrade. Besides, isn't Demon's Souls the only next gen game that is exclusive to a next gen console this year? Yep.

Ending a review of a new games console stating that it doesn’t matter if it has new games is some next level kool aid shit, gang.

Maybe to you but I see it as my next upgrade. The games that push the next gen systems will come later. I still want the best console versions of Cyberpunk, Valhalla, etc. Those are new games, they just aren't exclusive. Are all of the 3000 series card buyers sipping the Kool-aid as well because they want better graphics and frame rates?

Last edited:

Arun1910

Apart from the design, that UI is very bland and to be honest, expected.

The tile system, whilst easy to navigate, is pretty boring and is just a prime place for MS to shove ads in your face. "New Messages from Xbox", NowTV ads, Game Pass ads.

It's like the system is just trying to sell you more stuff straight away on the home screen rather than giving you access to your games straight away. Why is the games section on the 2nd row?

Ending a review of a new games console stating that it doesn’t matter if it has new games is some next level kool aid shit, gang.

People are entitled to their opinions man. You and I might not be ok to get a brand new next gen console to play back older games from day one. But there's certainly an audience even among critics/reviewers like Eurogamer who prefer just that and don't mind the lack of new games. You can't crucify them for that :)

Raekwon26

Checks avatar for Cerny, Kratos or PS5......

Check!
It's a PS5 controller. If you have some sort of inside joke about it then how am I supposed to know?
How am I supposed to know what you putting a MadCatz logo on a controller means? lol
I mean I guess the hilarious joke of putting a madcatz logo on a ps5 controller did go over my head, correct. How silly am I!?!

Moving on....

Lol at people like you thinking that paying USD$60 a year for something makes you a "premium customer". I guess if it's your whole pocket money for the year from your parents it might make you feel like that.

I never seen a more embarrassing set of posts in a row by one user....... shocking stuff.

Top Bottom