• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - 200+ items - Games Under 20

Is there a lot of content in "Cole's Legacy" DLC for Infamous Second Son? There's a "legendary edition" of Second Son for sale that has the Legacy DLC included for €3.50 more than the standard edition (the DLC alone is €5).

Trying to decide between standard and legendary edition.

13ruce

Banned
Bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate for 15. Heard tons of good things about this, and that it practically removed all the issues of Unity.

It's a pretty good game and the victorian London is a pretty cool experience and sightsee.

Any suggestions what Ubisoft Open World game would be cool for a first timer? I have followed Assassin's Creed and murmur around it somewhat but never actually played.

Black Flag, Syndicate, Unity and Watch Dogs are all dirt cheap. Side note that I don't have a Pro yet and supposedly boost mode is really good with Unity IIRC.

Black Flag is a good pirate game with really impressive sailing & sea physics but I found the on-foot stuff clunky and annoying. If you haven't played any AC games previously you will probably be more tolerant of its issues, so it's definitely worth a try.

I have not played Syndicate although I heard it fixed a lot of issues with its predecessor. Personally I'm not a fan of the "Cor Blimey Guv'nor" style, and I don't think the London landscape with carriage chases and extremely wide-open streets looks like a particularly interesting location.

Watch Dogs is a real mixed bag. The protagonist is a cunt and the story is worthless nonsense. The on-foot stuff is generally very tight although the driving feels loose and messy & the missions feel very lazily designed. On the other hand I loved the online stuff and in particular you can hack into someone else's game and hide/avoid them while stealing money from them. It's a really fun game mode that I perhaps played more than the main game. However, I think WD2 offers most (all?) of this and more, so you're probably better waiting for a price drop on it. There's a timed trial of WD2 on the store as well.

Worth it
?

From what I've read it has two DLC episodes and neither is especially good.

Madchad

Damn it the online store isn't working for me either.

Few things I'm considering picking up... is Stardew Valley still on sale?

Been considering FFXIV for a while and I guess this is a good time to pick it up?

Tempted by Marvel Ultimate Alliance too but I guess I could just play Marvel Heroes for free to scratch that itch.

New expansion is about to hit so add that onto this sales price.

Anung

Un Rama
Grabbed Deus Ex season pass because I want to revisit and 24.99 was a nonsense price.

Tempted to grab Nioh season pass.

Mascot

I'm positive I had around £24 left in my PSN wallet, but when I went to buy the Assetto Corsa season pass today (I was saving the funds for when it went on sale) my wallet was empty. Is there a way to check balance and purchase history?

Mascot

Thanks.

Looks like Sony auto-renewed my PS+ subs last week at full price, even though I'd cancelled automatic renewal. Does this get reset during system updates or something? So not only did they empty my wallet, they also topped up the difference from my credit card.

Great.

Bought Wolfenstein New Order (hard to pass up for that low a price, only game in the series I have played was the original Wolfenstein 3D), Evil Within season pass and Black Flag. Some great deals to be sure.

Think we'll be seeing a new sale? Current ones run until the 10th instead of tomorrow.

Yes.

As for Days of Play, the event will run from Friday, June 9 to Saturday, June 17 in every country that sells PlayStations, with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President Jim Ryan telling Glixel:

"The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day. We’re intrigued to see how people respond to the event at a time that’s traditionally very quiet for games. We’re going to have some really good deals".

xrnzaaas

Nice to see DLC's and expansions finally getting a sale, but it's still recommended to check psprices or similar sites to make sure they're actually good. I've bought complete editions of Sniper 3 and MKX for not that much more than what they're charging now for the expansions alone.

Not Drake

There are some new deals today according to psprices. They're all on digital-only games. Some are pretty good like 40% off Snake Pass, 70% off Crypt of the Necrodancer (heavily recommended!), etc.

FDC1

Ah, cool! But isn't that psn sale aimed at the US? Any info concerning the EU?

It's in the post you quote:

As for Days of Play, the event will run from Friday, June 9 to Saturday, June 17 in every country that sells PlayStations, with Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe President Jim Ryan telling Glixel:

"The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day. We’re intrigued to see how people respond to the event at a time that’s traditionally very quiet for games. We’re going to have some really good deals".

Gunkankun

Shouldve read it more carefully. Jolly good! Excited for the sale!

Hopefully Nier Automata gets a good discount during the new sale.
It was £35 during the last one but I missed the cut off.

eizarus

Banned
Picked up Wolfenstein (The New Blood and The Old Order) and man what a game. Still playing through (bit by bit between Injustice 2 breaks) but loving it so far.

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date

31 new discounts

Same old games on sale apart from everything/ snake pass

Where's banner saga 2 ffs.

Where's Ittle Dew 2 FFS!

I might check out Snake Pass. Only have about five dozen games in my backlog so I'm looking to increase that.

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter a little while ago. Good stuff.

Coffin Dodgers is an easy Platinum I heard.

It's also a terrible game, I heard.

Picked up InFamous: Second Son and its DLC. I know next to nothing about this franchise, but it looks fun!

The protagonist looks like he might start to grate very quickly, though.

Just_one

Lego Star Wars : The Force Awakens -70%
Assasins Creed : The Ezio Collection -70%
Watch Dogs 2 -70%
Ratchet & Clank -70%
Horizon Zero Dawn -70%

DO IT SONY!!! MY WALLET IS READY!!

FDC1

EU Blog post:

Introducing the PlayStation Days of Play sale

"It all starts on Friday 9th June when the full line-up of games to be discounted on PlayStation Store will be announced, and the sale begins. But to give you a sneak peek, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, Nioh, Battlefield 1, Grand Theft Auto V and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands will all feature."

"The sale starts on Friday 9th June and ends Saturday 17th June for physical items – while downloadable games and PS Plus memberships are on sale until 21st June at PlayStation Store."

Time to stack guys

Don't know finally if it's "one day, one deal" (The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day) or if it's a more classic sale (It all starts on Friday 9th June when the full line-up of games to be discounted on PlayStation Store will be announced, and the sale begins). That's a little bit inconsistent.

oni-link

EU Blog post:

Introducing the PlayStation Days of Play sale

"It all starts on Friday 9th June when the full line-up of games to be discounted on PlayStation Store will be announced, and the sale begins. But to give you a sneak peek, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End, Nioh, Battlefield 1, Grand Theft Auto V and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands will all feature."

"The sale starts on Friday 9th June and ends Saturday 17th June for physical items – while downloadable games and PS Plus memberships are on sale until 21st June at PlayStation Store."

Time to stack guys

Don't know finally if it's "one day, one deal" (The PlayStation Store will see something cheap every day) or if it's a more classic sale (It all starts on Friday 9th June when the full line-up of games to be discounted on PlayStation Store will be announced, and the sale begins). That's a little bit inconsistent.

Maybe they're changing the format of the sales, moving it from Wednesday to Friday?

I was holding out for a new Big in Japan sale

FDC1

I thinks it's only for this special occasion and that it will back to Wednesdays after that as this sale will stop June 21st which is a Wednesday

oggob

If they are doing things on certain days, etc... and they are branding it as a Christmas in July (well June) type event... then I would suggest looking at the 12 Deals of Christmas, for the type of price drops to expect.

Generally, the 12 Deals aren't always that great, but they might surprise us for this one... I would be happy for a Wildlands Season Pass discount...

Top Bottom