• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer.de: Assassin's Creed Valhalla will also be in 4K60FPS on PS5

AllBizness

Banned
The game runs on a 9900k an 1080ti at not even ultra settings barely 60 fps at 1080p, even on a 2080ti the game can't run a stable 60 fps will dip way below it at 1440p.
on a 3080 which is 2x faster then a 1080ti and a 10900k it can't even retain 60 fps at 4k.

U are delusional if you think a 9-10tflop gpu of AMD ( which sits at 1080ti performance ) with a weaker cpu solution could get anywhere near the 4k and 60 fps without steep downgrades. That's' the reality of things. And no the xbox series X will have the same issue.
The game just isn't optimized well on PC then. On console they're going from Jaguar CPU to a desktop class CPU, huge difference.

lukilladog

the 3080 is more than half better than a 2080Ti, and itll increase with new gen and tech games. What you need to think about is that its about 2.3 times faster than a ps5.

2080ti to 3080 gives a 31.57% performance increase according to this chart:

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

Last edited:
2080ti to 3080 gives a 31.57% performance increase according to this chart:

relative-performance_3840-2160.png

that site has always had the weirdest results that dont compare with most other sites. Anyway, what im saying is to wait for new gen games. Horizon for example, which is the newest big release has around a 45% difference above 2080Ti, and if you push the clocks a bit, youll get 50. In Quake 2 RTX, which is the game every outlet should have benchmarked, where you have the most advanced and new tech out of any of these games, the 3080 is literally 100% faster than the regular 2080 and 50% faster than the TI.

As newer games leverage its tech, older cards are gonna fall further behind.

The only actual game running on a next gen console was gears 5 on xbox and DF said it ran a bit BELLOW a regular 2080. How the internet got to saying the xbox is around 2080 Super since then is beyond me. So actual game running on next gen, bellow 2080. PS5 is significantly slower in every area, gpu, cpu, ram. Cause 20% slower gpu and 25% lower ram bandwidth is not a little, no matter what warrior tell you.

Its difficult to imagine such hard to run games like ACreeds going for real 4k at 60 on these machines, but ww'll see. Im very curious

lukilladog

that site has always had the weirdest results that dont compare with most other sites. Anyway, what im saying is to wait for new gen games. Horizon for example, which is the newest big release has around a 45% difference above 2080Ti, and if you push the clocks a bit, youll get 50. In Quake 2 RTX, which is the game every outlet should have benchmarked, where you have the most advanced and new tech out of any of these games, the 3080 is literally 100% faster than the regular 2080 and 50% faster than the TI.

The only actual game running on a next gen console was gears 5 on xbox and DF said it ran a bit BELLOW a regular 2080. How the internet got to saying the xbox is around 2080 Super since then is beyond me. So actual game running on next gen, bellow 2080. PS5 is significantly slower in every area, gpu, cpu, ram. Cause 20% slower gpu and 25% lower ram bandwidth is not a little, no matter what warrior tell you.

Its difficult to imagine such hard to run games like ACreeds going for real 4k at 60 on these machines, but ww'll see. Im very curious

Techpowerup has good reputation as far as I know, and it´s fine that the RTX 3080 has better RT performance than the 2080ti but it´s irrelevant to the comparison I was making which needs to include the ps4 and has no RT hardware. The gears 5 demo on series X was only 2 weeks of work, probably didn´t have much optimizations.

I see your opinion matches your avatar. The xbox controller was already a perfect form factor, why fix what isn’t broken?

I get people have their own opinions and all, but in my experience, the only good thing the Xbox controller is good for is other than shooters and 3rd person action games, the dualshock is more neutral to other genre's. For instance, I cannot for the life of me feel comfortable pressing the d-pad below the analog.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
Plenty of games not coming to PS. I didn't say the word exclusive. It seems to be used by Sony though when they say "console exclusive" so I guess they don't know either. It's your favorite word it seems lmao
Hell i dont when they say it either, if its on more than one platform its not exclusive, same with xbox

Malakhov

Banned
Should be. In all the games showcased so far, only one left me with a nextgen taste and it's demon's souls

Last edited:

molly14

Quite simple really,just change the graphic settings.I know pc owners have to run everything on ULTRA or its not a game to them.Dont think console owners are so fussed TBH

yurinka

They said it was going to be 4K 60 fps at Series X, so I don't see why it souldn't be 4K 60fps on PS5 too. Even more if we consider it's a crossgen game.
This is with games running at max settings, which console versions don't.

How is this even a discussion?
Both hardware and games are more optimized on consoles than in PCs, consoles and PCs aren't just a GPU. This is why consoles traditionally achieve better results than PCs with supposed same specs. We should expect consoles achieve slightly better results than a PC with similar specs.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Both hardware and games are more optimized on consoles than in PCs, consoles and PCs aren't just a GPU. This is why consoles traditionally achieve better results than PCs with supposed same specs. We should expect consoles achieve slightly better results than a PC with similar specs.

The reality is that outside of first party games this doesn't tend to be the norm, especially not at the start of a generation when developers are still getting to grips with the new consoles.

yurinka

The reality is that outside of first party games this doesn't tend to be the norm, especially not at the start of a generation when developers are still getting to grips with the new consoles.
Well, this time the console generation is basically a beefed, improved new take on the previous gen architecture. They all use the same game engines and tools. Sure, games won't be as optimized for the consoles as they will be in a few years, but this time they start saving themselves a lot of work. They don't need to port all their engines, tools and so on to very different hardware.

Romulus

The game runs on a 9900k an 1080ti at not even ultra settings barely 60 fps at 1080p, even on a 2080ti the game can't run a stable 60 fps will dip way below it at 1440p.
on a 3080 which is 2x faster then a 1080ti and a 10900k it can't even retain 60 fps at 4k.

U are delusional if you think a 9-10tflop gpu of AMD ( which sits at 1080ti performance ) with a weaker cpu solution could get anywhere near the 4k and 60 fps without steep downgrades. That's' the reality of things. And no the xbox series X will have the same issue.

I'd like to hear your prediction then. 4k 60fps, and what medium settings? What's your average framerate guess for the 60fps mode?

lukilladog

This is with games running at max settings, which console versions don't.

How is this even a discussion?

I´m not sure you understand what I was trying to say initially... I was not comparing console to PC hardware directly but the upgrades within their own category. This time around consoles should be able to handle PC (2080 level) settings while the PC has no much room to improve since the 3080 barely is a 60fps 4k card. So I think they are gonna look pretty similar because whatever extra detail the 3080 brings should be visually negligible (unless you want to give up those 60fps). Claiming "3080 like performance", while hyperbolic, i think will be true to a certain degree (the degree just below of having to bother with studying zoomed in screen shots to spot the small differences).

Last edited:
Top Bottom