• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Sale - 100s of games discounted on PSN - Retro / Digital / Cod / SF5

PSN is still such a shitty shopping experience.

Description: Prices, and dates for countries and subscriptions unrelated to your account. Technical and legal details formatted the exact same way as the game blurb. You literally have to search through a wall of text to find out what the game is about.

When is this ever going to improve?

I'm sure with the PS+ price increases we're in for plenty of improvements!

...lol

Ruruja

Yeah I have an issue paying with my PayPal, keeps failing and saying 'Missed Charges' in transaction history. Seems it's a known thing. Guess I'll try in a few days or just forget it.

EDIT: Just bought a prepaid code off amazon and it worked.

Ardenyal

Same here. I love the idea of playing SFV, but the harsh reality is that I'm terrible at it. Is there enough content for a solo player to enjoy while he gets better?

There's at least a good few hours of content for solo play (couple hours for story mode, hour or two for the backstory comics, survival modes and trials).

The player base has probably had enough time to filter the better players through the ranks so bronze league should be somewhat enjoyable aswell.

T-0800

I almost bought SF5 a month or so ago when it was last on sale. I'm glad I waited as this is a great price. $30AU. Yes please.

Bishop89

Were they cheaper back then?

Don't think I've ever seen P3P drop this low before

I bought the bundle for AU $32.95 July 2014
Bundle is now AU$29.95, so I guess it is the cheapest its been, at least in the past couple of years.

So i guess Persona3 on its own is probably the cheapest its been too. Not 100% sure on that though

0OoO0

Just got Capcom Classic Collection Remixed for the Vita! 20 games for only $AU5.95, works out to be 30 cents per game! Great value.

angelic

Banned
How are the GTA trilogy ports?

Mobile ports, not worth it.

So Riptide Renegade creams off the Bosman following early adopters then instantly hits the sale..guessed as much, glad I waited.

Also all arcade archives discounted except the 2 best ones, Salamander and Bubble Bobbl - cheers guys.

Kuraudo

Banned
Still trying to decide on standard or deluxe for SFV. Does anyone have a list of what's included with the season pass? The description only lists the six characters, but I was sure it originally came with fight money and costumes.

BigEmil

Does any of the PS2/1 Classics on the EU store have a 60hz option?

I'll be damned if I buy any more 50hz games after importing a US PS3 (for physical discs, I of course have a US PSN account).
Games that were not released in EU before but came to EU now on PSN on PS2PS4 like Kinetica is 60HZ since it didn't have a EU version before.

I think most are 50HZ for EU sadly, US got the EU version of Ape Escape 2 aswell so they just got one 50HZ game. I think there were a list on the internet somewhere EU games having an option to turn on 60HZ. I know Dead or Alive 2 had it

Mobile ports, not worth it.

So Riptide Renegade creams off the Bosman following early adopters then instantly hits the sale..guessed as much, glad I waited.

Also all arcade archives discounted except the 2 best ones, Salamander and Bubble Bobbl - cheers guys.
The GTA trilogy are not mobile ports. Theyre the PS2 versions.

Smarty86

COD Prices are pretty much garbage.
Would only buy for local splitscreen stuff which isn't worth more than 20 Euro for me.
Guess I will go with RE5 then :)

angelic

Banned
Games that were not released in EU before but came to EU now on PSN on PS2PS4 like Kinetica is 60HZ since it didn't have a EU version before.

I think most are 50HZ for EU sadly, US got the EU version of Ape Escape 2 aswell so they just got one 50HZ game. I think there were a list on the internet somewhere EU games having an option to turn on 60HZ. I know Dead or Alive 2 had it

The GTA trilogy are not mobile ports. Theyre the PS2 versions.

my mistake, here's DF's take on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-face-off

tl;dr they're ok.

Devil

Whew, kind of glad the SFV Season Pass is not on sale. Just bought it last week. Though at that price now I could have just bought the digital Deluxe to add to my physical edition. Shit..

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Now if only they discounted Crash on US psn.

Griss

Jesus, you could feed a developing nation with all that CoD. I had forgotten just how much of it they produce.

Nothing there for me.

Still trying to decide on standard or deluxe for SFV. Does anyone have a list of what's included with the season pass? The description only lists the six characters, but I was sure it originally came with fight money and costumes.

As of now:
-All 6 DLC characters for this year;
-All Battle Costume outfits for each DLC character;
-Guile's Air Force Base stage

It has been confirmed that Season Pass holders will get colours 3-10 for every character as well, so you don't have to touch Survival if you don't want to.

EDIT - I just realised Capcom are trying to palm off the Season Pass for $44.95AUD and the CPT Pack for $37.95... what the fuck?

65% off of the Deluxe Edition is pretty great at $47.95

Danneee

Went on a spree and bought Tombi, Klonoa, Graduate V, Neo Contra, Lucifer's Call, Maximo AoZ and MK Arcade Collection.
All of the PS2 games supposedly have 60hz options. And the PS1 imports should be 60hz.
Came out around €26. Awesome.

Eolz

Anyone to confirm which PS2 classics on PS4 are 50 or 60hz in europe? Asked before in another thread but nobody ever replied.

I tried it some days ago. It still has frame pacing issues so I guess it's still the 50hz version even though a 60hz is available. However Dark Cloud got fixed.

So it's their fake 60hz like sony and nintendo tried to do in the past with other games by speeding them up? Or is that a real 60hz version?

Would have bought at least 5 games but missing out due to Henkaku and not sure wether or not I Will ever update to latest firmwire..all depends on a n64 emulation Will eventually work!

Edorian

Neo Member
I tried it some days ago. It still has frame pacing issues so I guess it's still the 50hz version even though a 60hz is available. However Dark Cloud got fixed.

Thanks. Oh well, if Dark Cloud's been fixed too maybe it's just a matter of time they do the same with Rogue Galaxy. I guess I'll wait until next sale for that one.

thejpfin

Good sale. I bought Crash 2 and Medievil. I would have bought Medievil 2 too, but for some reason is not available in EU store, oh well.

Nbz

FINALLY Persona 3 Portable went on sale. Grabbing this without a second thought!

Now I can get through it before P5 next year!

oni-link

Considering the following:

Kula World 2.49
MGS 3.29
Nights 3.29
Space Channel 5 Part 2 1.69
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony 3.99
Persona 3 Portable 9.49
Downwell 2.49

Would you advise against any of these based on poor quality/them being poor versions?

Also are the Ridge Racer games on sale worth it? I wanted Type 4 but not at 50Hz

Will get The Last Blade 2 when it's a tad cheaper

MrCarter

SF V: 24.99€
SF V Deluxe Edition: 34.99€
SF V Season Pass: 29.99€.

This is absurd... just reduce Season Pass price as well...

For *ucks sake Sony/Capcom! Just reduce the Season pass to £15 already! It's ridiculous. I don't know who in thier right mind would buy the season pass right now when they can get the digital game and the pass included for a few pounds or euros more.

yyr

I see that Deadstorm Pirates (PS3) is on sale.

It was included in the Razing Storm compilation on disc, but on PSN in EU it was also released separately. And it's the best part of said Razing Storm compilation.

If you have a PlayStation Move controller (or a GunCon3) and you like arcade lightgun shooting games AT ALL, then you NEED to buy this. It's a perfect arcade port and it is AWESOME.

Trust me. You'll thank me later.

haikira

If you guys had to pick between Advanced Warfare, or Black Ops 3, based entirely on the merits of their local coop zombie modes, what would you say is the better of the two?

If you guys had to pick between Advanced Warfare, or Black Ops 3, based entirely on the merits of their local coop zombie modes, what would you say is the better of the two?

Advanced Warfare has no zombies in it. Zombie mode is all dlc only.

So Black Ops 3 then.

Just bought Lucifer's Call (Nocturne) and Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2. Lucifer's Call has a 60h mode and runs great but DDS does not have it and it is running poorly/slower. DDS2 should have it according to impressions, but I could not find a toggle to switch to it. But the gameplay is much smoother, like Lucifer'Call, so does it auto use the 60hz mode?

I've just noticed The Warriors is on sale. Anyone played it on PS4 and has it held up well? I really enjoyed playing Bully again even though the frame rate was crap.

Also, is the PS Store not working for anyone else? It might just be my phone being stupid.

FDC1

Same question but between Ghost And AW (BO3 + season pass is too expensive), what's the best choice for you guys?

Ogni-XR21

Got SFV and plan to pick up the Ratchet Triology as the PS4 game was the first I played and I loved it.

Am I the only one who is not able to download the 1.07 update for SFV? Download has been slow in general for the base game but it seems to time-out on that update. Seems like a lot of people are buying SFV...

Top Bottom