• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer.de: Assassin's Creed Valhalla will also be in 4K60FPS on PS5

lukilladog

So you think consoles will be better than a 2080 ti/3080?! Lmaaaaao

Can you send me $9K, and I'll exchange it for over 100k in white bills. Now you've probably heard of this scam, but I promise you it's different.

I think you are gonna need to watch the Digital Foundry analysis to spot the differences in performance and graphics, if any.

I think you are gonna need to watch the Digital Foundry analysis to spot the differences in performance and graphics, if any.
Hard pass. I don't need anyone to show me the difference. I used to game primarily on consoles, and they were the sole reason I made the switch. There's a difference in visuals, performance and framerate, etc. There will be differences between this AC game as well.

DJT123

Would be a very satisfying baseline for the next-gen console expierience; but ACV is definetely looking suspiciously cross-gen ATM.

LordOfChaos

Damn I wonder what kind of crazy GPU effects and CPU subroutines this is running to be struggling

orphan-of-the-machine-xbox-series-x-2-740x370.png

Pedro Motta

Check out this hilarity: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review?page=5

You can see that on an RTX 3080 + i9 10900K @ 4K the mean average for AC:O is 66fps, hmmmm...

Either they are going to look like complete trash - as in, barely any ambient occlusion + no shadowing for foliage + no hair physics, and we've already seen quite a few of these cutbacks happening in the footage released so far - to get to 60 or its just complete bollocks and the game will still be optimised for 30fps but unlocked to 60hz and occasionally goes higher when no one is around or you stare at a wall (As @GymWolf points out above), at the expense of a horrible feeling experience with frametimes constantly changing and delaying your inputs.
wow, people still think consoles can be compared to pc counterparts.

What thought? It’s widely accepted that dualsense is inferior compared to the Nintendo pro controller and Xbox controller. Simple. It doesn’t matter if they add gimmicks to it, doesn’t make the poor design any better.
KaleidoscopicWebbedCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Widely accepted by who? Neither Series X nor PS5 is out available for the gaming media to review.

Just who is this widely accepted audience you're speaking of

Last edited:
Df analysis will be interesting. Graphical differences and performances difference i want to see. Resolution is will be pretty much same

DJT123

The last time Ubisoft really tried to push boundaries with this series was Unity. It was so technically ahead of its time with Global Illumination and amazing movement physics. Origins/Oddysey were definetely good, but now the series is much less technically ambitious despite finding a nice niche in the post-Witcher 3 world. That's why I always hate when people scream about bugs and glitches in ambitious games. You're just begging devs to dial it down.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

wow, people still think consoles can be compared to pc counterparts.

Oh don't a fanjob, you know its just a way of measuring the performance of the game. Its obviously not accurate to what a console is but its not like custom HW and APIs are some magic juju that suddenly gives you 3x the performance over equivalent PC HW.

*blows raspberry*

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

I prefer the ps4 one as well, i imagine everyone one will take what feels good in your hand, there are millions of people on both sides that have their preference. I remember using the dpad on the xbox once when i was playing mortal combat i was like wtf is wrong with this thing. its awful, but i am sure there are people that will defend it.

What i am talking about is the actual tech in the controller, the duel sense has been redesigned, with more features, to be used in-game that will change the game experience itself, Sony have gone all in this generation on their sound and their controller.

It even got a mic in it, as long as it can be turned off.

Amazing piece of kit.
i Was saying that I prefered the Xbox one.
maybe it wasn’t clear enough.

i am curious to try the haptic feedback on the dual sense But the analog stick placement on DualShocks really hurts my hands (I broke both thumbs a while back).
xbox placement feels more natural to me and hurts less And I know I will buy a new controller for PS5 as soon as possible.

i won’t have this problem with Xbox series X.
;)

KaleidoscopicWebbedCockatiel-size_restricted.gif

Widely accepted by who? Neither Series X nor PS5 is out available for the gaming media to review.

Just who is this widely accepted audience you're speaking of
Like I said, they can keep adding shit to it but dualsense with its inferior button layout will never be the best controller in any given generation.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
DF has played the game for 12 hours, and found a single instance of it hitting 58 fps, and their conclusion, the game is jarring™.

Yes, that term is a protected trade mark by Digital Foundry. You may not use it in your reviews.
On PS5?

Pedro Motta

Oh don't a fanjob, you know its just a way of measuring the performance of the game. Its obviously not accurate to what a console is but its not like custom HW and APIs are some magic juju that suddenly gives you 3x the performance over equivalent PC HW.

*blows raspberry*

Not thrice, but maybe twice.
John Carmack: "For the same given paper spec, a console will deliver twice the perf(ormance) of a PC, and a PC will deliver twice the perf(ormance) of a mobile part." ... Consoles make use of their hardware better than PC's for gaming, simply because that's all they can do.

Kerlurk

Banned

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Not thrice, but maybe twice.

-Feb 2014. Before every major low level API made it to PC and reduced draw call overhead over 10x. Everyone tries to leave this context out.

Are consoles still more efficient in some ways, absolutely, but that was a major major chunk of that, and other things like DirectStorage are ever improving the PC platform efficiency.

Last edited:
Im still mad at devs not taking Full advantage of the brilliant PS5 I/O, otherwise we, Sony fans, would have exclusive 8k Textures like in UE5 demo.

Thats the problem of being i/o+SSD master Race.

Skifi28

Like I said, they can keep adding shit to it but dualsense with its inferior button layout will never be the best controller in any given generation.

No controller will ever compare with the ultimate layout of the N64 one. Being an octopus, everything else these days is just trash.

Md Ray

Good joke that the AI in an AC game would be held back by HW.

Also, I couldn't make the Cole Phelps gif big enough to fully express my level of doubt that an AC game will run at a locked 60fps on a console (either console), so I've forgoed it entirely. Not because the console HW is at fault, because Ubisoft have never targetted 60fps for any AC game and I don't see why their CPU optimisation will suddently become 10x better just for this game.

The "solution" they've found to that problem is probably just trashing the IQ/gameplay experience by cutting back heavily on effects/NPC counts/loads of things. I can get 4K@60 on my 2016 PC by turning everything down to low but I wouldn't do that.

Increasing the IQ and motion quality/responsiveness but making all the content look worse is like shooting a film at 4K instead of 2K, but you have remove a bunch of stuff from the scene and the makeup isn't as good now. Congrats you can more clearly see how shite it looks!

I know my post sounds so angry but I'm genuinely not, just thinking critically. If its 4K + locked-60 AND looks better than Odyssey (However slight) in terms of what I mentioned above then I'll be pleasantly surprised, its just unlikely given their track record imo.
Thing is, the CPU inside PS5/XSX is a massive leap forward compared to current-gen crappy Jaguar cores. Devs are seeing day 1 benefits (games hitting over a 100fps) without any optimization on the CPU side when running a straight port of current-gen build on next-gen devkits. This is one of the reasons why a game like AC is 60fps on consoles. It should be 60fps even on Series S. I think visual quality is probably the same as PS4/XB1 in 4K, 60fps mode. Resolution is also likely dynamic.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Seems like gaf members still dont understand what the word exclusive is, christ.

Plenty of games not coming to PS. I didn't say the word exclusive. It seems to be used by Sony though when they say "console exclusive" so I guess they don't know either. It's your favorite word it seems lmao

That wont apply this time because PS5 is several times a gpu upgrade over ps4, but the 3080 is not even half better than the 2080ti.

the 3080 is more than half better than a 2080Ti, and itll increase with new gen and tech games. What you need to think about is that its about 2.3 times faster than a ps5.

Md Ray

Like i said it will be downgraded, there is no hardware in the PS5 to run this game at 4k 60 fps without steep downgrades.
Check out this hilarity: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review?page=5

You can see that on an RTX 3080 + i9 10900K @ 4K the mean average for AC:O is 66fps, hmmmm...

Either they are going to look like complete trash - as in, barely any ambient occlusion + no shadowing for foliage + no hair physics, and we've already seen quite a few of these cutbacks happening in the footage released so far - to get to 60 or its just complete bollocks and the game will still be optimised for 30fps but unlocked to 60hz and occasionally goes higher when no one is around or you stare at a wall (As @GymWolf points out above), at the expense of a horrible feeling experience with frametimes constantly changing and delaying your inputs.
It's still a PS4/XB1 game. You should easily be able to get 2x the frame-rate on PS5/XSX when using exactly the same graphics settings as current-gen consoles, next throw in dynamic resolution scaler, to scale res up to 4K, which already exists since AC Origins on all PS4/XB1 consoles. Win-win. How stable is that target frame-rate remains to be seen. Knowing Ubi it won't be locked 60fps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom