• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurogamer.de: Assassin's Creed Valhalla will also be in 4K60FPS on PS5

NeoGiffer

NwMv8v1vB1MCq9l3lPaG2lcRB-OkUZ2aiZli4gL2roAeL2P32AL7jawZzDe2-K5F3URnHfSJv2-tQU45wuNlFSpCRz2Brskvgt73CWSlpqBr-5lvngGcV9TjGqtV05NlKXeH-Pn9MMoWIUPtQhnc5ghYukDtkg

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Let me guess only Xbox One Series X has the hardware to run it at 4k60fps.

PS5 should at max 1080p 30fps lol

The game runs on a 9900k an 1080ti at not even ultra settings barely 60 fps at 1080p, even on a 2080ti the game can't run a stable 60 fps will dip way below it at 1440p.
on a 3080 which is 2x faster then a 1080ti and a 10900k it can't even retain 60 fps at 4k.

U are delusional if you think a 9-10tflop gpu of AMD ( which sits at 1080ti performance ) with a weaker cpu solution could get anywhere near the 4k and 60 fps without steep downgrades. That's' the reality of things. And no the xbox series X will have the same issue.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
The game runs on a 9900k an 1080ti at not even ultra settings barely 60 fps at 1080p, even on a 2080ti the game can't run a stable 60 fps will dip way below it at 1440p.
on a 3080 which is 2x faster then a 1080ti and a 10900k it can't even retain 60 fps at 4k.

U are delusional if you think a 9-10tflop gpu of AMD with a weaker cpu solution could get anywhere near the 4k and 60 fps without steep downgrades. That's' the reality of things. And no the xbox series X will have the same issue.
Which game?

It is not released yet.

Check out this hilarity: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review?page=5

You can see that on an RTX 3080 + i9 10900K @ 4K the mean average for AC:O is 66fps, hmmmm...

Either they are going to look like complete trash - as in, barely any ambient occlusion + no shadowing for foliage + no hair physics, and we've already seen quite a few of these cutbacks happening in the footage released so far - to get to 60 or its just complete bollocks and the game will still be optimized for 30fps but unlocked to 60hz and occasionally goes higher when no one is around or you stare at a wall (As @GymWolf points out above), at the expense of a horrible feeling experience with frametimes constantly changing and delaying your inputs.
Odyssey is such a bad example. You can drop just one setting [volumetric clouds to high or whatever it was called] and fps jumps up drastically with almost no perceivable difference in visuals. It will be interesting to see what settings consoles will use to achieve 60fps at 4k.

Kenpachii

Which game?

It is not released yet.

Odyssey. And odyssey takes more hardware then origin, nothing indicates valhalla isn't going to do the same besides that next gen consoles can run it at 4k 60fps. Which basically straight up pushes it below origin visuals.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Odyssey. And odyssey takes more hardware then origin, nothing indicates valhalla isn't going to do the same besides that next gen consoles can run it at 4k 60fps. Which basically straight up pushes it below origin visuals.
So what you even up to?

We are discussing Valhalla here.

OP: Apple runs at 4k60fps on consoles.
U: Orange can’t even run in 1080p60fps on PC.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

AC Valhalla is tempting, is anyone debating taking a chance on Immortals Fenyx Rising instead of this? I'm tempted just to have a break from the darker games that are coming at launch.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I'm interested to see if there is going to be a tangible difference between the two consoles sound solutions. We don't have long to wait now. Btw, a bunch of fanatical clowns claiming ps5 couldn't do a crossgen game at 4k 60 is just silly.

I don't think its questionable at all, one has more advanced features, its kinda a no brainer, the only thing is the feel and perhaps the weight of the device that people might take issue at. One is the same the other is innovation.
Lol only thing aka the most important thing. Dual sense is a garbage design and no matter how many times you innovate shit it’s still shit at the end of the day.

GustavoLT

Series X will be held back by Series S... developers will scale down X games to match S in quality, only making the resolution higher!!

Kenpachii

So what you even up to?

We are discussing Valhalla here.

OP: Apple runs at 4k60fps on consoles.
U: Orange can’t even run in 1080p60fps on PC.

There are no apples and oranges here.

If the PS5 can run AC Valhalla at 4k and 60fps the visual quality is downgraded drastically from ac odyssey. Otherwise there is no hardware in that box that can render the game at those settings with higher end pc settings like i explained.

There is no discussion possible here, that's simple how the reality is.

And if you actually got experience with high end PC hardware and assassin creed games, the games require in general more performance every installment not less.

Last edited:

Jtibh

Banned
Sorry but bethesda told me this is the first and last time you get this treatment on ps5.

Gamepass---everything else

RoboFu

One of the green rats
will be interesting to see what the settings are compared to the XsX. I am actually more interested to see how it compares to a XsS.

Kenpachii

will be interesting to see what the settings are compared to the XsX. I am actually more interested to see how it compares to a XsS.

Xss won't have much issue's running the game at reduced setttings and lower resolutions if both consoles can run this game at 4k and 60fps.

Boss Mog

Like i said it will be downgraded, there is no hardware in the PS5 to run this game at 4k 60 fps without steep downgrades.
As opposed to the series X? :messenger_tears_of_joy: It's a cross gen game, the graphics are shit to begin with so 4k/60 is not that much of an achievement on next gen.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member

If the PS5 can run AC Valhalla at 4k and 60fps the visual quality is downgraded drastically from ac odyssey. Otherwise there is no hardware in that box that can render the game at those settings with higher end pc settings like i explained.

What's the point of this? I don't think anyone is surprised that 2080ti or 3080 will be able to push the visuals further than the new consoles.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned

And if you actually got experience with high end PC hardware and assassin creed games, the games require in general more performance every installment not less.
So Apple to Oranges lol

Kenpachii

As opposed to the series X? :messenger_tears_of_joy: It's a cross gen game, the graphics are shit to begin with so 4k/60 is not that much of an achievement on next gen.

As opposed to PC. Xbox series X will perform better then the PS5 because of faster hardware in the box, however also that box won't run this game at 60 fps 4k if its at the same quality level of odyssey on PC at higher settings. This is why 4k and 30fps rumors where more believable as that would not be a issue pretty much for even the PS5 with some tuning.

What's the point of this? I don't think anyone is surprised that 2080ti or 3080 will be able to push the visuals further than the new consoles.

I was just talking about the visual quality of the game how it's going to end up based on those performance and resolution targets of consoles vs there last game on pc.

Last edited:

AllBizness

Banned
I mean there's only an 18% GPU power difference, of'course the PS5 will have the same framerate as Series X multiplats. Looking like resolution will be the same too which is a shame. Microsoft would get more out of the additional CU's their GPU has if they added more RAM then we would see the Series X pull away from the PS5.

Last edited:
Wtf are you even talking about, at least give the topic some thought if your going to try and add to it.
Save your dribble for a dealer or eastwood type of audience.
What thought? It’s widely accepted that dualsense is inferior compared to the Nintendo pro controller and Xbox controller. Simple. It doesn’t matter if they add gimmicks to it, doesn’t make the poor design any better.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
The face off between ps5 and x will be interesting: black flag when it launched back in 2013 already showed notable differences between both consoles and it sort of acted like the canary in the coal mine.

Arun1910

Check out this hilarity: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review?page=5

You can see that on an RTX 3080 + i9 10900K @ 4K the mean average for AC:O is 66fps, hmmmm...

Either they are going to look like complete trash - as in, barely any ambient occlusion + no shadowing for foliage + no hair physics, and we've already seen quite a few of these cutbacks happening in the footage released so far - to get to 60 or its just complete bollocks and the game will still be optimised for 30fps but unlocked to 60hz and occasionally goes higher when no one is around or you stare at a wall (As @GymWolf points out above), at the expense of a horrible feeling experience with frametimes constantly changing and delaying your inputs.

Yeah the game just kills CPU's. Will be interesting to see if they've finally optimised the games or if they've made big compromises for consoles.

I'm reading that if you buy the PS4 version, it will have a free update to be the same as the PS5 version. Can anyone confirm if this is true? It doesn't seem like a real smart decision by Ubisoft to release them both at the same time and allow us to get the exact same product for $10 less.

The 3080 is barely a 4k 60fps card on the actual generation of games.

Do you know there's no checkerboard rendering being done on the PC side of things, they aren't using medium to low settings, and have higher resolution textures, and effects the consoles cant use. Night and day difference between PC and console versions. I wish everyone understood this by now.

vkbest

I'm reading that if you buy the PS4 version, it will have a free update to be the same as the PS5 version. Can anyone confirm if this is true? It doesn't seem like a real smart decision by Ubisoft to release them both at the same time and allow us to get the exact same product for $10 less.

Well, you will have a PS4 box and you will need download the game digitally.

JimboJones

Do you know there's no checkerboard rendering being done on the PC side of things, they aren't using medium to low settings, and have higher resolution textures, and effects the consoles cant use. Night and day difference between PC and console versions. I wish everyone understood this by now.
I have given up explaining this, people just post benchmarks where these cards are doing "4k Ultra settings" with no appreciation of how expensive (and out of current gen league) some settings are and "lol @ 30 FPS a ps4 can du that, lol pc costs £5000"

Last edited:

vkbest

U are delusional if you think a 9-10tflop gpu of AMD ( which sits at 1080ti performance ) with a weaker cpu solution could get anywhere near the 4k and 60 fps without steep downgrades. That's' the reality of things. And no the xbox series X will have the same issue.

Those games are more optimized on consoles. Jaguar is 4-5x less powerful than news CPU, and your could have Oddisey running to 30 FPS on current gen. Developers will get more from those CPU than equivalent from PC. Sound and SSD load on PC will use CPU while PS5 will have by customized hardware, and you have running Windows on background

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

So 4k with 60 fps, with faster loading, better immersive sound and a better controller. Humm

Which experience would you choose?
Xbox of course.
better controller for me by Far .
will always be like this unless sony change the analog sticks position.

Last edited:

lukilladog

That wont apply this time because PS5 is several times a gpu upgrade over ps4, but the 3080 is not even half better than the 2080ti.

jimbojim

Banned
Fuck it, PS5 is weak.

I see your opinion matches your avatar. The xbox controller was already a perfect form factor, why fix what isn’t broken?

It has nothing to do with avatar. Fact is already bunch of 3rd parties will use features of Dualsense at launch. Btw. MS changed X1/XSX gamepad form factor. It's a bit smaller. Maybe they didn't fixed it, maybe they've managed to be worse. I like X1 gamepad in this size, now it will be smaller.

sircaw

Banned
Xbox of course.
better controller for me by Far .
will always be like this unless sont change the analog sticks position.

I prefer the ps4 one as well, i imagine everyone one will take what feels good in your hand, there are millions of people on both sides that have their preference. I remember using the dpad on the xbox once when i was playing mortal combat i was like wtf is wrong with this thing. its awful, but i am sure there are people that will defend it.

What i am talking about is the actual tech in the controller, the duel sense has been redesigned, with more features, to be used in-game that will change the game experience itself, Sony have gone all in this generation on their sound and their controller.

It even got a mic in it, as long as it can be turned off.

Amazing piece of kit.

Top Bottom