• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[EU] PSN Sale - 100s of games discounted on PSN - Retro / Digital / Cod / SF5

GeeTeeCee

Has anyone else had an email from Sony giving them a code for 30% off the cost of the Fallout 4 season pass? I'm in the UK, if that makes any kind of difference.

If I remember correctly, the games are still individually downloaded, so if you purchase the bundle you should be able to select either game from the Vita store and download.

Odd the bundle isn't showing up on the Vita store for you.

Thanks, that seems to be the case!

Andyliini

Dang, just noticed that for some reason, Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call is not available in Finland. Might be a bug or something as every other SMT game is available. Would have bought that and sell the PS2 disk away, but it seems like there's nothing I can do.

Drippy

How is House of the Dead 3 & 4? I would like to play them on Dualshock, I know it is possible, but is it comfortable? I like rail-on shooters, but don't have Move.

Has anyone else had an email from Sony giving them a code for 30% off the cost of the Fallout 4 season pass? I'm in the UK, if that makes any kind of difference.

I did. Also in the UK.

I'd have used it for sure if I had not just rebought the game for Xbox One alongside the season pass in the last sale so I can actually use mods!

Tizoc

How is House of the Dead 3 & 4? I would like to play them on Dualshock, I know it is possible, but is it comfortable? I like rail-on shooters, but don't have Move.

They're fine.
Get Dreadstorm Pirates too, it's a neat Namco On-rails shooter.

Bishop89

SMT: lucifers call
SMT: Digital Devil Saga
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2

How are these games?

Ive never played the SMT games before (except the persona games).

Are these worth picking up?

I got interested after seeing this gif from Nocturne in the ps2 jrpg recommendation thread.

kYqUMKR.gif

How do these games perform?
Any performance issues?
Are they hard?
How would you compare to other jrpgs?

Drippy

They're fine.
Get Dreadstorm Pirates too, it's a neat Namco On-rails shooter.

I have Time Crisis: Razing Storm in box, which contains this game & TC4, but still haven't played it due to lack of a time. I heard good things about this game, so I'll give it a shot soon.

kingkaiser

So, how come the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Vita costs more (11,99) than buying these two games separately (each 4,99)?

I mean, Peace Walker is missing in the Vita Collection, right?

BluWacky

SMT: lucifers call
SMT: Digital Devil Saga
SMT: Digital Devil Saga 2

How are these games?

Ive never played the SMT games before (except the persona games).

Are these worth picking up?

Yes, all of them are. All three share a similar depressing, post-apocalyptic worldview as opposed to Persona's anime-inflected high school storylines; the Digital Devil Saga games are more like "traditional" RPGs, removing the demon fusing/recruitment gameplay in favour of slightly more traditional character advancement. All three use the Press Turn battle system you're already familiar with.

How do these games perform?
Any performance issues?

Not from what I remember, but it's been a long time and I don't own them any more.

Are they hard?

Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is pretty hard; the DDS games, not so much (particularly as you're already familiar with how Press Turn works and how you sometimes get steamrolled if your party isn't set up right!).

Bishop89

Yes, all of them are. All three share a similar depressing, post-apocalyptic worldview as opposed to Persona's anime-inflected high school storylines; the Digital Devil Saga games are more like "traditional" RPGs, removing the demon fusing/recruitment gameplay in favour of slightly more traditional character advancement. All three use the Press Turn battle system you're already familiar with.

Not from what I remember, but it's been a long time and I don't own them any more.

Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is pretty hard; the DDS games, not so much (particularly as you're already familiar with how Press Turn works and how you sometimes get steamrolled if your party isn't set up right!).

Thanks for the info.

I may check at least 1 of them out :) I do LOVE the anime/school thing persona does, but it'll be interesting to see how these settings/themes go too :)

Piotrek

I am curious about Fear Effect 1+2 and Soul Reaver. Are these games worth playing?

Soul Reaver is definitely worth it. It's still one of the better Zelda-like games out there. The entire saga is amazing actually. The plot was written by Amy Hennig (main writer of Uncharted 1-3 later on) and personally I consider it one of the better in video games as a whole. The dialogue is quite heavy on theatrics and philosophy, but in a good way – it fits the apocalyptic setting.

Khrae

I'm being fairly indecisive, which is unheard of for me usually. Am looking at getting the P3P/P2 double pack but...

I already have Persona 3 FES, is P3P different enough to buy separately? Or instead of the double-pack, should I just get Persona 2: Innocent Sin which I don't already have?

I've never played a Mega Man game before but I got £20 of PSN credit today and I'm really tempted to get the legacy collection.

I think I've spent too long listening to Colin from Kinda Funny.

Bishop89

I've never played a Mega Man game before but I got £20 of PSN credit today and I'm really tempted to get the legacy collection.

They're a bit tough. And not as fun (imo) as the X series. But you should get some enjoyment out of them.

Saoshyant

I would if anyone would confirm if Rogue Galaxy is 50 or 60hz (and not some sped-up thing) ;)

The only mention I could find in the forum, don't take it as gospel, though it's not looking great:

I'm not an expert, but I'm usually very sensitive for bad framerates/judder/frame pacing issues.Take this with a grain of salt, but Dark Chronicle plays very sloppy. So I would say it's not fine at all.

Will also take a closer look to Rogue Galaxy.

Edit: Rogue Galaxy is also sloppy. Does not look like proper frame pacing, but for some reason it's not that annoying as Dark Chronicle. And since it is not mentioned in the patch logs, it seems both are still the 50h versions. Damn it. I hope they will patch them aswell, they are the only PS2 games I want to play again.

Amusingly enough, I'm fairly sure the original PAL release of RG had a 50/60Hz selector.

Tizoc

Hope you enjoy them! Try not to rush through them and take your time learning the patterns.

Eolz

The only mention I could find in the forum, don't take it as gospel, though it's not looking great:

Amusingly enough, I'm fairly sure the original PAL release of RG had a 50/60Hz selector.

Blah, seems like it's one of those fake 60hz in PAL :(
Thanks for the post! I can still emulate it...

Looks like a whole bunch of stuff is going on sale from 7th to 21st of September...

Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sin €18
Psychonauts €6
Song of the Deep €10
ADRIFT €12
Tearaway Unfolded €8
Steamworld Heist €10
Ultra Street Fighter IV €10
God of War III Remastered €12
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered €13
Ratchet & Clank €20
Gravity Rush Remastered €12
Alekhine's Gun €15
Assault Android Cactus €6.50
Earth Defense Force €15
Prototype Bundle €18
Alien Isolation The Collection €15
Alien Isolation (No DLC) €9.50
The Talos Principle Deluxe €15
Metal Gear Solid V €20
Mad Max €20
Dishonored Definitive €11
Gozilla €10
Shadow of Mordor GOTY €20
Wolfenstein Old Blood €6
Wolfenstein The New Order €9
The Order 1886 €16
Akiba's Trip €13
Saint Row 4 €8
Diablo III €20
Killzone Shadow Fall €9
Thief €8
Steamworld Dig €4
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition €7
Bound by Flame €9
Infamous Season Son €9
Infamous First Light €5.50

I just scrolled through the main PSN list and marked down prices discounts that stood out as new to me... might have missed some stuff. Some good stuff for this sale IMO.

Looks like a whole bunch of stuff is going on sale from 7th to 21st of September...

Psychonauts €6
Song of the Deep €10
ADRIFT €12
Tearaway Unfolded €8
Steamworld Heist €10
Ratchet & Clank €20
Alekhine's Gun €15
Earth Defense Force €15
Prototype Bundle €18
Metal Gear Solid V €20
Mad Max €20
Gozilla €10
Wolfenstein Old Blood €6
The Order 1886 €16
Akiba's Trip €13
Saint Row 4 €8
Diablo III €20
Killzone Shadow Fall €9
Thief €8
Steamworld Dig €4
Bound by Flame €9
Infamous Season Son €9

I just scrolled through the main PSN list and marked down prices discounts that stood out as new to me... might have missed some stuff. Some good stuff for this sale IMO.

Thanks, might grab Dishonoured at that price. And old blood.

Edit : Depends how much saving I find out I have to do tomorrow.

Bishop89

Psychonauts €6
Song of the Deep €10
ADRIFT €12
Tearaway Unfolded €8
Steamworld Heist €10
Ratchet & Clank €20
Alekhine's Gun €15
Earth Defense Force €15
Prototype Bundle €18
Metal Gear Solid V €20
Mad Max €20
Gozilla €10
Wolfenstein Old Blood €6
The Order 1886 €16
Akiba's Trip €13
Saint Row 4 €8
Diablo III €20
Killzone Shadow Fall €9
Thief €8
Steamworld Dig €4
Bound by Flame €9
Infamous Season Son €9

Nice, some great sale items there.

Top Bottom