• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN SALE - 200+ items - Games Under 20

NewDust

Is infamous First Light a DLC for Second Son or a standalone?

In either case, is it any good?

It's standalone. Some people say it's better than the main game. I at least enjoyed the story portion, but found the challenge-mode kinda meh.

But at these price points I would rather recommend you getting the bundle with both games, if you have any interest in a openworld superhero game.

Bought Fifa 17 for my partner, £16 isn't a bad price for now for the last few moments of a 'current' Fifa game. We usually buy each years game a year behind so it stays cheaper anyway.

Yeh but that's a resident Evil sale, not a PS1 sale.

We havnt had a "classics" sale in ages

Oh, I thought you just meant we haven't had any games for those consoles on sale for a while.

I'm not sure we'll get it anymore really, audience for those titles is severely dwindling. I hope they do though, still got at least 50 games on my wishlist made up of PSP/PS1 titles.

Is the webstore down for anyone else?

Been trying to access it for over an hour on my phone, iPad and PC with no result whatsoever... No idea what the problem is, it just keep buffering.
Located in Sweden, if it would be something wrong on the server side or something.

Pennywise

Been trying to access it for over an hour on my phone, iPad and PC with no result whatsoever... No idea what the problem is, it just keep buffering.
Located in Sweden, if it would be something wrong on the server side or something.
No problem on the German store via PC. Bought Monopoly without a problem.

stryke

Yeah, aussie storefront ain't doing much good either.

I can access the store fine on Vita though.

venom473

It is stand alone and it is pretty good!

It's standalone. Some people say it's better than the main game. I at least enjoyed the story portion, but found the challenge-mode kinda meh.

But at these price points I would rather recommend you getting the bundle with both games, if you have any interest in a openworld superhero game.

Thanks for letting me know! I didn't even see there was a bundle option, maybe I'll give it a try then.
I liked Infamous 1 and 2 for the majority, but I felt they got kind of stale as the games went on, so I thought maybe a short standalone would be perfect for me.

I appreciate a good sale but they seem to be getting a little repetitive. Seems like the last few times I've looked at what's on sale, I've already bought everything that interests me in a previous sale.

haikira

Few helpful tips:

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare: Pretty sure the community is dead for this, and apparently it's not a good port. I'd probably avoid this.

Darksiders: If you're wanting both titles, go for Darksiders: Fury's Collection - War and Death. Even when the first and second were both on sale, it's still cheaper going for Fury's collection. It's not on the list though, as it's technically not on a sale.

Dragon Age: Inquisition: Pick the Game of the Year Edition, not the Deluxe Edition. They're the same price, but Game of the Year Edition has far far more content.

Hotline Miami: If you haven't played either yet, definitely go with the better, and cheaper, original game. Sometimes less is more.

Just Cause 3: Haven't personally played this, but from watching videos, and talking with friends who've played it, it seems like this game's performance is pretty infuriating; however the PS4 Pro Boost mode seems to improve it a considerable amount, so if you've got the Pro it's maybe worthwhile.

Wolfenstein: The New Order: If you don't own this game, you need to buy it!

Suzzopher

If the PlayStation store would let me, I'd be buying the Wolfenstein duo and Borderlands The Handsome collection.

Every time I add something to my basket the site crashes.

Number45

If the PlayStation store would let me, I'd be buying the Wolfenstein duo and Borderlands The Handsome collection.

When I picked up Borderlands this morning it wouldn't work via the web store on PC (didn't crash, but when I clicked add to basket I got the busy cursor and nothing happened) but it worked fine via Safari on my phone. UK here.

Suzzopher

When I picked up Borderlands this morning it wouldn't work via the web store on PC (didn't crash, but when I clicked add to basket I got the busy cursor and nothing happened) but it worked fine via Safari on my phone. UK here.

I have a UK account but away in Sweden at the moment so using my phone.

Damn it the online store isn't working for me either.

Few things I'm considering picking up... is Stardew Valley still on sale?

Been considering FFXIV for a while and I guess this is a good time to pick it up?

Tempted by Marvel Ultimate Alliance too but I guess I could just play Marvel Heroes for free to scratch that itch.

Griss

Bought:
Just Cause 3 - Loved JC2, and I have a PS4 Pro now to alleviate the performance issues. I've really never heard anything good about this game, but for the price it's worth seeing if it can recapture some of the magic of its predecessor.

Madden - Haven't bought a Madden game in at least 7 years. Every time I try one I'm reminded that I just don't like them, but for 10 euros it's worth taking a deeper look at what they're doing with the series. I love NFL, I wish I could love these games.

The Bit.Trip - I had some of these games on Wii and this collection on 3ds. They're not all great, but Beat and Runner are worth the price of admission alone. Great to pick up and play when you only have 10 minutes to spare.

Wolfenstein - Don't suspect I'll like this but I haven't played a shooter in ages and it's four bloody euros. Worth a look.

Divinity: Original Sin - As above, not sure if it'll be my thing but I haven't played a top-down style WRPG is ages so I want to see where the genre's at. At 16 euro it's worth a flyer.

All of that was like 220 euros reduced to 48. By Grabthar's hammer...

Freeman76

Whats second son like with the pro patch? I never played the game for some reason always thought it was average but seems ita actually alright?

BigEmil

Clear cookies cache and all, login again disable extensions like adblock etc it should work then

timberger

Always annoys me when they put the "special edition/GOTY" versions of games on sale alongside the standalone game only versions but never offer put the season pass/DLC content on sale at the same time for those that have the game already. Would have been interested in cheap season passes for Arkham Knight and JC3.

I'm looking at that Dying Reborn triple pack bundle though. Is the game any good?

dracula_x

is it new?

a28d1e19-a31e-4cf6-80fc-e3b2de12e7b8.jpg

Cronen

is it new?

a28d1e19-a31e-4cf6-80fc-e3b2de12e7b8.jpg

Is it only available on new subscriptions? When I go on to the page in the UK it says I can't purchase/subscribe because "I already own Playstation Plus" (which I don't - my sub expired).

Edit: have they run out of codes maybe? They're listing it as a limited offer. Maybe that's why I can't purchase it.

BigEmil

Cronen

Yeah limited amount also only available for people without subscriptions:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/12-...wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition-for-2701892

That's fine, but I am not currently subscribed to PS+. I asked on Twitter and got the following reply:
Hi there! The offer is only available to those of whom are not subscribed to PS+ at the time of purchase. ^JB

There must be a bug with the store and my account I guess? I definitely don't have PS+ currently. Weird.

Any suggestions what Ubisoft Open World game would be cool for a first timer? I have followed Assassin's Creed and murmur around it somewhat but never actually played.

Black Flag, Syndicate, Unity and Watch Dogs are all dirt cheap. Side note that I don't have a Pro yet and supposedly boost mode is really good with Unity IIRC.

Caode

Bought Dragon Age: Inquisition - GOTY edition.. for €9.99. I couldn't pass it up at that price. There's a few more tempting offers on there but I'll try and resist for now.

BigEmil

That's fine, but I am not currently subscribed to PS+. I asked on Twitter and got the following reply:

There must be a bug with the store and my account I guess? I definitely don't have PS+ currently. Weird.
Maybe try playing online or download a PS+ game see if it works lol

It got a lot of criticism at original release pre-patches but I picked this up for ~£5 in a sale a year or so ago and it's a good game. Not feature rich but plays a fun game of golf and is good value at that price.

Decided to pick it up and played the prologue, a round of 18 and the first part of career and it's exactly what I was looking for. No real thrills, but a solid game of golf, especially being able to play three click swings. I don't play golf games in long runs, just short bursts to relax with, but it's really solid.

Shane86

Is it only available on new subscriptions? When I go on to the page in the UK it says I can't purchase/subscribe because "I already own Playstation Plus" (which I don't - my sub expired).

Edit: have they run out of codes maybe? They're listing it as a limited offer. Maybe that's why I can't purchase it.

Same problem here, definitely don't have plus.

For anyone interested I was unable to use the offer page on the website for the Star Wars code despite my plus being lapsed but I was able to on the PS4 store. It just gave me the button for renew and wasn't clear if would come with the code or not but I was renewing anyway and tried it. The code was sent today 2 days later so they don't appear to have run out. I'm in Ireland if it makes a difference.

jdstorm

Banned
Any suggestions what Ubisoft Open World game would be cool for a first timer? I have followed Assassin's Creed and murmur around it somewhat but never actually played.

Black Flag, Syndicate, Unity and Watch Dogs are all dirt cheap. Side note that I don't have a Pro yet and supposedly boost mode is really good with Unity IIRC.

Out of those Black Flag is the best. Unity is the 2nd best (just make sure you play with french vocals) and Watchdogs is not worth the trouble. Just get the Sequel its significantly better.

13ruce

Banned

Black Flag especially if you love pirates too, because it secretly also is the best pirate game ever.

Top Bottom